Find the latest Chase College CheckingSM bonuses and promotional offers here.
The bonus amount for this College Checking account is $100. This account is perfect for college student because the Chase College CheckingSM account gives you fast and convenient access to your money no matter where you are!
Being one of the nation’s largest banks, Chase offers a wide selection of banking services available to consumers throughout AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WV.
For more Chase College checking coupons, definitely take a look at our list of Chase Bank offers.
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®SM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|You InvestSM by J.P. Morgan||Up To $625 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Chase College CheckingSM $100 Bonus
For those going to college, enjoy $100 when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- What you’ll get: $100 bonus
- Eligible account: Chase College CheckingSM account
- Credit inquiry: Soft pull, which does not affect your credit
- Where it’s available: Online Nationwide except Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico (Bank Locator)
- How to earn it: Open a new Chase College CheckingSM account. After you have opened an account and complete at least 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- When you’ll receive it: After you have completed all the above requirements and the 10 qualifying transactions have posted to your account, Chase will deposit the bonus into your new account within 10 business days.
- Monthly fee: $6, see below on how to waive
Chase College CheckingSM account is a very simple checking account. The student checking account is perfect for students who are looking for a place to store their money. Plus, the low monthly fee isn’t a problem if you can waive it. In fact, you can use this account without paying monthly fees for up to 5 years during your college career!
The information for the Chase College CheckingSM account has been collected independently by Bankcheckingsavings. The product details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the bank.
How To Earn The $100 Bonus
- Open a new Chase College CheckingSM account online with a minimum $0 deposit. If you’re opening in-branch, be sure to use the offer page to print out the coupon.
- Complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- Qualifying transactions include: debit card purchases, online bill payments, checks paid, Chase QuickDepositSM, Chase QuickPay®, or direct deposits.
- After you have completed all the above requirements and the 10 qualifying transactions have posted to your account, Chase will deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.
- Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening.
- Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and nearly 4,900 branches
- No Monthly Service Fee for up to 5 years if you’re a student between the ages of 17-24 at account opening with proof of student status.
- Deposit checks from virtually anywhere, anytime, just by taking a photo with the Chase Mobile® app.
- Send and receive money in moments using Chase QuickPay® with Zelle®
- Chase College CheckingSM: $6 monthly service fee; waived by
- A direct deposit made to this account OR
- A $5,000 average ending day balance in this account OR
- There is no monthly fee for students from the time of account opening until after the student’s expected graduation date (up to five years)
- College student must be 17 – 24 years old to open a Chase College CheckingSM account and must provide a valid student ID or proof of enrollment/acceptance, college name, and expected graduation date at account opening.
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and its affiliates are not eligible for this offer.
- You can receive only one new checking account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
How Do I Apply?
To be eligible for the Chase College Checking account, you’ll need to:
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24.
- Be enrolled in a college or university.
- Have a Social Security number or passport for foreign students.
Whether you apply online or in branch, you’ll need to provide the following info to open an account:
- Date of birth
- Government-issued ID
- Social security number — or passport for foreign applicants
- Proof of student status, including your acceptance letter, transcript or student ID.
- Income information
You can open a Chase College Checking account by going online and completing the following requirements:
- Visit the Chase website and click Checking accounts.
- Click Are you a college student?
- Click Open account and fill in your personal information including your name, address and Social Security number.
- Proceed through each step and enter all required information, then click Next.
- Once your application is complete, you’ll need to fund the account.
- After your initial deposit has been made, you can submit your application.
Chase College CheckingSM Pros & Cons
- $0 to open
- Monthly Fee can be easily waived (See above)
- Easy-to-Use & Convenient Chase Mobile App & Quickpay with Zelle, featuring:
- Check deposit
- Online billpay
- P2P transactions
- Availability – No Fee to Access Chase ATMs & Chase Branches nationwide
- Checks are not free
- Account holders are charged $15 every five days when they have a negative balance
- International ATM Fee – With the Chase College Checking℠ account, you’ll be stuck with a $5 fee for each withdrawal from a non-Chase ATM internationally. This does not include ATM operators’ fees.
- The Chase College Checking℠ is a non-interest bearing account. If you’re looking to make a bit of money while saving money, we suggest you look elsewhere.
Overall, the Chase College Checking account is a great way to manage your funds while you are still in school. It is a low cost and low maintenance checking account designed for college students who enjoy the convenience of remote banking. Chase College Checking℠ is an especially attractive option if you’re planning to do a lot of your banking online or through the Chase Mobile app. Their mobile app puts everything you need to manage your account and finances at your fingertips.
Although this is a great account , you will not be able to earn interest. If you are looking for an account that will allow your money to grow while you focus on school, you might be better off with a different checking or savings account and be sure to check out our review for Best Bank Rates.
If you are not part of this great financial institution and would like to be, head on over to their website! It takes just minutes to apply online or you can request a coupon code. Then, simply bring the code into your local branch to start your new account today!
However, if this is not for you, be sure to check out our complete list of Best Bank Bonuses for all your banking needs! If you would like to learn more about all the latest Chase bonuses, you can check out our updated list of Chase Bank Promotions.
Check back often for new Chase College Checking bonuses, coupons, and offers!
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank routinely has offers for several of their Personal Checking and Business Checking accounts. They also have a good referral program.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$1,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|BBVA Online Checking||$250 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$700 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|