For travelers who book Hilton hotels, check out the newest offer on the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express.
You can receive 125,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the card within your first 3 months of card membership. Plus, earn a free Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your card in a calendar year.
If you’re interested in what more this card has to offer, keep reading to find out more.
Table of Contents
Amex Hilton Honors Ascend Credit Card Summary
With the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express:
• Earn 125,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchase within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
• Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
• Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
• Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
• $95 annual fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
With the Hilton Honors Ascend, you’ll earn 12 points per $1 spent on stays at Hilton properties. This is in addition to the points you’d normally earn through the Hilton Honors program.
You’ll also earn 6 points per $1 spent at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations. Plus, earn 3 points per $1 spent on all other purchases.
Hilton points are worth around 0.5 cent per point, which is about half the value of the average rewards program point. While this rate isn’t the greatest, it is a decent return for purchases that aren’t Hilton property bookings. However, the value of your points depends on the Hilton hotel category where you book your stay.
With Hilton Honors points, it’s best to redeem your points for free stays rather than other options, such as merchandise or transferring your points. Per Hilton Honors program, the amount of points required to redeem hotel rewards varies by hotel, room, booking date, and length of stay. Hilton has recently retired its award chart. Thus, you must search individually for specific properties and their award rates.
Instead of redeeming your points for a hotel room, you could use Hilton Honor’s Points & Money option. You can redeem points or pay cash to cover an entire stay or use a combination of both. This makes your points flexible since you can use as many points you want on a given redemption. As long as there’s a room available using points, you can use Points & Money.
Hilton Honors allows members to redeem points for many non-hotel rewards. This includes merchandise through the Honors Shopping Mall, experiences through the Honors auction platform, and on-property rewards. You can also transfer your points to Hilton Honors airline partners or redeem them for free car rentals or cruises. However, these options give relatively low value for your points. You’re best off redeeming them for hotel stays.
The Hilton Honors Ascend provides some standard protections for purchases and travels, but there are four more benefits you should know:
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status. Cardholders will get automatic Gold status in the Hilton Honors program and an upgrade to Diamond when you spend $40,000 in a calendar year. Perks include bonus points, room upgrades, and complementary breakfast. If you stay at Hilton properties frequently, you can get a lot of value out of this card.
- Free Weekend Night Rewards. You’ll earn a complementary Weekend Night Reward once you spend $15,000 on purchases on your card in a calendar year. This perk may be worth more than enough to cover the annual fee, depending on how you use it.
- Priority Pass Select. You won’t get unlimited access, but you get 10 lounge visits per year once enrolled. Additional passes are only $27. This is a great perk if you travel frequently through an airport with a Priority Pass lounge a handful of times per year.
- No foreign transaction fees. This is a great perk for those who frequently travel outside the states. You can save the 2.7% – 3% fee on purchases made outside the U.S.
With the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express, you could earn 125,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 in purchases on the card within your first 3 months of card membership.
Additionally, you can earn 12X Hilton Honors bonus points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Not only that but you’ll a free Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after meeting the spend requirements of $15,000 on purchases on your card in a calendar year.
There is an annual fee, but if the features make up for it then feel free to apply. Also, don’t forget to check out our complete list of credit card promotions if you’re looking for more credit card options.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.