Discover has launched their 5% cash back category for the fourth quarter between October through December.
Be sure to activate/register to earn 5% cash back on the categories for this quarter, capped at $1,500 in spend. This is a great way to earn increased cash back on every day purchases and save while you spend!
(Learn more at Discover)
Discover Fourth Quarter 5% Cashback Categories
Fourth Quarter Cash Back Categories: Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and Target.com.
Terms: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com from 10/1/21 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 12/31/21, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, including digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace. Purchases also include those made in-store at Amazon Go, Amazon Bookstore, and Amazon 4-Star. The Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are trademarks of Amazon or its Affiliates. Walmart.com purchases include only those made at Walmart.com and when shopping through the Walmart app (including Grocery Pick Up and Delivery). Purchases made through affiliates of Walmart.com are not part of this promotion. The Walmart.com logo is a registered trademark of Walmart Inc. Target.com purchases include only purchases made online at Target.com or through the Target app. Purchases made through affiliates of Target.com are not part of this promotion, including, but not limited to, targetoptical.com and targetphoto.com. Target and the Bullseye Design are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
(Learn more at Discover)
Discover 5% Cash Back Categories Overview
Below are the cash back categories for 2021:
- January-March 2021: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2021)
- April-June 2021: Gas Stations, Wholesale Clubs and Select Streaming Services (Activation begins 2/1/2021)
- July-September 2021: Restaurants and PayPal (Activation begins 5/1/2021)
- October-December 2021: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com (Activation begins 8/1/2021)
Below are 2020’s cash back categories:
- January-March 2020: Grocery Stores, Walgreens and CVS (Ends 3/31/2020)
- April-June 2020: Gas Stations, Uber, Lyft and Wholesale Clubs (Activation begins 2/1/2020)
- July-September 2020: Restaurants and Paypal (Activation begins 5/1/2020)
- October-December 2020: Amazon.com, Walmart.com and Target.com AND Best Buy (11/25/2020 through 12/31/2020) (Activation begins 8/1/2020)
How To Earn Discover It Fourth Quarter 5% Cash Back
- Apply for the Discover It Card if you haven’t already.
- Log into your Discover Account.
- Register and spend for the 5% category.
- Once registration is complete, you’ll receive 5% on the applicable categories.
Taking advantage of 5% cash back categories can be a great way to make money and save money on your purchases. Although spending is capped at $1,500 per quarter, you’ll still have the opportunity to earn up to $75 per month.
This can surely go a long way. Now if this card isn’t of interest to you, we suggest checking out more credit card offers or comparing the Discover credit card with other 5% cards like the Chase Freedom Flex or ABOC Platinum.
(Learn more at Discover)
View other Discover Cash Back Categories:
- Discover It First Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Second Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
- Discover It Third Quarter 5% Cash Back Categories
Alternative 5% Cards to Consider
The Chase Freedom FlexSM offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card offers $150 Statement Credit after you spend $1,200 on purchases within the first 90 days from account opening.
You'll earn 5x rewards on up to $1,500 in combined purchases each quarter in popular categories such as dining, groceries, travel, and automotive. Earn Points on Every Purchase! It’s simple: $1 = 1 Point.
This card has no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SavingsSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|BBVA Online Checking + Savings||$250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|Axos Bank Basic Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up to $3,500 Cash||Review|