Bankcheckingsavings has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Bankcheckingsavings and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Enjoy earning rewards for travelling with Southwest Airlines using the new Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card.
With this card, you can earn 80,000 Bonus Points after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Cardholders earn 3X points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines purchases. Then, earn 2X points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising, Internet, cable and phone services as well as 1X point on all other purchases.
For those who frequently fly, especially on Southwest Airlines, this is a great travel rewards card.
Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card Summary
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card from Chase has an offer for 80,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months.
This card earns 3X points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines® purchases. 2X points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising, Internet, cable and phone services and 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
In addition, you can score 9,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary, get 4 upgraded boarding passes per year, and more!
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card earns 3 points for every $1 spent on your Southwest Airlines purchases.
You will also have he ability to earn 2x points on social media and search engine advertising, internet, cable, and phone services.
All other purchases earn an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent.
Points don’t expire as long as you make a purchase with your card every 24 months.
Although this wouldn’t be the best card to use on everyday purchases, the real goal of having this card would be the Companion Pass that Southwest Airlines offers.
The bonus points itself is worth nearly $1,000, so all of that can be used towards ticket purchases and other Southwest Airlines purchases.
Redemption values vary based on whichever flight class you decide to purchase but if you decide to take advantage of the Wanna Get Away fares (which are the best value by far), then your points could be worth up to 1.3 cents per Rapid Rewards point.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card entitles you to a number of travel benefits like an anniversary bonus, upgraded flights, inflight wifi, and pre-flight checks. As long as you’re a cardholder in good-standing, you’ll receive:
- 9,000 bonus points on your anniversary
- Simply by having the Performance Card you’ll receive 9,000 Rapid Rewards points on your account anniversary every year. As I said above, Southwest points get you around 1.3 cents of value per point, so that’s the equivalent of up to $120 in airfare.
- Four upgraded boardings per year
- Just for having the Performance Card you get four upgraded boardings per anniversary year, when available.You’ll be reimbursed for the purchase of up to four upgraded boardings in positions A1-15. This can be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel. You can use this on four different occasions, or if you prefer you can use them on a single flight (if you’re traveling with three others).It can take up to eight weeks for these to be reimbursed, though typically you’ll find it posts faster than that.The price of upgraded boardings varies by flight, so it’s hard to put a dollar value on this benefit.
- Incredible inflight wifi benefit
- This card has a pretty incredible wifi benefit. Southwest Airlines charges $8 per device for wifi access, and for having the Performance Card you get an $8 credit daily. So if you fly Southwest every single day you could get this credit up to 365 days per year.Just charge the fee to your card, and a statement credit will automatically post. This is a huge value.
- Global Entry or TSA Pre-Check credits
- For having the Performance Card you receive a credit of up to $100 towards TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry. You can take advantage of this benefit once every four years.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Credit Card from Chase features a nice welcome offer with generous point values. You have the freedom to redeem your points for possibly a free flight as well as getting close to their Companion Pass, which is the holy grail of travelling bonuses. It’s an excellent airlines rewards card for those who frequent Southwest Airlines.
This card comes with a relatively steep annual fee of $199, but the benefits it offers easily outweighs its cost.
However, this card is subject to Chase’s 5/24 rule. If you’ve opened more than five credit cards (from any bank, not just Chase) in the past 24 months, you probably won’t be approved for this one. For other airlines or cash back options, check out our list of credit card bonuses!
Learn more about this card and its features here.