Available for residents nationwide, Popular Direct Savings is offering a 2.00% APY on their Popular Direct Exclusive Savings Account! To earn the high rate, you must open the account with a minimum opening deposit of at least $5,000. That’s all you need to do to earn the competitive rate! The account is also no bounded by any maximum balance restrictions so you will be able to earn the 2.00% APY on all balances! They also offer many great features such as no minimum balance requirement, a low monthly fee, daily compounded interest, and many more! If you are interested, don’t hesitate to open a CD today!
Editor’s Note: Please note that starting March 15, 2018, Popular Direct will be implementing a 60-day freeze on withdrawals for new accounts, starting with the date of account opening. Please note, your account will continue to earn interest during this time. Once the 60-day authorization period is complete, you may withdraw funds as needed.
Popular Direct Savings Account Summary:
- Apply Now
- Account Type: Popular Direct Savings Account
- Rate: 2.00% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull or Hard Pull? Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Additional Requirements: You must open the account with $5,000 minimum funding requirement.
- Monthly Fee:
- $4 monthly service fee if the balance on any day is below $500.
- Early Termination Fee: $25 early closing fee if account is closed within 180 days of opening. $5 monthly dormancy fee if there has been no activity for 12 months.
Popular Direct Savings Account Requirements:
- Open a Popular Direct’s Savings Account to earn the 2.00% APY rate.
- Make the minimum opening deposit of at least $5,000.
- Maintain the account for at least 180 days or a $25 early closing fee will apply for accounts closed within 180 days of opening.
Popular Direct Savings Fine Print:
- For all applicable fees please refer to their “Schedule of Fees”.
- Customers will earn interest paid but not interest accrued as of the account closing date.
- An “External Account” is an existing deposit account that you own at another US financial institution and you have successfully validated through the External Account function in Popular Direct Online Banking.
- You cannot change your External Account during the first 60 calendar days after opening your Popular Direct account. Thereafter, you may change your External Account.
- However, each time you change your External Account, you may not change it for 60 calendar days.
- They reserve the right to change our fees, charges, balance requirements, Interest Rate, and APY.
- They will notify you of any changes as required by law.
For those of you looking for a great rate on a savings account, apply for a Popular Direct Savings account and you could earn yourself an attractive 2.00% APY. Best of all, the only requirement is to make the $5,000 opening deposit. The rate is applicable on all balances so be sure to take advantage of this offer before it ends! Keep in mind that there is a dormant fee if your account remains inactive for at least 12 months. Overall, this promotion is a great offer for those interested in a high rate! If you would like to see more offers like this, check out our updated list of the Best Savings Rates!
|With the The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express:
-Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
-Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.74% to 25.74%.
-$0 balance transfer fee. Balance transfers must be requested within 60 days from account opening.
-2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases.
-Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits.
-Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
-No annual fee.
-See Rates & Fees