Our complete list of American Express credit cards and third party/co-brand American Express credit cards to take advantage of all signup bonuses and promotions. I would definitely recommend to sign up for all the no annual fee Amex cards in order to take advantage of all the “Amex Offers for You”, “Amex Express Checkout”, “Amex Twitter Syncs”, and “Small Business Saturday” promotions throughout the year. Remember, you can only get one lifetime bonus for each personal American Express credit card.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit. Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches. Customer earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Learn More---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Learn More---Chase Total Checking + Savings Review
Things You May Not Know About AmEx:
Now American Express, being how prominent they are in the credit card industry, it’s evident that they have a huge portfolio of credit cards to choose from with tons of bonuses to offer as well. Hopefully, this would be a great insight for people new to American Express!
- American Express always has good bonuses and offers. American Express is very persistent with marketing, especially to individuals without a card in their name and they offer a variety of larger sign up bonuses, chances are you even received a targeted promotion of theirs.
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express personal & business cards once per lifetime. This is American Express’s policy to stop the practice of credit card churning; This policy applies to both personal and business credit cards as of February 25th, 2016 and now you can only get a sign-up bonus once. It’s important that you evaluate the card specs before applying to make sure the card is worth the bonus.
- American Express refunds the annual fee on your card as long as you cancel within one statement period after it posts. They do refund based on the distributed basis after one statement credit is over.
- American Express does not offer match-up on higher sign up bonuses. If you apply for a card with a sign up bonus that gets bumped to a higher sign-up, you won’t receive the higher bonus.
- American Express offers retention bonuses every now and then. If you’ve been holding onto an AmEx card with an annual fee for a while, it’s a great option to call a representative every 90 days for 5,000 points or spending bonuses every now and then.
- Distribute your credit limits with American Express online. There might be a chance that AmEx will disapprove of your credit limit increase when you want to put more spending on a card. You can then distribute the credit limit from another credit card and add it to the card you want a higher limit with. It’s a soft pull as well.
- You can increase your credit limit by up to three times it’s starting limit. American Express is typically one of the most generous when it comes to credit limits. Requesting a credit limit will usually be approved at an increase of up to 3x. American Express make a lot of money from interchange fees, and this is a great way to get cardholders to spend a little on their services. This usually results in a Hard Pull.
- If you’re promised an instant credit limit and you’re not given the limit, odds are, you can get a bonus out of it, but it varies and it’s definitely worth talking to a representative about.
- If you apply for multiple American Express cards the hard inquiries will be combined. It’s possible to mix applications for both business & personal cards. Multiple hard inquiries will be combined into a single inquiry as long as all of your applications are approved on the same day. So this can work out if you apply for one card a day and add charge cards in there as well.
- Do you have an American Express credit card with a higher annual fee? Some of AmEx cards offer a waivable first year and then a hefty annual fee on top after the first year. You can consider downgrading to a card with no annual fee, and I recommend the AmEx Everyday Card for a no annual fee and you can earn membership rewards points as well. It’s a good option and you get to keep the points.
- Amex is known to sometimes give out the new credit card number instantly, this is usually so that you can use it for online purchases and yes, this is YMMV and does vary a lot.
- American Express Sync can make you some cash. American Express will release spending offers now and then you can use Facebook or Twitter to sync these offers to each card, then use your Card to pay and see the savings or points on your statement.
- Business credit cards aren’t reported to personal credit bureaus.
- They run Small Business Saturday every year. Lots of people were able to make lots of small $10 purchases and get some goodies for free. Small Business Saturday is basically for small sole proprietaries looking to provide to their community. You could receive statement credits for spending on small business Saturday participating sole proprietaries.
- You can have a maximum of four American Express credit cards at one time. You can still have as many charge credit cards as you want
|Amex Cards||Bonus/Worth||Spending Requirement||Annual Fee||Review|
|Hilton Honors Surpass® Card|
from American Express (Targeted)
|100K Hilton Honor Points||$3,000 in 3 months||$75||Review|
|Platinum Card® from American Express (Targeted)||100K Points (No Lifetime Language)||$5,000 in 3 months||$550||Review|
| Hilton HonorsTM Surpass® Card|
from American Express
|75K Hilton Honor Points||$3,000 in 3 months||$75||Review|
| Gold Delta SkyMiles®|
Credit Card (Targeted)
|70K Miles + $50||$2,000 in 4 months||$0 for 1st year, then $95||Review|
|Platinum Card® from American Express||60K Membership Rewards points||$5,000 in 3 months||$550||Review|
|Hilton Honors Card from American Express||50K Hilton Honor Points||$1,000 in 3 months||$0||Review|
|American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card (Targeted)||50K Points||$2,000 in 3 months||$0 for 1st year, then $195||Review|
|Delta Reserve Card from American Express||10K Medallion® Qualification Miles + 40K miles||$3,000 in 3 months||$450||Review|
|Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express||5K Medallion® Qualification Miles + 35K miles||$1,000 in 3 months||$195||Review|
|Gold Delta SkyMiles®Credit Card||30K Miles + $50||$3,000 in 4 months||$0 for 1st year, then $95||Review|
|AmEx EveryDaySM Preferred Credit Card (incognito mode)||30K Membership Rewards® Points||$2,000 in 3 months||$95||Review|
|American Express® Green Card (incognito mode)||25,000 Points||None||$0 for 1st year, then $95||Review|
|American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card||25K Points||$2,000 in 3 months||$0 for 1st year, then $195||Review|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express (Targeted)||$250||$1,000 in 3 months||$95||Review|
|Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express||25K Starpoints||$3,000 in 3 months||$0 for 1st year, then $95||Review|
|Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express||Up to $250||$1,000 in 3 months||$0||Review|
|AmEx EveryDaySM Preferred Credit Card||15K Membership Rewards® Points||$1,000 in 3 months||$95||Review|
|Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express (Targeted)||$150||$1,000 in 3 months||$0||Review|
|Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express||$150||$1,000 in 3 months||$0 annual fee for the first year, then $95||Review|
|Amex EveryDay® Credit Card||10K Membership Rewards® Points||$1,000 in 3 months||$0||Review|
|PlentiSM Credit Card from Amex||5K Points||$250 in 3 months||$0||Review|
|American Express Centurion® Card||$0||None||$2,500||Review|
Third party/co-brand Amex cards that run on the American Express payment network are extremely important because they can be enrolled in all American Express promotions.
How to get a Business Credit Card
You may not know this, but if you ever sell something on eBay or Craigslist, even had a garage sale, your business is called sole proprietorship which then allowed you to apply for a business card using your legal name as your business id and social security number as your tax id. This is the easiest business entity and completely legal recognized by the IRS.
|Amex Business Cards||Bonus/Key Features||Spending Requirement/Terms||Annual Fee||Review|
|Business Platinum Card® from American Express (Targeted)||150k Membership Rewards point||$5,000 in 5 months + $10,000 in 3 months||$450||Review|
|Business Platinum Card® from American Express||75K Membership Rewards points||$10,000 in 3 months +|
$10,000 in 3 months
|Business Platinum Card® from American Express(YMMV)||75K Membership Rewards points||$5,000 in 3 months +|
$5,000 in 3 months
|Business Platinum Card® from American Express (Targeted)||250K Membership Rewards points||$1,150,000 spent||$450||Review|
|Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express (Targeted)||75K Membership Rewards points||$5,000 in 3 months||$0 for 1st year, then $175||Review|
|Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN||50K Membership Rewards points||$5,000 in 3 months||$0 for 1st year, then $175||Review|
|Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express||30K Miles + $50||$1,000 in 3 months||$0 for 1st year, then $95||Review|
|SimplyCash® Plus Business Credit Card from American Express||$400||$5,000 in 6 months + $10,000 in 12 months||$0||Review|
|Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card||35K + 5K MQM + $100||$1,000 in 3 months + Delta purchase||$195||Review|
|Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express||25K Starpoints||$5,000 in 3 months||$0 for 1st year, then $95||Review|
|Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express||20K Membership Rewards Points||$3,000 in 3 months||$0||Review|
|Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express (Targeted)||20k Membership Rewards Points||$5,000 in 3 months||$0||Review|
|Business Green Rewards Card from American Express||5K Membership Rewards points||Make one purchase||$0 for 1st year, then $95||Review|
|American Express Delta Reserve Business Credit Card||10K Medallion Miles + 10K Bonus Miles||Make one purchase||$450||Review|
|The Plum Card® from American Express OPEN||1.5% early pay discount with no cap||Up to 60 days to pay with no interest||$0 for 1st year, then $250||Review|