New applicants can earn a $150 cash bonus when you spend at least $500 within the first 3 months. This card does not charge an annual fee. In addition, you can redeem your cash back for any amount at any time.
Table of Contents
Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card Summary
With the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Card:
• One-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that
• 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
• Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
Earn An Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back
Earn a flat, uncapped 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Your cash back won’t expire for the life of the account.
Redeeming Cash Back
Cash back rewards are also easy to redeem.
Manually redeem accumulated rewards in any amount for statement credits, gift cards, or checks.
Or, schedule automatic redemptions that are triggered when you pass a specified cash back increment. Minimum automatic redemptions start at $25.
Pair It Up
The Capital One Quicksilver offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Thus, it’s best to pair it up with another card that offers a higher rewards rate on the categories you use the most. Then, when your higher-earning card only offers 1% cash back on the items you need to purchase, use the Capital One Quicksilver in its place to reap the higher 1.5% cash back reward.
The Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card is known for its simplicity and accessibility. It’s similar to the Chase Freedom® and Discover it credit cards. However, they aren’t as easy to use due to their reliance on rotating spending categories and other gimmicks. Though, that’s not to say that the Chase and Discover cards don’t have a place in your wallet. Many cash back cards are limiting themselves to cash back categories that many consumers will use, thus emphasizing that simplicity and minimizing hassle.
However, if the 1.5% cash back on all purchases isn’t convincing you, you can always check our credit card promotions to find the perfect one that suits your needs.
Learn more about this card and find out how you can apply here.