American Express has targeted select charge cardholders for a chance to earn 10,000 Membership Rewards points per account when enrolled in their Extended Payment Option, also known as “Pay Over Time.”
These Pay Over Time promotions come and go casually. What makes these promotions worthwhile are that they’re exceptionally easy to reap. This service allows you to flexibly carry a balance of pay in full each month.
While this is a targeted offer that comes in the mail or through email, it features a non-unique link that allow you to check for Pay Over Time eligibility on all of your Amex charge cards at once. The mailer doesn’t reference any particular account or account type.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
Balance Transfer is back! Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balances for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 16.99% to 27.99% Variable APR.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%.
• New! 3% Cash Back on U.S. online retail purchases, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
• 1% back on other eligible purchases.
• Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Every Card to spend $13.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
Table of Contents
American Express Pay Over Time Option
Amex offers a wider selection of charge cards compared to their competitors. See for yourself on our list of American Express Credit Cards, bonuses, and their respective reviews.
The whole premise of a charge card is having to pay off your balance in full every month and there’s no credit limit applicable, thus, no interest fees. The Pay Over Time option is basically turning your charge card into a credit card and allowing you to carry a balance on charges over $100.
Occasionally, Amex targets cardholders for a chance to earn points and miles with the added requirement of enrolling in their Extended Payment Services. Usually, there’s very minimal requirement attached like this one. Keep in mind that there’s a high interest rate when utilizing the Pay Over Time feature so it isn’t necessarily the best option for cardholders.
How to Receive Your Bonus MR Points
- If you didn’t receive this targeted offer in your email: Log into your Amex Cardholder Account.
- Check to see if you are targeted under the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section.
- Enroll in Extended Payment Option. Your Pay Over Time limit will be assessed.
- You must register and complete spending to receive your bonus.
This is an easy 10,000 Membership Rewards points if you ask me. If you were targeted for this offer on any of your charge cards from Amex, enroll in their Pay Over Time service as soon as possible. You don’t even have to use the Pay Over Time feature, you just simply have to enroll in it.
Keep in mind that the interest rate will be rather high if you carry a balance over a statement cycle. This can reduce your earnings. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the bonus to post to your account. Don’t forget to check out our full list of Credit Card Bonuses for all of your credit card needs.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
$120 Dining Credit: Satisfy your cravings and earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with the American Express Gold Card at Grubhub, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar and select Shake Shack locations. Enrollment required.
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).