However, if you don’t like flying Delta, you may want to look with other business credit cards that offer travel rewards comparable to this card. Nonetheless, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business offers some of the best perks and rewards just for flying with Delta.
Cardholders earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases made directly with Delta. All other purchases earn 1 mile on every $1 spent.
New applicants can earn 35,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months.
For those who know about Delta’s elite status program, this card is very attractive as it comes with a Miles Boost feature. This offers 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 bonus MQMs for spending $25,000 in a calendar year. In addition, cardholder enjoy another 10,000 miles and 10,000 MQMs after spending $50,000 in the same year.
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles card offers a lot of value; however its annual fee is $195. If you take advantage of the annual companion certificate, you’ll likely cover the cost of the card and then some.
Aside from the annual companion certificate, the only other reason to go for this Delta affiliated card is to work towards elite Medallion status tiers. Otherwise, the lower annual fee Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express has the checked bag and priority boarding perks.
Table of Contents
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Summary
Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases. After the introductory 6 months period, the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.99%-26.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors at account opening, and this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate
• Special Offer Expires: 7/02/2019.
• Check your first bag for free and save up to $60 on a round trip Delta flight.
• Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with the American Express Delta Card.
• Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases. Miles don’t expire.
• Terms and limitations apply
• See Rates & Fees
Earning 80,000 Platinum Delta SkyMiles Bonus Points
Take advantage of all the introductory offers for the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business card:
- Receive a $100 statement credit by charging one Delta purchase to your card within the first 3 months of opening your account.
- Earn 80,000 bonus SkyMiles and 5,000 MQMs when you charge at least $6,000 in purchases to your card within your first 3 months.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Earn 2X SkyMiles
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business boasts a straightforward points-earning program. All eligible Delta purchases earn unlimited 2 Delta SkyMiles per $1 spent. These include airfare, in-flight purchases, Sky Club airport lounge passes, and other incidental expenditures.
All other eligible purchases earn an unlimited 1 SkyMile per $1 spent.
Your miles don’t expire as long as your account is open and you’re in good standing.
Redeem your SkyMiles for airfare, gift cards, merchandise, and experiences at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace. Non-airfare redemptions usually offer the lowest value out of your miles, as they’re generally worth less than $0.01 apiece. However, redemptions begin with as little as 2,000 SkyMiles in the MarketPlace.
On average, one Delta SkyMile is worth $0.012. To get the best value for your SkyMiles, use them for award travel with Delta or one of its many partners:
|Air Europa||Air France||Air Tahiti nui|
|Alitalia||China Airlines||China Eastern|
|China Southern||Czech Airlines||Garuda Indonesia|
|GOL||Hawaiian Airlines||Jet Airways|
|Kenya Airways||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Korean Air|
|Mandarin Airlines||Middle East Airlines||Saudia Airlines|
|Shanghai Airlines||Tarom Airlines||Vietnam Airlines|
|Virgin Atlantic||Virgin Australia||WestJet|
Domestic economy one-ways within the U.S. typically require at least 10,000 SkyMiles. However, Delta’s redemption tables are subject to change over time. Longer flights within certain regions and high-demand flights require more SkyMiles. However, SkyMile values fluctuate depending on the route, time of week, time of day, and other factors.
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Cardholder Benefits
Companion Certificate: Receive one domestic Main Cabin roundtrip companion certificate every year when you renew your account. Cross-country flights can be pretty steep these days. So this perk could easily negate the card’s $195 annual fee. Keep in mind, you’ll be responsible for any government-imposed taxes and fees.
Lounge Access: Get an exclusive Delta Sky Club rate of $29 per person per visit. For you and up to 2 guests when traveling on the same Delta flight. These lounges offer a place to work, relax and enjoy complimentary snacks, beverages and WiFi.
Miles Boost: Earn bonus SkyMiles and MQMs when you spend certain amounts in one calendar year.
|Spend Threshold||Bonus SkyMiles||Bonus MQMs|
As an important note, the calendar year for this benefit ends on December 31 regardless of when your card account was opened.
The Amex Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business card also waives the Medallion Qualification Dollar (MQD) requirement for Silver, Gold and Platinum status tiers if you spend at least $25,000 for that year. For Diamond status, you’ll need to spend $250,000 for the year to waive the MQD requirement. Flyers want to earn Medallion status mainly for the unlimited complimentary ticket upgrades. Each Medallion tier also earns more miles and other benefits.
No Foreign Transaction Fees: Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business card.
Delta Airline Benefits
First checked bag free. You, and up to 8 travel companions, get your first checked bag free. One checked bag is up to $30 a pop, one-way. So the maximum you could be saving with this perk is $540 (for 9 people) on a roundtrip flight.
Main Cabin 1 priority boarding. This means getting on the plane earlier and having first dibs on overhead bin space for your hand luggage.
Inflight discount. Receive a 20% savings in the form of statement credit on eligible pre-purchased meals and inflight food, alcoholic beverages and headset purchases.
Delta Medallion Program
The most generous benefits of the Delta Reserve for Business come from the Delta Medallion status program. This boasts a variety of perks designed to increase comfort and convenience for frequent Delta flyers. These include accelerated MQM and SkyMiles earnings, complimentary preferred seating and class upgrades, priority boarding, waived baggage fees, and more.
There are four tiers to this program: Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. As you go up, the benefits get better. For example, the highest tier, Diamond status, includes two Global Entry application vouchers, complimentary Sky Club membership, Medallion status gifting privileges, and more.
To reach each status level, you need a combination of Medallion Qualification Miles (actual flight miles calculated as a multiple of total flight distance) or Medallion Qualification Segments (any Delta flight segment) and Medallion Qualification Dollars (base fares, surcharges, and certain upgrades, not including taxes or fees) within a calendar year.
After you reach a Medallion status threshold, you hold that status for the remainder of the current year and the entire following year. The status thresholds are:
- Silver Medallion Status: 25,000 MQMs or 30 MQSs and $3,000 MQDs
- Gold Medallion Status: 50,000 MQMs or 60 MQSs and $6,000 MQDs
- Platinum Medallion Status: 75,000 MQMs or 100 MQSs and $9,000 MQDs
- Diamond Medallion Status: 125,000 MQMs or 140 MQSs and $15,000 MQDs
Those in favor of Delta Airlines should take advantage of earning and redeeming SkyMiles with the American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Card. Though it comes with a $195 annual fee that isn’t waived the first year (See Rates & Fees), you earn plenty of benefits in return.
The ability to fast-track to Delta elite status is where this card shines. In addition, the annual companion certificate you receive is also very valuable and this can help offset your card’s high annual fee.
However, if you can’t see yourself using these benefits or flying Delta, you can check out other credit card promotions that may better suit your needs.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Other Credit Cards To Consider
With the Ink Business Preferred℠ Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business:
• Earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase
• Plus, a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
• Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards and more
• No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
With the American Express® Business Gold Card:
• Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.*
• More Rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month**
• **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
• Airline Bonus: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
• Exclusive Offers: Get up to 1 year free on subscriptions to both G Suite Basic for up to 3 users and ZipRecruiter Standard, a combined value up to $3,200.*
• Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
• Expense Management Tools: Connect to Quickbooks, access SpendManagerSM, receive a Year-End Summary, and more.*
• *Terms Apply
-See Rates & Fees
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|