After the first year, you will then earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
The British Airways Visa Signature® Card has a $95 annual fee. There’s no additional fee to add authorized users. Fortunately, this card isn’t subjected to Chase’s 5/24 restriction. This means you can be approved even if you’ve opened five or more new card accounts in the past 24 months.
Wondering why you’d need points for the frequent flyer program of the United Kingdom’s largest airline? These British Airways points, called Avios, are more valuable than they may seem at first glance. You can use them on British Airways flights, but they also have many more uses that are worth your points.
Chase British Airways Visa Signature Card Summary
With the British Airways Visa Signature® Card:
• Earn 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases within your first year up to $30,000. That's up to 120,000 bonus Avios
• Every calendar year you make $30,000 in purchases on your British Airways Visa card, you'll earn a Travel Together Ticket good for two years.
• 4 Avios for every $1 spent on all purchases up to $30,000 in the first 12 months from account opening, you will then earn 3 Avios for every $1 spent on British Airways purchases and 1 Avios for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
• Pay no foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad.
• Simply tap to pay with your contactless British Airways Visa Signature Card. Just look for the contactless symbol at checkout. It's fast, easy and secure!
Learn More About This Card Here
Redeem Avios Rewards
Use your Avios to redeem for airfare, upgrades, hotel stays, car rental and experiences.
If you plan on redeeming Avios for flights, British Airways has a distance based award chart. This means that Avios are valuable for many types of award tickets where other programs wouldn’t be useful.
British Airways is a member of the Oneworld airline alliance. This means, you can also Avios to book flights on any of those partner airlines. The program also uses a distance-based award chart rather than a traditional region-based chart. So, there are many redemption possibilities.
The British Airways Visa Signature® Card is relatively easy to be approved for if you have excellent credit, has a generous welcome bonus, and comes with some perks that more than justify the $95 annual fee.
The annual fee is a small investment, considering what you get out of this card. Such perks include an excellent sign-up bonus and great earning scheme. Plus, you get one of the best frequent flyer programs in the world! There are plenty of airline options to choose from! Even if British Airways doesn’t fly there, Avios will help you get to no matter where you go in the world.
If you’re looking for a card with better bonus categories, we recommend using a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. This card earns you 2 points per dollar on travel and dining. Or, check out the Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card to earn 3X points on travel and dining. With both cards, you can transfer points to multiple airline or hotel programs (including British Airways) at a 1:1 rate or redeem them for travel through Chase. You can find more in our complete list of credit card promotions!
Learn more about this card and its features here.