The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN has a great welcome offer where you can earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
With this card, you also gain access to benefits that can make your travels more productive and comfortable. You can earn 5X points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com and 1X point for each dollar spent on eligible purchases.
Although the annual fee is $450, the card does come with $200 Airline Fee Credit, Airport Lounge Access Program, Concierge Service, and no foreign transaction fees. See if this card is worth getting for your business!
Table of Contents
Business Platinum Card from Amex OPEN Summary
|With the The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN:
-Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
-Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.†
-Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
-Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
-35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
-You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
-You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
-See Rates & Fees
Earn 5X Membership Rewards points on flights and prepaid hotels when you book on the American Express Travel website with the Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN. There is no limit to how much you can earn.
Most other purchases earn 1 Membership Rewards point. For eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, enjoy 1.5X Membership Rewards points, up to 1 million additional points per year.
Points don’t expire as long as your account is open.
Redeem your points for merchandise, transportation, travel, gift cards, and statement credits through the American Express Membership Rewards portal. Points are generally valued up to 1 cent apiece but can vary by redemption method. Statement credits have lower redemption values, while merchandise and transportation have higher values.
Maximize the value of your points by redeeming them for airline travel on qualifying airlines. Use the Pay With Points option to get a 35% points bonus, payable as a rebate. For instance, if you redeem 10,000 points for a flight, 3,500 points are returned back into your account. You can receive this benefit with only one airline, so choose the carrier you fly with most often. This benefit is capped at 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN comes with general travel benefits. These include complimentary car rental upgrades and complementary car rental insurance covering loss and damage. In addition, it comes with extended warranty and some general purchase protections. Some other perks include:
- Airline Fee Credit: Get $200 annual airline fee credit with the airline of your choice. Offset your incidental expenses with this credit, such as baggage fees and in-flight services. The airline must be the same carrier you choose for your 35% points bonus.
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access: Enjoy complimentary access to over 1,200 airport lounges in over 130 countries through the American Express Global Lounge Collection. You can also access partner lounges, such as Delta Sky Club and The Centurion Lounge.
- Fine Hotels & Resorts Benefits: Enjoy convenient benefits at 1,000 Fine Hotels & Resorts around the world. These include 12pm check-in when available, a room upgrade upon arrival when available, daily breakfast for two people, complimentary WiFi, guaranteed 4pm late checkout, and special amenities unique to each property.
- Complementary Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status: Enjoy complementary Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status with this card. Earn a 50% bonus on base Starpoint earnings, special welcome gifts at check-in, flexible check-out, and room upgrades when available.
- OPEN Savings Benefit: Earn your choice of 2 additional Membership Rewards points per $1 spent or 5% discounts on purchases with OPEN Savings partner merchants, such as FedEx and Hertz. A complete list of participating merchants is available at opensavings.com. The 5% discount option gives 5% credits directly to your billing statements for the month when the corresponding purchase was made.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee: Spend freely outside of the U.S. without worrying about paying a foreign transaction fee.
If your business has considerable expenses and you enjoy luxury travel perks, the Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN is a good card for you. You should definitely check this card out if you’re a business owner who travels frequently and will take advantage of all the benefits this card has to offer. Plus, it currently features a pleasant welcome offer for new applicants.
If you don’t think the $450 annual fee is worth it, there are many other options out there for you. Find our complete list of credit card promotions today!
Learn more about this card and its features here.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.