US Bank credit cards are currently available on the Visa and American Express card networks.
For those planning to apply for an American Express co-branded card, you may want to carry a Visa or Mastercard with you. American Express credit cards are less commonly accepted overseas, but places accepting American Express cards are slowly growing.
Enjoy this complete list of all US Bank credit card bonuses to help you choose the best signup bonuses and benefits. Click on the “Review” of each of these cards for all advantages and disadvantages before applying.
Things You Should Know About US Bank
US Bank isn’t necessarily known for their credit card sign-up bonuses. However, when it comes to their credit card perks and offers, they may be worth taking a look at. Before checking out US Banks credit cards, I definitely recommend giving this list a run-down!
- Freeze your SageStream & ARS credit reports before applying for any US Bank credit cards. US Bank checks these reports, but they don’t help you at all. Instead, it’s another reason for them to deny you. If you’re applying for a US Bank checking account, you’ll need to unfreeze these reports. You don’t need to freeze those credit reports for in-branch promotional bonuses.
- US Bank merges multiple inquiries within the same day into a single hard pull.
- There is no maximum amount of US Bank credit cards you can hold. Though, it’s more difficult to get approved if you have many cards with them.
- Minimum spending requirement starts as soon as your card is approved. Only primary card (not authorized user) spending counts for minimum spending requirements.
- You can view your pre-approved offers online.
- It’s not possible to change your product brands. However, you can downgrade to the US Bank Cash+ card to earn 5% back on your choice category.
- They do match-ups when it comes to increases in sign-up bonuses. If you see a higher sign-up offer for the same card, chances are, you could be matched up if there hasn’t been too much time in between applications and when you make the request.
- Credit utilization is based on what is listed on the first of each month. This is useful if you need to reduce your credit utilization for FICO scores.
- Your statement closing date can be changed. You may want to change it to just before then end of the month to show a low balance, as recommended above.
- A different credit report won’t be pulled if the one US Bank wants to use is frozen. You can’t give them a PIN to access a frozen report.
- If US Bank denies you for a credit card, call for reconsideration. US Bank may approve you after they ask some basic questions. Make sure you have a valid reason for wanting the card, for example, a unique feature that the card offers. In addition, know your credit score and report, as different cards require different scores.
- US Bank will usually do a soft pull for credit limits when you use an online form or do it over the phone.
- If US Bank increases the sign-up bonus of one of their cards you’ve recently applied for, they can match it.
- When claiming retention, the annual fee on FlexPerks cards will usually be waived. They give enough you points to offset the annual fee. You could pay the fee in cash and use the points to get travel redemption options.
- US Bank doesn’t report business credit cards to the personal credit bureaus. This is useful for keeping your credit report cleaner.
- If you cancel your card within 30 days of the annual fee posting, they’ll refund it for you. This is useful if you forget to cancel the card before the annual fee hits.
- US Bank will waive fees on their checking if you have a credit card from them. Personal credit cards will waive the fees on personal accounts and business credit cards will waive the fee on business accounts.
- Application statuses can’t be checked online. Instead, you have to call them at (800) 947-1444.
- Sign up bonuses aren’t paid out early. Apply with plenty of time before wanting to redeem points/miles.
- US Bank does have a referral program. You can refer a friend to one of their cards to earn a bonus of up to 10,000 points per referral.
- If you have auto-pay set up, US Bank will pay the full statement balance if you make a partial payment.
Best US Bank Credit Card Bonuses
|U.S. Bank Cards||Promotion/Key Features||Spending Requirement/Terms||Annual Fee||Review|
|US Bank Altitude Reserve VISA Infinite Card||50K Points||$4,500 in 90 days||$400||Review|
|U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Gold American Express® Card||30K Points||$2,000 in 4 months||$85||Review|
|U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Travel Rewards Visa Signature® Card||25K Points||$2,000 in 4 months||$0 for 1st year, then $49||Review|
|SKYPASS Visa Signature® Card||30K Miles||$3,000 in 90 days||$80||Review|
|U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card||10K Points||$1,000 in 4 months||$0||Review|
|SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa® Card||30K Miles||$3,000 in 90 days||$0||Review|
|SKYPASS Visa Classic® Card||30K Miles||$3,000 in 90 days||$50||Review|
|SKYPASS Visa® Secured Card||30K Miles||$3,000 in 90 days||$50||Review|
|REI MasterCard®||$100 REI gift card||Make one purchase||$0||Review|
|U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card||$150||$500 in 90 days||$0||Review|
|U.S. Bank Visa® Platinum Card||15 Months 0% APR on Purchases & Transfers||Balance transfer fee of 3% ($5 minimum)||$0||Review|
|Harley-Davidson® Visa Signature® Card||$150 Harley-Davidson gift card||$500 in 60 days||$0||Review|
|U.S. Bank Cash 365(TM) American Express® Card||$150||$500 in 90 days||$0||Review|
|U.S. Bank Secured Visa® Card||Build credit||Security deposit required||$29||Review|
|U.S Bank Business Cards|
|Club CarlsonSM Business Rewards Visa Card||85K Points||Make one purchase + $2,500 in 90 days||$60||Review|
|U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card||20K Points||$1,000 in 90 days||$0||Review|
|SKYPASS Visa® Business Card||30K Miles||$3,000 in 90 days||$95||Review|
|U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Cash Rewards Card||$200||$1,000 in 90 days||$0||Review|
|U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Platinum||12 Months 0% APR on Purchases & Transfers||Balance transfer fee of 3%($5 minimum) first 30 days||$0||Review|
More Credit Card Bonuses
Didn’t find any US Bank credit card bonuses you liked from this list? See our list of the best credit card promotions and their respective reviews to find the best one that suits your needs, here on BankCheckingSavings. In addition, if you’re interested in opening a new checking and/or savings account, you can find a collection of our best bank bonuses with some of our helpful guides listed on there if you need any additional information!
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$1,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|BBVA Online Checking||$250 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$700 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|