You may have glimpsed at your card art before, noticing in the bottom right-hand corner in flamboyant 3-Dish font “VISA Signature.” You should already be familiar with VISA as one of the major payment networks alongside MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover, but what does the VISA Signature package really offer you premium cardholders?If you own a VISA Signature, you would be able to have access to several special protections and services and at BCS, we’re dedicated towards listing out what exactly some of the benefits you should be looking out for.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking(SM) account and set up direct deposit. Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,200 branches. Customer earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Learn More---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
Chase Total Checking® + Chase Savings(SM) Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings(SM) account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Learn More---Chase Total Checking + Savings Review
Recommended VISA Signatures:
Auto rental collision damage waiver
Renting a car with a VISA Signature will get you additional coverage against physical damage and/or theft of the covered rental vehicle. The best part about this protection is that VISA will reimburse your deductible for your personal auto insurance, as long as you are able to provide the right documents. Using this benefit, you would have to had rent a car for less than 15 consecutive days in your home country, or 31 consecutive days internationally.
Editor’s Note: Personal auto coverage extends to rental cars, so if you don’t have much on liability insurance, Auto Rental CDW won’t help you because it doesn’t include liability coverage.
Travel Protection is one of the perks for VISA Signature cardholders, this generally includes:
- Roadside Dispatch: Call 1-800-847-2869 if you’re ever in an event that you need to be connected to VISA Signature’s exclusive roadside dispatch services. The dispatch will connect you to a reliable service provider to either assist you with your towing, tire changing, jump starting, locked out service needs as well as fuel delivery and winching at a flat $59.95 fee for the service call. Services include:
- Towing — Up to 5 miles included. You can pay to have the car towed farther.
- Tire Changing — You must have a good, inflated spare tire
- Lockout Service — Doesn’t include key replacement
- Fuel Delivery — Up to 5 gallons (you pay the cost of the fuel, too)
- Winching — Your car must be within 100 feet of paved or county maintained road)
- Jump Starting
- Editor’s Note: $60 is a little pricey thing to pay for jump starting your car, but definitely a great asset to have just in case that you’re ever in a bind.
- Lost luggage reimbursement: If you’re luggage ends up mysteriously missing during a flight, VISA will reimburse you up to $3,000 for whatever the airline carrier doesn’t pay up as long as you’ve paid for your flight with your VISA Signature.
- This excludes more valuable items such as money, glasses, tickets or anything covered by a separate insurance policy, so if you’re traveling, it’s best to just keep those items close at all times. Call your benefits administrator to report a claim.
- Do you have homeowner insurance, renters insurance or other policies that cover lost possessions? You will be required to file a claim with your insurer and submit a copy of the claim to VISA. VISA may pay the remainder of the claim.
- Keep in mind that filing a claim can raise your premium and too much claims may result in you being dropped from your provider. In some cases, cutting your loses may be the least expensive option sadly.
- Accidental death and dismemberment travel insurance: When you use your VISA Signature to pay for a taxi, bus, train, or courtesy transportation fares (airlines excluded), you’re entitled to $250,000 in travel insurance. Hopefully, you won’t need to use this feature, but again, a just-in-case precaution.
- Travel and emergency assistance services: These services are provided to the cardholder, spouse, and children (dependents under 22) and can be accessed by calling the Benefit Administrator at 1-800-397-9010 or 410-902-8012 (if outside the U.S.). Includes medical and legal referral assistance, emergency transportation assistance, ticket replacement, lost luggage locator, emergency translation, prescription assistance, and more.
- Remember that you have to pay for all the service you request. The benefits administrator will put you in touch with a local interpreter that cost for his or her time.
Extended warranty protection
Extended warranty is standard for VISA Signatures with protection against theft or damage. Keep in mind that the time span must be within the first 90 days from the date of purchase. Also, maximum coverage is $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder. The purchase security will replace, repair, or reimburse the cardholder for said events of theft, damage due to fire, vandalism, accidentally discharged water, or certain weather conditions.
Note that items not covered will include motorized vehicles, items for professional or commercial use, real estate and parts of real estate (like plumbing or garage doors), rented or leased items, used or pre-owned items, computer software and medical equipment, among others.
Editor’s Note: VISA does have the ability to extend the manufacturer’s warranty if the manufacturer’s offer term isn’t very impressive.
Discounts and free upgrades: Get extra perks at certain hotels, special access to some sports events and discounted items. For discounted movie tickets, visit fandango.com/visasignature.
Concierge service: 24/7 Concierge Services will help you make arrangements; need help with picking a gift or planning a trip.
Purchase security: You can get reimbursed for up to $500 per claim (and $50,000 per cardholder) if something you bought is damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. Lost luggage benefit, you’ll have to file an insurance claim with your provider first.
If you weren’t too familiar with VISA Signature’s Benefits and services, then we hope this cleared up quite a bit of your questions. I recommend checking out a Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature for 2% cash back on all of your purchases on top of all of the listed VISA Signature Benefits. Most of the benefits mentioned wouldn’t be used unless you are in a situation where you need it, which, hopefully, you’ll never have to have that happen to you, but things do happen and preventing that ‘L’ (Loss) from happening is definitely more satisfying. Find our complete list of Credit Card Promotions from our exclusive list!
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.