All Delta purchases, including airfare and incidentals, earn an unlimited 2 SkyMiles per $1 spent. All other purchases earn an unlimited 1 SkyMile per $1 spent.
New applicants can earn 30,000 Bonus Miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Table of Contents
Amex Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Summary
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 miles for every dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta.
• Earn one mile for every eligible dollar you spend on purchases.
• Check your first bag free on Delta flights – that’s a savings of up to $240 per round trip for a family of four.
• Settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Earning Gold Delta SkyMiles 30,000 Bonus Points
The spending requirement to earn the bonus is $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new card in your first 3 months. See what other credit cards are offering.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement if you need a little help:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Earn 2X SkyMiles with Delta
Earn 2 SkyMiles per $1 spent on Delta airfare, in-flight purchases, lounge passes, and other incidentals. All other purchases earn 1 SkyMile per $1 spent.
There are no caps or restrictions on what you earn.
In addition, there are no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees), so you can continue earning your rewards outside of the country.
Redeem accumulated SkyMiles for Delta airfare, merchandise, gift cards, and experiences in the online SkyMiles MarketPlace.
The best way to redeem your SkyMiles is for Delta airfare. Airfare redemptions start at 10,000 miles for domestic economy one-ways. Certain travel dates and times may require more miles, depending on season and demand. For example, it generally costs more to fly to a popular vacation destination on a peak-season than an off-season. Airfare redemption point values generally range from $0.005 to $0.02.
Other redemption options fall below $0.01 per mile value. However, if you don’t have the minimum mileage requirement for airfare, merchandise redemptions start around 2,000 and go up from there.
To get the best value for your SkyMiles, use them for award travel with Delta or one of its many partners:
|Air Europa||Air France||Air Tahiti nui|
|Alitalia||China Airlines||China Eastern|
|China Southern||Czech Airlines||Garuda Indonesia|
|GOL||Hawaiian Airlines||Jet Airways|
|Kenya Airways||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Korean Air|
|Mandarin Airlines||Middle East Airlines||Saudia Airlines|
|Shanghai Airlines||Tarom Airlines||Vietnam Airlines|
|Virgin Atlantic||Virgin Australia||WestJet|
Gold Delta SkyMiles Benefits
Lounge Discount: If you’d like to take advantage of a Delta Sky Club lounge and enjoy a little luxury, you and up to two companions can get a reduced access fee of just $29 each.
Free Checked Bags: The first bag is free for you and up to 8 other people traveling on your reservation. Depending on the size of your family and how often you fly, this benefit can really be a substantial perk.
Delta Air Miles Never Expire: Many other airline miles expire after no activity for a certain period of time. However, Delta is different. They are the only significant US Airline to offer this.
No Blackout Dates: With some of the Delta SkyTeam transfer partners, you are subjected to specific dates in which you can and cannot redeem points for. With the Gold Delta SkyMiles card, you are not subject to these on Delta flights, making booking and redeeming easy and straightforward.
With the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, cardholders will benefit by earning awards flights with Delta. Though it does come with a $95 annual fee, waived for the first year (See Rates & Fees), cardmembers can get a good long-term value out of this card. SkyMiles can be redeemed for more than what they’re worth if you’re able to redeem them for airfare. If you can’t imagine flying on any other airline, consider applying.
American Express’s notorious “Once Per Lifetime” Policy applies to this card, so if you’ve already applied for this card in the past, you cannot get this bonus. Of course, if you don’t fly with Delta as often as once per year, then this card will offer you very little benefits. Check out the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express if you don’t fly often but you still want some benefits with Delta.
Check out our complete list of Credit Card Promotions for other airline bonuses and offers.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Other Credit Cards To Consider
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card:
• Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
• Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
Learn More About This Card Here
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|