Find the latest Chase College CheckingSM bonuses and promotional offers here.
The bonus amount for this College Checking account is $100. This account is perfect for college student because the Chase College CheckingSM account gives you fast and convenient access to your money no matter where you are!
Table of Contents
Chase College CheckingSM $100 Bonus
For those going to college, enjoy $100 when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Eligible account: Chase College CheckingSM account
- Credit inquiry: Soft pull, which does not affect your credit
- Where it’s available: Online, Nationwide
Chase College CheckingSM account is a very simple checking account. The student checking account is perfect for students who are looking for a place to store their money. Plus, the low monthly fee isn’t a problem if you can waive it. In fact, you can use this account without paying monthly fees for up to 5 years during your college career!
How To Earn Bonus
- Open a new Chase College CheckingSM account online with a minimum $0 deposit. If you’re opening in-branch, be sure to use the offer page to print out the coupon.
- Complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- Qualifying transactions include: debit card purchases, online bill payments, checks paid, Chase QuickDepositSM, Chase QuickPay®, or direct deposits.
- After you have completed all the above requirements and the 10 qualifying transactions have posted to your account, Chase will deposit the bonus in your new account within 15 business days.
- Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment.
- Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
- No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years if you’re a student between the ages of 17-24 at account opening with proof of student status.
- Use the Chase Mobile® app to securely deposit checks with the snap of a photo.
- Send and receive money in moments using Zelle®
- Students ages 18-24 can open an account online or at a Chase branch. 17-year-olds must open at a Chase branch.
- Chase College CheckingSM: $6 monthly service fee; waived by
- A direct deposit made to this account OR
- A $5,000 average ending day balance in this account OR
- There is no monthly fee for students from the time of account opening until after the student’s expected graduation date (up to five years)
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Coupon is good for one-time use.
- To receive this bonus, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout.
- Eligibility may be limited based on account ownership.
- Qualifying transactions include: debit card purchases, online bill payments, Chase QuickDepositSM, Zelle®, or ACH credits.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
How Do I Apply?
To be eligible for the Chase College Checking account, you’ll need to:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24.
- Be enrolled in a college or university.
- Have a Social Security number or passport for foreign students.
Whether you apply online or in branch, you’ll need to provide the following info to open an account:
- Date of birth
- Government-issued ID
- Social security number — or passport for foreign applicants
- Proof of student status, including your acceptance letter, transcript or student ID.
- Income information
You can open a Chase College Checking account by going online and completing the following requirements:
- Visit the Chase website and click Checking accounts.
- Click Are you a college student?
- Click Open account and fill in your personal information including your name, address and Social Security number.
- Proceed through each step and enter all required information, then click Next.
- Once your application is complete, you’ll need to fund the account.
- After your initial deposit has been made, you can submit your application.
Overall, the Chase College Checking account is a great way to manage your funds while you are still in school.
It is a low cost and low maintenance checking account designed for college students who enjoy the convenience of remote banking.
Chase College Checking℠ is an especially attractive option if you’re planning to do a lot of your banking online or through the Chase Mobile app. Their mobile app puts everything you need to manage your account and finances at your fingertips.
However, if this is not for you, be sure to check out our complete list of Best Bank Bonuses for all your banking needs!
If you would like to learn more about all the latest Chase bonuses, you can check out our updated list of Chase Bank Promotions.
Check back often for new Chase College Checking bonuses, coupons, and offers!
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up To $625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain.