With the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, you can earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
You also get to earn 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions and 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
In addition, you an earn 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations; all other purchases earn 1% cash back.
If you don’t want to waste time with the hassle of choosing gift cards or certain rewards, this card is great since you get cash back! It’s one of the best cash back credit cards on the market right now.
So if you buy food at the grocery store, wear clothing and drive cars, this card is for you. It has one of the best rewards rate out there for your everyday purchases!
Unfortunately, it comes with an annual fee of $95 ($0 first year) (See rates & fees).
However, if you can maximize the cash back and take advantage of the rewards program, this card will be of excellent use to you.
Table of Contents
Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card Summary
|Bonus Available||Earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in spending.
6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions.
3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations.
3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshares, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more.
1% Cash Back on all other purchases.
|Foreign Transaction Fees||2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars (See rates & fees)|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
|Annual Fee||$0 introductory annual fee for one year, then $95 (See rates & fees)|
Earning Blue Cash Everyday Welcome Offer
To earn the welcome offer, you will have to meet the spending requirement. See what other credit cards are offering.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement if you need a little help:
Earning & Redeeming Cash Back
The Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card features a generous cash back rewards program. You can earn 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, up to $6,000 spent per year.
Then, earn an unlimited 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations. Finally, earn an unlimited 1% cash back everywhere else, including supermarket purchases above the annual spending cap.
To add even more value, you can now earn 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions and 3% Cash Back on transit including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses & more.
Note that American Express doesn’t include superstores such as Walmart and Target, nor warehouse club stores such as Costco and Sam’s Club, as supermarkets for the purposes of this card.
Redeem your cash back earned for a statement credit, gift cards, and general merchandise. If you’re redeeming for statement credit, there’s a $25 redemption minimum.
- Car Rental Loss & Damage Insurance: Use your card to reserve and pay for the entire eligible vehicle rental and decline the collision damage waiver at the rental car counter. American Express provides secondary coverage if the car is damaged or stolen. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Global Assist Hotline: When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services. Services include medical and legal referrals, assistance with cash wires, passport replacement, missing luggage and more. You’re responsible for third-party service provider charges.
- Roadside Assistance Hotline: Get emergency services in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. Services include towing, changing a flat or boosting a battery. You’re responsible for third-party service provider charges. Vehicle and road exclusions apply.
- Travel Accident Insurance: Get coverage for accidental death and dismemberment while traveling on a common carrier when you charge your entire fare to your card. Exclusions and restrictions apply. Common carriers include planes, trains, ships, or buses.
- Terms Apply.
- Extended Warranty: Use your Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card for eligible purchases and get up to two extra years added to the original manufacturer’s warranty. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Exclusions and restrictions apply.
- Return Protection: Seller won’t take back your return? Return eligible purchases to American Express up to 90 days from the date of purchase. American Express may refund the full purchase price, up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year per account. Refunds exclude shipping and handling. You must have purchased your item entirely with your eligible Amex card. Purchases must be made in the U.S. or its territories.
- Purchase Protection: Use your card for eligible purchases. They’ll be covered for theft and accidental damage up to 120 days and $1,000 per occurrence, $50,000 per calendar year.
- Complementary ShopRunner: Get free 2-day shipping on eligible items at 100+ online stores with ShopRunner. Enroll in complimentary membership as a benefit of your eligible Card. Enroll now at shoprunner.com/americanexpress.
- Entertainment Access: Enjoy exclusive access to ticket presales and Card Member-only events in a city near you.
- Terms Apply.
What I love about the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express is that this card is designed for almost everybody! If you spend money on gas and groceries and shop at department stores, this is the perfect card for you.
You’ll not only earn a welcome offer after meeting the spending requirements, but you’ll also get up to 6% cash back!
This is one of the highest welcome offer if seen so far on this card so be sure to check it out! Find our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!