Chase Fairmont Visa Signature® cardholders, some rather unfortunate news has finally settled with Chase sending out letters stating Fairmont cardholders being converted to the Chase Sapphire Preferred as of August 15, 2017. I mean this was the only possible move for Chase considering that Chase made the card unavailable for new applicants just last year. Being as optimistic as possible, if you applied for the card anytime after August 15, 2016, you will be able to reap the free anniversary night one last time for only a $6k spend and you’ll be converted into a Ultimate Rewards earning card. However, I must add that there will be no more Premier upgrade certificates and Fairmont status.
Update 10/19/17: For those of you that accomplished the Fairmont Free Night requirements, the Fairmont Free Night Bonus has already posted, so be sure to check out the Fairmont official site.
Alternative Credit Card Bonuses:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit. Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches. Customer earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Learn More---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Learn More---Chase Total Checking + Savings Review
Chase College CheckingSM Earn a $50 bonus when you open a new Chase College Checking account then enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. Open a convenient checking account where you can bank on the go, get access to Chase QuickPay® and so much more! Learn More---Chase College Checking Review
Chase Fairmont Credit Card Discontinued Summary:
- Conversion will happen on August 15th and your new Chase Sapphire Preferred will arrive within about six to eight weeks afterwards. Starting August 15, the card will operate as the Sapphire Preferred until your replacement arrives.
- Any points that you’ve earned from the card will be converted to Ultimate Rewards points.
- If you want to redeem your points as Fairmont points, you’ll have to do so by August 14.
- If you got the card prior to August 15, 2016, you’ll need a spend of $12k by August 15, 2017 to get a free night added to your Fairmont account. Free Night will arrive 6 weeks after your anniversary date OR 8-10 weeks after August 15. Free night will be valid for 1 year after issued.
- If you got the card after August 16, 2016, you’ll only need a spend of $6k by August 15, 2017 to get a free night added to your Fairmont account. Free Night will arrive 6 weeks after your anniversary date OR 8-10 weeks after August 15. Free night will be valid until February 28, 2018.
Chase Fairmont Visa Signature Card Features:
- Earn 2 Complimentary Nights after you make $3,000 in purchases within your first 3 months of account opening*
- Earn 1 Complimentary Night each anniversary year that you make $12,000 in purchases with your card*
- Earn Fairmont Rewards on Every Purchase — 5 for every $1 spent on Fairmont stays, 2 for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with airlines, at car rental agencies, and on transit and commuting, and 1 for every $1 spent on all other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases worldwide
Automatic Upgrade to Premier Status after your credit card account is approved
Earn Platinum Status faster — when you spend $7,500 on your card, we will give you a stay credit towards Platinum status, up to a maximum of two stay credits per calendar year
Added value for existing Premier and Platinum members: Annual Fairmont Gold upgrade certificate plus dining certificates as long as you maintain your Premier or Platinum membership status earned through stays
- $0 Introductory Annual Fee, then $95
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Features:
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value – that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
Fairmont Cardholders will be converted to the Chase Sapphire Reserve by August 15, 2017. This means you have two months to complete the spending necessary to trigger your free night(s). Starting August 15, the card will operate as the Sapphire Preferred until your replacement arrives. Any points that you’ve earned from the card will be converted to Ultimate Rewards points. Quite a shame that the Fairmont is officially discontinued considering the value of the Premier status + Premier Certificates and they had a pretty nice rewards structure coined Ovation Status. Find our complete list of Credit Card Bonuses today! Also, Find more Chase bonuses just like this with our in-depth Chase Reviews!
|Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card, is offering you a chance to earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend at least $1,000 within the first 3 months of account opening. With this card you will earn 3X points at U.S. Gas Stations, 2X points at U.S. Restaurants, and 1X point on all other net purchases. On top of the great perks, you will enjoy the $0 Annual Fee and 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, after that the variable APR will apply. Apply Now---Wells Fargo Propel Amex Review|