Available for residents nationwide, Popular Direct Savings is offering a 1.85% APY on their Popular Direct Exclusive Savings Account! To earn the high rate, you must open the account with a minimum opening deposit of at least $5,000. That’s all you need to do to earn the competitive rate! The account is also no bounded by any maximum balance restrictions so you will be able to earn the 1.85% APY on all balances! They also offer many great features such as no minimum balance requirement, a low monthly fee, daily compounded interest, and many more! If you are interested, don’t hesitate to open a CD today!
Editor’s Note: Per fine print on the promotion page: “Annual Percentage Yield (APY) offer is available only for new Popular Direct Exclusive Savings account opened effective as of 5/17/2018”. However, existing members could try to call and chat with CSR to see if they can provide their existing account and receive the APY upgrade. (YMMV)
Popular Direct Savings Account Summary:
- Apply Now
- Account Type: Popular Direct Savings Account
- Rate: 1.85% APY
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date: None
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull or Hard Pull? Let us know
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Additional Requirements: You must open the account with $5,000 minimum funding requirement.
- Monthly Fee:
- $4 monthly service fee if the balance on any day is below $500.
- Early Termination Fee: $25 early closing fee if account is closed within 180 days of opening. $5 monthly dormancy fee if there has been no activity for 12 months.
Popular Direct Savings Account Requirements:
- Open a Popular Direct’s Savings Account to earn the 1.85% APY rate.
- Make the minimum opening deposit of at least $5,000.
- Maintain the account for at least 180 days or a $25 early closing fee will apply for accounts closed within 180 days of opening.
Popular Direct Savings Fine Print:
- For all applicable fees please refer to their “Schedule of Fees”.
- Customers will earn interest paid but not interest accrued as of the account closing date.
- An “External Account” is an existing deposit account that you own at another US financial institution and you have successfully validated through the External Account function in Popular Direct Online Banking.
- You cannot change your External Account during the first 60 calendar days after opening your Popular Direct account. Thereafter, you may change your External Account.
- However, each time you change your External Account, you may not change it for 60 calendar days.
- They reserve the right to change our fees, charges, balance requirements, Interest Rate, and APY.
- They will notify you of any changes as required by law.
For those of you looking for a great rate on a savings account, apply for a Popular Direct Savings account and you could earn yourself an attractive 1.85% APY. Best of all, the only requirement is to make the $5,000 opening deposit. The rate is applicable on all balances so be sure to take advantage of this offer before it ends! Keep in mind that there is a dormant fee if your account remains inactive for at least 12 months. Overall, this promotion is a great offer for those interested in a high rate! If you would like to see more offers like this, check out our updated list of the Best Savings Rates!