For residents nationwide, HSBC Bank is currently offering a generous 2.25% APY Rate when you open a new HSBC Direct Savings account and meet certain requirements.
To get this rate, you must deposit a minimum balance of at least $1. Your initial funding deposit must be new money, which are deposits and investments not previously held by HSBC.
This account is online-only. Thus, you must do your banking online, have e-statements, and talk to customer service over the phone.
Enjoy no hidden fees and 24/7 online account access, Live Chat assistance, and more with this account. Read more below!
HSBC Direct Savings Summary
With the HSBC Direct Savings Account:
• Earn 2.25% APY on all balance tiers
• No monthly maintenance fee
• Minimum balance to earn APY is $1
• Apply online today
• Move money quickly and access your funds using online transfers
• Depositing checks is as simple as taking a picture with your mobile device using HSBC Mobile Banking
• Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC.
HSBC Direct Savings Account Information
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: HSBC Direct Savings
- Availability: Nationwide (Online Only)
- Expiration Date: None
- Credit Inquiry: Soft Pull
- Credit Card Funding: None
- Direct Deposit Requirement: None
- Avoid Monthly Fee: No monthly fee
- Early Termination Fee: $25
How To Receive Bonus
- Click “Get Started” to open a Direct Savings account with HSBC.
- Input your info.
- Provide your name, address, phone, email and social security number or Tax ID.
- Maintain a balance of $1 to earn the APY Rate.
|Balance Requirement||APY Rate|
|$1 or more||2.25% APY|
What You Need To Apply
You must be 18 years of age and have a Social Security Number
Current U.S. residential address and a U.S. residential address for the past three years
Valid U.S. ID (driver’s license, non-driver identification card, learner permit), passport or Permanent Residential Card/Green Card
Account information for funding your new account
How To Waive Fees
- Direct Savings: No monthly fees.
Start growing your savings with HSBC Bank! HSBC is currently offering a generous and competitive APY rate along with their Direct Savings account.
All you need is at least $1 in new money to get started. Once your account is set up, you can enjoy a high APY rate and great account features. In addition, the HSBC Direct Savings account is FDIC insured, up to the maximum legal amount.
Unfortunately, there is one major downside of having this account. You wont’t get an ATM or debit card with it. Thus, you must do all your banking online or through another HSBC account. If this is the only account you have with HSBC, you must access your funds online or through the mobile app.
Disclaimer: Deposit products are offered in the U.S. by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Member FDIC. The information, including rates and fees, presented in the review is accurate as of the date of the review. Please refer to issuer website and application for the most current information. We may be paid for the content on this site.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Choice Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Premier CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|