Having a business checking account is absolutely vital for anyone starting a business. Not only do you want to have the ability to take control of your own account, but having access to your records and finances are definitely essential parts into creating a successful business.
However, all business owners would know how quickly small fees associated with your current banking solution can add up. It can become quite a hassle spending countless hours researching trying to find the best business checking solutions. To relieve your stress, we have come up with a list of Best Free Checking Accounts that are currently on the market! Features associated with free business checking accounts are often designed to better both you business and personal finances. With that said, continue reading below for detailed information on which accounts to choose!
|Best Bank Account Bonuses||Best Free Personal Checking Accounts|
|Best Savings & Money Market Rates||Best Free Business Checking Accounts|
|Best CD Account Rates||Best Student Checking Accounts|
Best Free Business Checking Accounts
Chase Total Business Checking®
- Account Type: Chase Total Business Checking®
- Monthly Fee:
- Chase Total Business Checking®: Monthly Service Fee $12 when you are enrolled in Paperless Statements (or $15 for paper statements); waived when you maintain a $1,500 minimum daily balance OR You maintain a linked Chase Private Client CheckingSM or Chase Sapphire® Checking personal account
- Transactions Limit: 100 transactions per month without a fee, plus unlimited electronic deposits (excluding wires)
- Cash Deposit Limit: $5,000 monthly
The Chase Total Business Checking® is designed and catered towards growing businesses who are able to stay under the 100 monthly transactions limits as well as the $5,000 monthly cash deposit limit.
If you are able to stay with the requirements that comes with this account, you not only get access to arguably one of the best business accounts available, but you will have access to more than 5,100 branches and 16,000 ATMs nationwide! In addition to the account, Chase understands the features business owners look for. That is why everything from Chase OnlineSM Banking and Chase Mobile® Banking to Chase Business Debit, Deposit and ATM cards are all available at the owner’s disposal!
There is no surprise as to why so many businesses across the nation trusts Chase Total Business Checking® as their main financial tool for bettering and taking charge of their business!
If you would like to know more about this promotion and how to qualify, then head on over to our Chase Business Checking Review!
Huntington Bank’s Unlimited Plus Business Checking
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking Account
• Earn $500 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Plus Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $20,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $500 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
• Enjoy overdraft protection with no annual fee or deposit-to-deposit overdraft protection with no transfer fee!
• Bonus Service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®
• Ideal for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
- Account Type: Unlimited Plus Business Checking
- Monthly Fee: $40, waived with $50,000 in combined deposit relationship balances
- Transactions Limit: Unlimited Transactions.
- Cash Deposit Limit: Up to $25,000 in cash or currency deposits monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
The Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking, formerly known as the Accelerated Business, is ideal to business owners who operates at a higher volume in terms of monthly transactions and sales. With the Unlimited Plus, business owners have access to a range of management features such as unlimited transactions, interest bearing, overdraft protection and so much more.
This account does come with a $40 monthly fee. With that said, the way this account is designed, business owners who operates at such scale will definitely benefit from the wide selection of financial services that this account has to offer.
However, do note that this account is only available to business owners residing in the following states: IN, KY, MI, OH, PA, WV, IL, & WI (Bank Locator).
If you would like to know more about this account and how to get your bonus, check out our Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking Review!
Huntington Bank’s Unlimited Business Checking
• Open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Account
• Earn $400 bonus when you open a Huntington Unlimited Business Checking account and make total deposits of at least $5,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $400 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
• Get Overdraft Protection Account with no annual fee, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Enjoy unlimited transactions. And up to $10,000 in cash or currency deposits monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Designed for businesses with higher checking activity and greater cash flow needs.
• Bonus service. Choose one bonus service such as fraud tools, discounts on payroll services, or Huntington Deposit Scan®.
- Account Type: Unlimited Business Checking
- Monthly Fee: $20, Waived with $10,000 in combined deposit relationship balances
- Transaction Limit: Unlimited Transactions
- Cash Deposit Limit: Up to $10,000 in cash or currency deposits monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
The Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking, formerly known as the Fast Track Business, is designed for those with a growing business who needs the flexibility when it comes to deposit limits. Not only are you able to avoid the $20 monthly fee with a $10,000 combined deposit balance, but you will be able to gain access to features such as overdraft protection, free online statements as well as optional fraud prevention services.
With a new business account, safety and full access to your account is key. Huntington Bank understands that, that is why with this account, you will be able to take advantage of all the convenient features the bank has to offer as well as having access to 1,004 branch locations nationwide.
For those who are interested, Huntington Bank Unlimited Business is available in IN, KY, MI, OH, PA, WV, IL, & WI (Bank Locator).
If you would like to know more about this account and how to obtain your attractive bonus, head on over to our extensive Huntington Unlimited Business Checking Review!
Huntington Bank’s Business Checking 100
• Open your Huntington Business Checking 100 Account today!
• Earn $200 bonus when you open a Huntington Business 100 Checking account and make total deposits of at least $2,000 within 60 days of account opening.
• The $200 bonus will be deposited into your account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
• Overdraft Protection Line of Credit available, or Deposit-to-Deposit Overdraft Protection with no transfer fee.
• Do business without a minimum checking account balance fee or maintenance fee.
• No monthly maintenance fee applies to this account.
• Enjoy up to 100 monthly transactions. And deposit up to $5,000 in cash or currency monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
• Ideal for start-ups and small businesses with lower balances and checking activity.
• Bonus Service Trial. Free 120-day trial of a fraud tool: Reverse Positive Pay.
- Account Type: Business Checking 100
- Monthly Fee: None, however there is a $3.00 mailed statement service fee that can be waived when you choose free e-statements.
- Transaction Limit: Up to 100 monthly transactions
- Cash Deposit Limit: Up to $5,000 in cash or currency monthly in-branch or at an ATM at no charge.
If you are looking to start up your own business or in the midst of developing your small business, then Huntington Bank’s Business Checking 100 is the one for you. Formerly known as the Community Business Checking Account, this revamped account allows business owners access to simple banking tools such as a free 120-day trial of fraud tools as well as your normal banking features such as access to in branch locations and ATMs nationwide.
Although there are no monthly fees associated with the Business Checking 100, do note that there is a $3.00 statement service fee. For those starting a business but do not meet the transactions and cash deposit limits that comes with either the Unlimited or Unlimited Plus, then this account is the one for you!
This account is available for those in IN, KY, MI, OH, PA, WV, IL, & WI (Bank Locator).
If you would like to know more about this account and how to obtain your attractive bonus, head on over to our extensive Huntington Business 100 Checking Review!
Citizens Bank Clearly Better Checking
- Account Type: Clearly Better Checking Account
- Monthly Fee: None
- Transaction Limit: Up to 200 check transactions per statement period at no charge, 50¢ per additional.
- Cash Deposit Limit: Any amount to open an account
The Clearly Better Checking Account offers a rather impressive range of features such as no minimum account balance, no minimum opening deposit as well as 200 free transactions per month. This account allows small business owners to take charge of their businesses without having to worry about meeting the transaction or cash deposit limits.
However, do note that this account is only available to business owners in NY and NJ (Bank Locator).
To learn more about the Clearly Better Checking Account as well as other promotions, check out list post over Citizens Bank Bonuses.
U.S. Bank Business Checking
- Account Type: Silver, Gold or Platinum Checking
- Monthly Fee: $0-$25, when waiver options are met.
- Transaction Limit: 150 free combined transactions per month.
- Cash Deposit Limit: 25 free cash deposit units per month
U.S. Bank’s Silver, Gold or Platinum Checking offers business owners to take advantage of their finances while giving you the option to choose a package that is better suited for your business needs. Similar to other large financial institutions such as Huntington Bank or BBVA Compass, you are able to select an account that will meet your transaction and cash deposit limit needs.
For those opting with Gold or Platinum, all you would have to do is meet the waiver requirements to avoid the monthly fees! Best of all, U.S. Bank is available to business owners across the nation (Branch Locator).
For more information regarding current promotions, be sure to check out our review over U.S. Bank Bonuses!
IBERIA Free Business Checking
- Account Type: Free Business Checking
- Monthly Fee: None
- Transaction Limit: Up to 500 transaction items per statement cycle
- Cash Deposit Limit: $10,000 per statement cycle
Designed with small businesses in mind, IBERIA bank’s free business checking account offers business owners everything you would need for daily money management. Additionally, the account will come with a wide range of services, waivers and discounts to better your business for the future! You will also be able to enjoy no minimum balance or monthly service charge.
In addition to the business account, owners can also enjoy up to two free personal checking accounts. If one day you outgrow your account, there are four other accounts for you to take advantage of as well!
Axos Bank Basic Business Checking
- Account Type: Basic Business Checking
- Monthly Fee: None
- Deposit Limit: Up to 200 free items (debits, credits, or deposited items) per month, $.30 per item thereafter
Similar to Discover Bank or CIT Bank, Axos Bank, formerly known as Bank of Internet allows business owners to open an account online. Through the Basic Business Checking Account, business owners are able to take advantage of their business through a modest checking solution offering great features such as no monthly maintenance fees, a low minimum deposit requirement, and unlimited domestic ATM fee reimbursements.
Because Internet Bank is online, you are able to access your money anytime, anywhere. If you decide that your business has outgrown the basic business checking, you can choose to upgrade to the Business Interest or Analyzed Business Checking Accounts. However, do note that those two accounts do have monthly fees associated.
Citibank CitiBusiness® Streamlined Checking Account
- Account Type: CitiBusiness® Streamlined Checking Account
- Monthly Fee: $15 waived with minimum average monthly balance of $5,000.
- Transaction Limit: 250 monthly transactions
- Cash Deposit Limit: vary depending on state
CitiBusiness® Streamlined Checking Account allows business owners of smaller businesses and firms to process up to 250 free transactions per month with a fee for additional transactions billed at $0.30 each. In addition to the account, you will have access to features such as no withdrawal fees at Citibank ATMs as well as being FDIC insured (up to $250,000 per depositor)
This account is available for those in CA, CT, D.C., FL, IL, MD, NJ, NV, NY, VA (Bank Locator).
If you would like to learn more about other promotions from CitiBank, be sure to check out our list of CitiBank Bonuses!
Capital One Spark Business Basic Checking
- Account Type: Spark Business Basic Checking
- Monthly Fee: $15 monthly fee waived with $2,000 minimum 30- or 90-day average balance
- Transaction Limit: Unlimited business transactions
- Cash Deposit Limit: Deposit up to $5,000 in cash each month with no fee; $1 for every $1,000 deposited after that
Capital One Business accounts are great for business owners who process a high volume of transactions while handling a larger cash flow. Similar to Huntington Bank‘s Unlimited and Unlimited Plus, business owners can take advantage of unlimited monthly transactions as well as your everyday features such as online and mobile banking as well as mobile deposits and bill pay.
Best of all, Capital One is available to business owners across the nation! (Branch Locator)
Capital One currently offers a wide range of promotions on accounts. To learn more, be sure to check out our review over Capital One Bonuses!
Free small business checking accounts are definitely the ideal choice for small and growing businesses. When establishing a business, avoiding unwanted fees and having an account with the perfect amount of transaction and deposit limits are definitely things you would want to consider when opening a new business checking account. While it is nice to have an account with no monthly fees and basic convenient features, don’t let that be the only determining factor when it comes to your business.
If your business or firm currently outgrows the needs of free basic account features, then definitely check out other great current account promotions such as Investors Bank or even PNC Bank! Large financial institutions such as Wells Fargo Bank, Santander Bank and Bank of America also offers great selections for you to choose from.
For those looking to open a new personal checking account in connection to your business account, definitely check out our list of Bank Bonuses for all your banking needs. Additionally, you can also check out our Referral Bonuses, Bank Rates as well as our CD Rates!
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
With the Chase Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card:
• This card offers a $500 bonus after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months.
• 5% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at office supply stores, on internet, cable & phone services for every account anniversary year (combined purchases)
• 2% cash back on the first $25,000 spent at gas stations & restaurants for every account anniversary year (combined purchases); 1% on all other purchases with no limit
• Enjoy 0% introductory APR for 12 months on purchases
• This card has No Annual Fee
Learn More About This Card