Available nationwide, Discover Bank is now offering Certificates of Deposits (CDs) with rates up to 1.15% APY. Find the latest Discover Bank CD Rates below.
You’ll find the best Discover Bank CD rates below from 3-month to 120-month term. Keep in mind that you’d need at least $2,500 to open your account and lock in your rate.You can open a CD for a variety of ownership types such as Individual, Trust, Custodial, Guardian and Estates.
Discover Bank has been a top competitor card-issuer for quite some time now. What you may not know is that they’re also revered for their exceptional CD accounts and rates online. Their 12-months to 10 years CD Rates are always consistently competitive giving the consumers the ability to earn even higher interest returns with flexible terms.
If you are interested in opening a new account, be sure to apply as soon as you can or check out our list of Discover Bank offers! In addition, you can also check out other great promotions from banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, TD Bank, BBVA or CIT Bank.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||1.01% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank CD||Up to 1.15% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank Money Market||Up to 0.90% APY||Review|
|Discover Bank IRA CD||Up to 1.15% APY||Review|
Discover Certificate of Deposit Account Summary
Discover Bank currently offers rates up to 1.15% APY. Discover Bank has always been one of the best places to open a CD account online. Their CD rates have consistently been very competitive for 12-month CDs, all the way up to 10-year CDs.
- What you’ll get: Up to 1.15% APY Rate
- Eligible account: Discover Certificate of Deposit Account
- Credit inquiry: Soft pull, which does not affect your credit
- Where it’s available: Online Nationwide
- How to earn it: Open a new Certificate of Deposit Account online and fund your account by making a minimum opening deposit of $2,500. Select your term and earn the corresponding APY Rate.
- Opening Deposit: $2,500 minimum
- When you’ll receive it: None Listed
- Monthly fee: There are no monthly fees with this account
(No Expiration Date Listed)
Discover CD Rates
|CD Term||APY Rate|
|3-Month Term||0.25% APY|
|6-Month Term||0.45% APY|
|9-Month Term||0.55% APY|
|12-Month Term||0.90% APY|
|18-Month Term||0.90% APY|
|24-Month Term||1.01% APY|
|30-Month Term||1.05% APY|
|3-Year Term||1.05% APY|
|4-Year Term||1.10% APY|
|5-Year Term||1.15% APY|
|7-Year Term||1.15% APY|
|10-Year Term||1.15% APY|
Discover CD Features
- No monthly fees
- Minimum balance requirement of just $2,500
- Flexible terms: 3 months to 10 years
- One of the highest rates available nationwide for a 10-Year term
- Daily compounded interest rate and credited monthly
- FDIC insured of up to $250,000
How To Fund Discover CD
- Online transfer from an eligible Discover Bank Account or an external bank account
- Phone Transfers (available for initial funding only)
- Mail a check that includes your CD Account number, made payable to you to:
- Discover Bank
PO Box 30417
Salt Lake City, UT 84130
- Discover Bank
Discover Certificate of Deposit Pros and Cons
- No fees
- Numerous terms to choose from
- Daily interest calculation
- Competitive rates
- Multiple funding options
- Low withdrawal fees
- No branches – Discover operates entirely online, so you can’t visit a branch for questions or assistance.
- No partial withdrawals
- High minimum deposit – Unlike some other CDs, you’ll need a deposit of at least $2,500 to open a Discover Bank CD.
If you’re currently looking for a long term investment offer topping at 10 years then you should consider checking out a Discover CD account. With a competitive rate given to you in up to a 10-year’s term, this is quite the generous interest rate that could potentially earn you an exceptional amount of money on your deposit balance.
With Discover Bank, there’s a variety of length of CD accounts to choose from with different rates for each. Plus, you’ll receive flexible terms and convenient ways to transfer your money as well. There is a fee if you withdraw before the maturity date of 9 day grace period. Keep in mind that your account will automatically renew upon maturity.
Be sure you check out our complete list of the Best CD Rates to satisfy all your banking needs!
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank routinely has offers for several of their Personal Checking and Business Checking accounts. They also have a good referral program.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||Up To $240||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||1.00% APY||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||0.95% APY||Review|