The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card lets you start with 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Additionally, if you add an authorized user to your account and make a purchase with the card(within three months), you are awarded 5,000 extra bonus miles on top of $50 in statement credit for making your first purchase. Be sure to also take advantage of the anniversary bonus for 10,000 bonus miles when you reach $25,000 in net purchases with the card each calendar year.
You and your travel companion will each receive your first checked bag for free each way for a savings of up to $100 per round trip. You get priority boarding in which card members and companions can board immediately after first-class and elite travelers. The Chase United MileagePlus Explore also includes free access to the United Club, which holds a $100 value. Additionally, you can earn 2 miles on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases. Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn. There is no penalty APR and the balance transfer fee is $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing||Up To $625 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Alternative Credit Card Bonuses:
- Barclaycard® CashForward World MasterCard
- Hilton HonorsTMSurpass Card from American Express
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card Summary:
- Apply Now
- Maximum Bonus: 50,000 bonus miles + 5,000 extra bonus miles + $50 Statement Credit
- Spending Requirement: You must spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of signing up, and add an authorized user to your account and make a purchase(within three months).
- Annual Fee: $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 thereafter
- Bonus Worth: We estimate 55,000 bonus miles is worth at least $825 depending on how much you value United miles.
- Expiration Date: No expiration
- Additional Advice: The Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card is beneficial if you travel outside of the United States because there is no foreign transaction fee. You can use your card all over Europe and not get charged for anything but your actual purchases. But know that it takes awhile to really build up miles to use on flights. With their new policy, they give you 2 miles per every dollar you spend on a flight. That is great for shorter, state hopping flights where the dollar amount out-ways the miles.
- Alternative Credit Cards:
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card Features:
- Check your first bag for free – save up to $100 per roundtrip
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United Club with two one-time-use passes every year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Earn double miles on tickets purchased from United, and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Your miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn
- Use your miles for any seat, any time, on any United flight
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, then $95
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Pros:
- Nice Sign-up Bonus
- Anniversary spend bonus
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Cons:
- Limited redemption towards United and other StarAlliance partners
If you’re not a loyal United flyer who usually checks in bags, you’re better off with a general travel card. But if you are, then the United MileagePlus® Explorer Card is a great fit for you. This fantastic card hold a great sign-up bonus starting with 50,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening and chances for you to earn 5,000 additional bonus miles with an authorized user and $50 statement credit after your first purchase!
The card lets you rack up the miles on your airfare and redeem them for free flights. It offers 2X miles on United ticket purchases and 1 mile per dollar spent on all other purchases. Miles can be used on any United flight, as well as flights on any of the other Star Alliance airlines. You can take one round trip every year with this card as it provides benefits in your hotel stay and car rental! Best of all, there is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 thereafter. If you’re still looking for other deals, you can find our complete list of Credit Card Bonuses from our exclusive list!