Are you a business owner looking to earn points for flying? With the Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card, new applicants can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
Additionally, earn 2 points for every $1 you spend on Southwest Airlines purchases made directly with the airline, 2 points per $1 you spend on Southwest Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases, and 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases. You’ll also get 6,000 bonus points after each anniversary year!
Table of Contents
Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Summary
With the Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card:
• Earn 60,000 points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open.
• 6,000 bonus points after your Cardmember anniversary.
• 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest® purchases and Rapid Rewards® hotel and car rental partner purchases.
• 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
• Earn points on employee spending
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• No blackout dates when you redeem points, no seat restrictions, bags fly free®, and no change fees
• No foreign transaction fees
Learn More About This Card Here
The Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card earns you 2 points per $1 for all Southwest purchases and Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partner purchases. Southwest purchases include Southwest airfare, vacation packages, in-flight food and drinks, and others. Purchases must be made directly with Southwest, not through a third-party booking site.
All other purchases earn 1 point per $1.
You earn points on every purchase with no limits and your points don’t expire as long as your account is open. Plus, enjoy unlimited reward seats and no blackout dates.
Redeem your acquired points for flights, gift cards, merchandise, car rentals, and more. The best way to redeem your points is for airfare, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions. Redemptions typically start at 5,000 for one-way flights and 10,000 for round-trip flights, but they’re subject to change per flight.
Points are worth one cent apiece when you redeem for flights, but they can be worth up to 2 cents apiece, depending on time, date, and season of your flight and other factors. Short-haul flights will generally offer better value. Southwest regularly adjusts the number of points required to redeem a particular flight, so YMMV.
The Southwest Airlines® Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card comes with standard travel and purchase protections. These include lost luggage reimbursement, baggage delay insurance, extended warranty protection, and purchase protection. Here are some more perks that the card offers:
- Tier Qualifying Point Earnings: This card earns 1,500 bonus Tier Qualifying Points (TQPs). These are Rapid Rewards points not earned through credit card sign-up bonuses or partner purchases, for every $10,000 spent. You can earn up to 15,000 TQPs per year through this method, and an unlimited number of additional TQPs by paying cash for Southwest Airlines fares and making non-Southwest credit card purchases. If you earn 35,000 TQPs in a calendar year, you earn A-List status. You’ll receive benefits, such as priority consideration on standby flights, priority boarding on all flights, and a 25% point-earning bonus. You can also earn A-List status by completing at least 25 one-way flights in a calendar year.
- Cardmember Anniversary Bonus: Each year your account remains open and in good standing, you get 6,000 bonus points on your cardmember anniversary. This is often enough to redeem for a short one-way flight.
- Companion Pass Status: To earn this status, you either need to accumulate 110,000 TQPs (through cash fare and credit card purchases, other than partner purchases) or complete at least 100 one-way Southwest Airlines segments (connecting flights count separately) in a calendar year. Companion Pass status holders can bring a companion traveler on any Southwest flight at no additional fare charge. Taxes and security fees still apply. There’s no limit to how many times this benefit can be used. You can travel with as many companions throughout the year you like. However, you can’t travel with more than one companion per flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Keep earning your points outside the U.S. without paying a foreign transaction fee.
The Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card has an annual fee of $99, but you can receive 60,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 within the first 3 months. This card has a decent rewards program, a nice anniversary bonus, chip technology and no foreign transaction fees, and easy award travel booking.
Plus, you earn nice perks as a cardholder throughout the year, like the Companion Pass Status. Overall, this card will be good for your business if you travel frequently and you’re a dedicated Southwest flyer. Don’t forget to check out our complete list of credit card promotions today!
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.