Discover offers 4 credit cards with up to 5% Cash Back and an excellent new promotion of Double Cash Back at the end of the first year for new customers. Discover provides high-quality service, unique benefits such as no annual fee, instant account freeze, first late payment forgiveness, free FICO credit score tracking, rewards redeemable at Amazon and top-notch security features.
Unlike other financial institutions, Discover initially started as a credit card company but now offers more services like online banking and student and personal loans. With only 4 credit cards, Discover is confident that at least one will meet each customer’s financial needs. Review all Discover credit card promotions and features and sign up to enjoy the benefits.
Things To Know About Discover Credit Cards:
Discover is a higher standard corporate institution that runs their own payment network. We’re going to evaluate the things everybody should consider when looking at a Discover credit cards. This can be very informative for new and current cardholders. This is for cards issued by Discover as part of their portfolio.
- You can view what cards you’re pre-approved for online.
- Discover does not offer any retention bonuses, because their cards don’t have any annual fees but there are spending bonuses available on their cards every here and now.
- You can have a maximum of two credit cards issued by Discover. First accounts must be opened for at least a year before you can open a second on. Does not include student cards (you can only have one).
- Discover has referral programs. Limit 10 referrals per year. They have a $50 referral where both you and your referee receives the incentive and it will double if you have the bonus attached to your account.
- Multiple inquiries won’t be merged because you can only apply for one card at a time.
- Discover won’t approve you with a frozen credit report. PIN might be available to access frozen reports
- Discover reports for statement balance to credit bureaus. They’ll also report off cycle if you contact them directly, this can be extremely useful if you need to lower your credit utilization in a hurry for FICO scoring purposes.
- Distributing credit limits is a soft pull if done at the time of a new application. Both cards need to have a minimum credit limit of $500.
- Discover offers soft pull for small credit limit increases and hard pulls on bigger credit limit increases.
- Discover will usually match sign up bonuses.
- Discover does not issue an instant credit card number.
- You can churn Discover credit card bonuses. For example: the Discover IT card offered a $150 bonus with double cash back for the first year.
- You have the option to change your payment due date online.
- If you’re denied for a Discover credit card, contact their reconsideration department. They might be able to approve you.
|Discover Credit Cards||Key Feature(s)||Terms||Annual Fee||Review|
|Discover It CashBack Match Card||Double cash back 1st year, up to 5% cash back||Quarterly rotating categories||$0||Review|
|Discover It 18 Month Balance Transfer Card||0% on Purchases for 6 months and 0% on Balance Transfers for 18 months||N/A||$0||Review|
|Discover It Miles Card||Double miles 1st year, unlimited 1.5x miles for every $1||100 miles equals $1.00||$0||Review|
|NHL Discover It Card||Double cash back 1st year, up to 5% cash back, 10% off NHL gear||Quarterly rotating categories||$0||Review|
|Discover It Chrome Card||Double cash back 1st year/ Up to 2% cash back no sign ups required.||2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations no sign-ups needed. Unlimited 1% cash back on all your other purchases.||$0||Review|
|Discover It Chrome for Students Card||Double cash back 1st year/ Up to 2% cash back no sign ups required.||2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations no sign-ups needed. Unlimited 1% cash back on all your other purchases.||$0||Review|
|Discover It for Students||Double cash back 1st year, up to 5% cash back, $20 each year for good grades||Quarterly rotating categories||$0||Review|
|Discover it Gas and Rewards Card||Double cash back 1st year, up to 2% cash back||Quarterly rotating categories||$0||Review|
|Discover It Secured Card||Build Credit||N/A||$0||Review|