Get the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® and earn 70,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.
Plus, earn an unlimited 2X miles for every purchase. With an $89 annual fee (waived the first year), this card is best suited for those who travel often. The Barclaycard Arrival Plus’ flexibility, rewards rate, and chip-and-PIN capabilities make it the ultimate choice for travelers.
With this card, you get 5% of your miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem for travel statement credits, and 2X miles on all purchases!
Table of Contents
Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard Summary
Earning The Barclaycard Arrival Plus 70,000 Bonus Points
Take advantage of the 70,000 bonus points introductory offer from the Barclaycard Arrival Plus.
To qualify, charge at least $5,000 to your card within the first 3 months of opening your account. It’s much higher compared to what other credit cards offer. Nonetheless, here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Earn An Unlimited 2X Miles
Earning miles with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is quite straightforward. Every $1 spent on eligible card purchases earns 2 miles, with no caps or restrictions on how much you can earn.
You also get 5% in bonus miles back after redemption with this card. The bonus is effectively worth $735 in travel.
With 5% miles back after redemption, you’re essentially getting back 2.1% in rewards. This makes it one of the best rewards cards for everyday use. There are no categories or tiers you have to remember. In addition, your miles don’t expire as long as your account remains open and in good standing.
You can redeem your miles for statement credits, gift cards, and general merchandise.
However, it’s best to redeem for statement credits towards travel to get the most value out of your points. Miles are always worth $0.01 apiece when redeemed for travel statement credits.
You can redeem them against basically any of your travel purchases, such as airfare, hotel stays, car rentals, taxi and rideshare fares, public transportation fares, incidental charges, discount travel site bookings, cruises, and vacation packages.
Qualifying purchases must have been made within 120 days of the redemption date.
Unfortunately, you must have at least 10,000 miles to redeem for statement credit redemptions against travel. In addition, qualifying purchases must be $100 or greater. Above the $100 threshold, Barclaycard allows redemptions in $25 increments, up to $2,000 in total redemption value, or 200,000 miles. Miles can only be redeemed for purchases made within 120 days. You can also use your miles to cover the card’s annual fee.
This redemption threshold could be problematic for light spenders who take long to earn that much.
5% Redemption Bonus
Every travel credit redemption qualifies for a 5% rebate. For example, when you redeem 20,000 miles, you’ll receive a bonus of 1,000 miles. This earns you an effective return rate of 2.1% on your purchases, rather than a 2% rate.
Unlike airline or hotel branded credit cards, you have the flexibility to redeem towards travel purchased on any airline, hotel, or travel website. Per Barclaycard’s terms and conditions, the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® card categorizes many different options as travel:
|Airlines||Hotels||Car Rental Agencies|
|Motels||Purchase & Travel Agencies||Discount Travel Sites|
|Campgrounds||Buses||The Account Annual Fee|
Bonus miles are deposited into your loyalty account and are available for use with your next redemption.
Bonus Miles For Barclays Travel Community Posting
Earn bonus miles for qualifying stories posted to the Barclays Travel Community. This is subject to certain limitations and restrictions.
Share stories of your latest adventure and earn rewards in the process. Each 100+ word story with at least 1 unique photo earns 150 bonus miles. This is a $1.50 value when redeemed for travel. You can’t post more than 5 stories per location or more than 100 stories per month.
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® makes earning miles a breeze. Cardholders earn an unlimited 2 miles per $1 spent on every purchase. In addition, earned miles don’t expire as long as your account is in good standing. This is card perfect for people who prefer simplicity and flexibility.
Redeeming is also easy. Redeem your miles for eligible travel purchases of $100 or more made with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus in the past 120 days online. After that, you don’t have to redeem in $100 increments.
Every time you redeem your miles for travel, you’ll get a 5% rebate. For example, when you redeem 20,000 miles, you’ll receive a bonus of 1,000 miles. Bonus miles are deposited into your loyalty account and are available for use with your next redemption. This effectively increases your 2% return into a 2.1% return on all your purchases when you redeem for travel. This is a unique perk only seen on this card.
The Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® is part of Barclaycard, offering many perks. Some perks include World Elite status and exclusive luxury travel, shopping, and entertainment benefits. Below are some other benefits to take advantage of:
- 24/7 Concierge and Mastercard Airport Concierge: Get complimentary 24/7 concierge service at over 700 locations worldwide. It’s like a personal assistant. If you need to locate a gift or reserve a table for your anniversary, give the concierge a call. You can also arrange for a personal agent to escort you through the airport for any flight. Additional charges apply.
- Bonus Miles for Barclays Travel Community Posting: Subject to certain limitations and restrictions, you’ll earn bonus miles for qualifying stories posted to the Barclays Travel Community. Share stories of your latest adventure and earn rewards in the process. Each 100+ word story with at least 1 unique photo earns 150 bonus miles. This is a $1.50 value when redeemed for travel. You can’t post more than 5 stories per location or more than 100 stories per month.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee: Travel internationally and make purchases with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus without paying a foreign transaction fee.
Experience what the Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard® has to offer. With a high rewards rate, a generous signup bonus, flexibility, and generous terms, this card is great for the avid traveler.
With the $89 annual fee waived for the first year and so many benefits from this card, I highly recommend checking it out. Find our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.