If you’re looking to improve and build your limited to none existent credit history then your best bet is a secured credit card. Now, the bigger question is… What is the best secured credit card? My answer’s plain and simple; The Discover IT Secured Card completely obliterates any other secured card in the market with no annual fee, the ability to earn cash back, free FICO credit score check and so much more! All you need is an minimum initial $200 deposit to activate, however, keep in mind that your credit limit will be based upon the amount of your deposit. This is definitely a recommended secured card from our “Best Secured Card List.”
Editor’s Note: Individuals can easily get a match-up to another rewards program from Discover as one of the ‘additional benefits’: The Discover It 5% Cash Back rotating categories, the Discover It Miles, etc.
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn a $150 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Convenience Checking account and set up direct deposit. You will earn free online notices and statement with check images, easy person-to-person, and internal/external transfer. Apply Now---TD Bank Convenience Checking Review|
|Chase SapphireSMChecking: Enjoy 60,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards bonus points when you join SapphireSM Banking. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Checking Review
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with free Chase Debit Card, Mobile Check Deposit, Banker guidance, Text banking and QuickPay with Zelle. Get Coupon---Chase College Checking Review|
|CIT Bank allows you to earn a competitive high rate of 2.25% APY when you open a new Savings Builder account. The account comes with secure banking features, 24/7 account access and is FDIC insured. Build a habit of savings. Pay yourself first. Start with $100 per month and build your habit of savings-—all while getting a top rate. Apply Now—CIT Bank Review|
Table of Contents
Alternative Secured Credit Cards:
Recommended Non-Secured Credit Cards:
Discover It Secured Card Summary:
- Learn More
- Best Feature: Rebuilds credit & has an exceptional rewards program.
- Annual Fee: $0
- Expiration Date: None
- Additional Advice: Individuals can easily get a match-up to another rewards program from Discover as one of the ‘additional benefits’: The Discover It 5% Cash Back rotating categories, the Discover It Miles, etc.
Discover It Secured Card Features:
- No Annual Fee, cash back on every purchase, and helps you build your credit with responsible use.
- A security deposit of $200 or more will establish your credit line (up to the amount we can approve). Automatic monthly reviews start at one year to see if we can transition you to an account with no security deposit.
- Earn 2% cash back at restaurants & gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases each quarter. Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Tools to assist you; email alerts, text reminders and 24/7 customer service. Plus get your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements and online.
- Discover matches all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year – automatically. New cardmembers only.
- No late fee on your first late payment. And paying late won’t raise your APR.
- Click “APPLY NOW” to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
Discover It Secured Pros:
- No Annual Fee
- Top-Notch Rewards Program
- Free FICO
Discover It Secured Cons:
- Doesn’t earn interest on security deposit
The Discover IT Secured Card’s rewards structure is similar to the Discover IT Chrome; You earn 1% on all purchases and 2% cash back on gas and restaurants (limit of $1,000 per quarter). Again, this is the best secured card in the market… Make sure that you take advantage of their additional match-up benefit for a chance for you to upgrade to a rewards structure similar to the Discover It, or Discover Miles, etc. Keep in mind that the interest rate of 23.74% APY is decent but I still urge that you pay off all your balances each month! Also, try to avoid spending more than 10%-15% of your credit limit considering that your credit utilization does play a factor in building your credit score as well. This card is easily at the top of our Best Secured Card List. If you still would like to review other options, check out our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
|With the HSBC Gold Mastercard® credit card:
-0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 18 months from account opening. Then a variable APR of 12.99%, 16.99% or 20.99% will apply.
-No Penalty APR.
-Late Fee Waiver.
-No Foreign Transaction Fees.
-$0 Annual Fee.
-$0 liability for unauthorized purchases.
-See Rates & Fees