– by Anthony Nguyen
With hundreds of bank reviews on BankCheckingSavings, we recommend Chase as the #1 Bank for our Editor’s Choice Best Checking & Savings Accounts! Making this decision wasn’t too difficult because Chase consistently offers high value bonus coupons along with quality bank accounts. On top of this, the bank allows you to use several methods to avoid monthly fees. If you’re looking for convenience in a bank, you should keep in mind that Chase has about 16,000 ATMs and 5,200 branches. Don’t have time to transfer money or deposit a check at the bank? Just log into the Chase mobile app and use QuickPaySM or QuickDepositSM. The team at Chase seems to do everything they can to make banking more enjoyable, accessible, and affordable- that’s why Chase is the Editor’s Choice for Best Checking & Savings Accounts.
If you’re interested, the Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM accounts are a good starting point with Chase. You can even receive $350 bonus coupons for opening the accounts. For the $200 checking bonus, you just need to open an account and set up direct deposit. The $150 savings bonus is awarded after you open a new account and deposit a total of $10,000 or more within 10 business days. If you maintain that $10,000+ balance for 90 days, you will receive $100 within 10 business days.
For those of you looking for a more premium account, sign up for the Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account to earn a $300 Bonus. Once you deposit $25 or more at account opening and set a direct deposit to your Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Account within 60 days of account opening, your bonus will be deposited within 10 business days.
Chase Total Checking® Account + Chase SavingsSM Account Features:
- Get up to $350 when you open a Chase Total Checking® account with Direct Deposit and/or open a Chase Savings(SM) account, deposit $10,000 or more in new money and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
- Get a $200 bonus when you open a Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit
- Get a $150 bonus when you open a Chase Savings(SM) account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 10 days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days
- Access 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,200 branches
- Chase QuickDeposit(SM) lets you deposit checks almost anytime, anywhere with the ease of taking a picture. Just point, snap, and deposit.
Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Features:
- Get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit
- Access 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,200 branches
- Enjoy the convenience and ease of a Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account
- Chase QuickDepositSM lets you deposit checks almost anytime, anywhere with the ease of taking a picture. Just point, snap, and deposit.
- Chase QuickPaySM lets you pay people without cash or checks. Use it to send money to virtually anyone who has an email address or mobile number.
- Earns interest
- No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions
How to Avoid The Fees:
Avoid $12 fee for Chase Total Checking® by completing at least one of the following:
- Have monthly direct deposits totaling at least $500 made to the checking account
- Maintain a daily balance of at least $1,500 in Chase Total Checking® account
- Maintain a daily balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balance
Avoid $5 fee for Chase Savings(SM) by completing at least one of the following:
- Keep a minimum daily balance of $300 or more in your savings account
- Have at least one repeating automatic transfer from your Chase checking account of $25 or more
- Have a linked Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM, Chase Premier Platinum CheckingSM, or Chase Private Client CheckingSM account
Avoid $25 fee for Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM by completing at least one of the following:
- Keep an average daily balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances
- Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- Checking offer is not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- You can receive only one new checking and one savings account opening related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- Fees may reduce earnings on the account
- If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing
Chase is a great bank that provides its customers with great bonuses, accounts, and services. If you want access to convenient banks and ATMs as well as some of the best online and mobile banking capabilities, sign up for a new Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM account!