With the new Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, new applicants can earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
Cardholders can earn 6X points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, 4X points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping, and 2X points on all other purchases.
Take note that this welcome offer isn’t available for those who have had this card or the The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express, along with some other cards.
If you aren’t loyal to Marriott Bonvoy, consider another hotel-branded card or a general travel rewards credit card. If business benefits aren’t important, the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card from Chase might be a good fit and comes with a lower annual fee.
Table of Contents
Marriott Bonvoy Business Amex Card Summary
With the Marriott Bonvoy BusinessTM American Express® Card:
• Earn 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
• 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
• 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping. 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
• Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
• Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status with your Card. Plus, earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Terms apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Earning 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy Business Bonus Points
Take advantage of the Marriott Bonvoy Business card’s introductory offer of 75,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points. Compare this credit card with other offers.
To qualify, you have to charge at least $3,000 to your card within the first 3 months of opening your account.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Earn 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points
The Marriott Bonvoy Business card earns 6 points per dollar spent at over 6,700 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels worldwide.
Made especially for businesses, enjoy earning 4 points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
Finally, enjoy 2 points per dollar on all other purchases. Because this card also comes with Marriott Silver elite status, you’ll receive an additional 10% on hotel stays.
Points don’t expire as long as you make a purchase with your card every 24 months.
Redeem your points for free nights at participating Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, and SPG hotels. Each hotel has categories or tiers, depending on which brand you’re going for. Redemption amounts are subject to change according with hotel policy. On average, a Marriott Bonvoy point is worth $0.009.
If you don’t have enough points to redeem for a full free night, you can use the Cash + Points option. This allows you to combine cash and points to pay for your stay. There are no blackout dates aside from certain high-end resort properties.
You can also transfer points to airline miles. Most of the Marriott Bonvoy airline partners transfer at a 3:1 ratio. You’ll also receive a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points you transfer to those airlines, reducing the ratio to 2.4:1. Transfer times vary.
Here are the current Marriott Bonvoy airline partner programs:
|Air Europa||Air France||Air Tahiti nui|
|Alitalia||China Airlines||China Eastern|
|China Southern||Czech Airlines||Garuda Indonesia|
|GOL||Hawaiian Airlines||Jet Airways|
|Kenya Airways||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Korean Air|
|Mandarin Airlines||Middle East Airlines||Saudia Airlines|
|Shanghai Airlines||Tarom Airlines||Vietnam Airlines|
|Virgin Atlantic||Virgin Australia||WestJet|
Anniversary Free Night
Each year you’re a cardholder in good standing, you get one free hotel night. The free night shows up on your card membership anniversary date and can be redeemed at any time within the following 12 months.
Free nights are good at properties with redemption rates up to 35,000 points per night.
Complementary Silver Elite Status
Automatically enjoy Silver Elite status with the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card. Just remain in good standing to keep it. Normally, this status requires 10 qualifying nights per year.
Silver Elite Status gives you many benefits, including a 20% bonus on all points earned for paid stays. You also receive flexible check-in/check-out hours, a 10% discount on weekend stays and hotel gift shop purchases.
Spend $35,000 in eligible purchases per calendar year to qualify for Gold Elite Status. Gold Elite Status gives you a 25% bonus on all points earned for paid stays, guaranteed lounge access, guaranteed room types, and room upgrades where available.
You’ll also earn qualifying nights toward higher Elite Status levels for paid stays at Marriott properties.
Travel more for free and earn great rewards with the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card. You’ll enjoy other benefits like 15 night elite credit each year, lounge access with complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, and credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck!
The drawback of this card is that it comes with a $125 annual fee (See Rates & Fees). However, you can earn up to $300 in statement credits each year of card membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels. This and the benefits will outweigh the cost of the annual fee. Plus, don’t forget about the Anniversary Free Night. This card is indeed jam-packed with excellent perks.
However, if you’re looking for cash back or cards that earn better rates for your earning purposes, consider other credit card bonuses.
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.
Other Credit Cards To Consider
Top Business Card Competitors:
With the Ink Business Preferred℠ Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Chase Ink Business UnlimitedSM Credit Card:
• This card offers a $500 bonus after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months
• Enjoy earning an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase you make for your business
• Enjoy 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases & get employee cards at no additional cost
• This card also comes with No Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business:
• Earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase
• Plus, a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
• Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards and more
• No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|