The Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express features great benefits all-around created for those who like staying at Hilton properties. It charges a $95 annual fee, but users can score a free weekend night award and complementary Gold status.
New applicants can earn 125,000 bonus points after you use your new card to make $2,000 in eligible purchase within the first 3 months of card membership.
Cardholders earn 12X points for each dollar spent at hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations earn 6X points for each dollar spent. All other purchases earn 3X points.
It’s overall a great card option for semi-frequent guests who don’t typically travel enough to reach Hilton’s Gold or Diamond statuses.
Table of Contents
Amex Hilton Honors Ascend Credit Card Summary
With the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express:
• Earn 125,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchase within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
• Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
• Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
• Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
• $95 annual fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Earn 12X Hilton Honors Points
The Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card offers a solid bonus on purchases at Hilton properties worldwide. You’ll earn 12 points per dollar spend on these stays. You’ll also earn 6 points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets and U.S. gas stations. All other purchases score you 3 points per dollar spent.
You can redeem your points for free stays, merchandise, airline transfers, and more. The best option is to redeem them for free stays to earn you the highest value out of your points.
Per Hilton’s terms, the amount of Hilton Honors points required to redeem hotel rewards varies by hotel, room, booking date and length of stay. Thus, you must individually search for specific properties and their award rates.
Points & Money Option
If you want to redeem your points at a fancy Hilton resort, but you don’t have enough, Hilton has added some flexibility for you. Featuring their Points & Money awards option, you can use as much you want cash in place of points to redeem your hotel room.
Redeem points to cover an entire stay, pay cash for the entire stay, or adjust these amounts to use a combination of the two. This gives you flexibility for your Hilton Honors points, since you’re in charge of how many points to use on a given redemption. With Hilton, as long as there’s a room available using points, you can use Points & Money.
Complimentary Gold Status
Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express cardholders earn a complementary Gold status. Normally, you’d need to have 30 stays, 60 qualifying nights, or earn 120,000 base points to get this benefit. Gold status include members get:
- A 25% boost to Honors base points earned
- Every standard-rate fifth night free on stays of five nights or more
- Late checkout
- Digital check-in
With the Hilton Honors Ascend Card from American Express, cardholders can enjoy a generous welcome bonus, great earning rates, and plenty of valuable perks. It’s certainly a great option for those who visit Hilton properties. You don’t even have to visit frequently to enjoy all it has to offer with the $95 annual fee.
While it doesn’t offer as much flexibility of a card, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred®, it could be just what you need to make your next stay at Hilton even more rewarding. Nonetheless, if you’re looking for something else, visit our list of credit card promotions to find the one that best suits you.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.