The Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Plus Card offers 50,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three month of account opening- that’s worth Two Free roundtrip flight or $710 towards Southwest flights! For this card, you earn two points per dollar spent at Southwest Airlines, Rapid Rewards Hotel, and Car Rental Partners. When you use your Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Plus Card to purchase your flight or other travel fare, you are automatically eligible for travel accident insurance, rental car insurance and lost luggage reimbursement. Additionally, this card offers 24/7 roadside assistance, zero liability and purchase protection. There is an annual fee of $69, but you also get 3,000 bonus miles each year on card anniversary date if you do decide to keep the card.
Alternative Credit Card Bonuses:
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking(SM) account and set up direct deposit. Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,200 branches. Customer earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Apply Now---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
Chase Total Checking® and Chase Savings(SM) Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase Savings(SM) account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Learn More---Chase Total Checking + Savings Review
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Card Summary:
- Apply Now
- Maximum Bonus: 50,000 bonus points
- Spending Requirement: You must spend $2,000 within 3 months of account opening.
- Annual Fee: $69
- Bonus Worth: The 50K bonus points is worth $710 in Southwest Flights, then subtract the $69 annual fee that is not waived.
- Expiration Date: Limited time only. It will revert back to 25,000 bonus points soon.
- Additional Advice: Most cardmembers also apply for the Southwest Airlines Premier card in order to get another 50K bonus points. You will end up with 104K total points after bonus spending requirements for both cards. Then spend another $6K to earn a total of 110K points to trigger the Companion pass. In doing so, your companion will fly for free and making your points worth double!
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus Card Features:
- Earn 50,000 Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account
- 3,000 Bonus Points after your Cardmember Anniversary
- Earn unlimited points that don’t expire
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines and Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- $69 Annual Fee
There is no blackout dates of using your points and they offer two free checked bags when flying with Southwest. However, this mileage credit card lacks many of the travel benefits whereas it doesn’t give priority boarding, VIP lounge access, in-flight discounts or access to concierge services. You’ll also be paying international purchase fee of 3% if you use the Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Plus Card while traveling overseas.
However, the 50K bonus points is by far one of the best credit card signup bonuses which far outweigh the cons along with the annual fee. You can save thousand of dollars with a companion pass to fly for free til the end of 2017! Find our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
|Get the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® to earn 50,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases within 90 days. If you travel often and you want a card that will help you get to your next destination sooner, this card is for you. The card’s flexibility, rewards rate and EMV capabilities make it the ultimate choice for travelers. With this card, you get 5% of your miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem for travel statement credits, and 2x miles on all purchases! Check this card out to see if it's the right fit for you! Apply Now---Barclaycard Arrival Plus Review|