While American Express is an advertising partner of BankCheckingSavings, the opinions and beliefs in this article are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer.
Get the Business Green Card from American Express to earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points after you make one purchase. With this card, you can have a flexible spending limit that can evolve with your business, all while earning Membership Rewards points you can use toward employee gifts, client dinners, electronics, and more.
It’s not the best bonus considering the annual fee is $95, waived the 1st year. However, you can earn 2x points per $1 on travel through the amextravel.com website. Therefore, the card is a good option if you can spend at least $5,000 in the bonus category each year. When you hit this threshold, your rewards will cover the card’s annual fee.
For the average business owner, you’ll get better value out of the American Express Business Gold Card instead. But, if you travel often, check the Business Green Card out.
Table of Contents
Business Green Rewards Card from American Express Summary
- Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards® points after your first purchase on the Card
- Earn double Membership Rewards® points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Earn one Membership Rewards® point for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases
- Choose rewards from over 500 leading brands in travel, gift cards, merchandise or entertainment
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95
- Terms & Limitations Apply
- See Rates & Fees
Earning 5,000 Amex Business Green Rewards Bonus Points
Take advantage of the Business Green Rewards card’s 5,000 Membership Rewards bonus points promotion. Compare this credit card with other offers.
To qualify, charge your first purchase to your card within the first year of opening your account. There is no minimum spending requirement to worry about.
Earn Membership Rewards Points
It’s easy to earn Membership Rewards points with this card. Cardholders earn 2x points per $1 on travel through the amextravel.com website.
Like many other points-based cards, the value of your rewards depends on how you use them. Each Membership Rewards point is worth up to $0.02, an excellent value considering the average is just $0.01 per point.
Redeem your Membership Rewards points for travel via Amex or Expedia, statement credits, merchandise, unique experiences, gift cards, and donations. You can even transfer them.
The best way to use your Membership Rewards points is to transfer them to one of 20+ travel partners. This way, you can use earned points for higher-class flights with various airlines and routes. Or, premium rooms at higher-tier hotels.
The best, but tedious, way to redeem your points is to transfer them to one of Amex’s partner airlines or hotels. Here’s a list of Membership Rewards airline and hotel partners:
|Aer Lingus||AeroMexico||Air Canada|
|Air France/KLM||Alitalia||All Nippon Airways|
|Avianca||British Airways||Cathay Pacific|
|Delta Air Lines||El Al Israel Airlines||Emirates|
|Etihad Airways||Hawaiian Airlines||Iberia|
|JetBlue Airways||Qantas||Singapore Airlines|
|Virgin Atlantic||Choice Privileges||Hilton Honors|
Amex Business Green Rewards Payment Flexibility
Most charge cards require you to pay your balance in full when the statement is issued. Rather than making monthly minimum payments on your balance over time.
As a charge card, the Amex Business Green Rewards card allows more flexibility when payment time comes. Letting you carry a balance (with interest) on eligible charges of $100 or more. Choose to pay your full balance, the minimum amount due or any number in between.
Earn 5,000 Membership Rewards Points for your Business Green Card from American Express after your first purchase. If you travel often, you can accumulate a great amount of points to use for rental cars, tickets, and a multitude of other bonuses! You earn 1 point for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases 2 points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website. American Express also has great customer service and fraud protection. If you have any problems, you can always call them and trust that they’ll solve any issues. They offer car rental and loss insurance, roadside assistance, purchase protection, return protection, baggage insurance plans, and an extended warranty. With no annual fee for the first year and the many benefits, this card is great for any business so give it a shot! Find our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
Other Cards To Consider
With the Ink Business Preferred℠ Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business:
• Earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase
• Plus, a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
• Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards and more
• No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
With the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business:
• Earning unlimited 2% cash back could mean thousands of dollars each year going back into your business
• Plus, a one-time $500 cash bonus once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Use Spark Cash across all your business spend, with no categories to limit your purchasing
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• Rewards won't expire for the life of the account, and you can redeem your cash back for any amount
• Get employee cards at no additional cost, and earn rewards from their business spend
With the American Express® Business Gold Card:
• Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
• More Rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month**
• **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
• Airline Bonus: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
• Exclusive Offers: Get up to 1 year free on subscriptions to both G Suite Basic for up to 3 users and ZipRecruiter Standard, a combined value up to $3,200.*
• Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
• Expense Management Tools: Connect to Quickbooks, access SpendManagerSM, receive a Year-End Summary, and more.*
• *Terms Apply
-See Rates & Fees
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|