Frequent United Airlines travelers can surely benefit from the Chase UnitedSM MileagePlus Explorer Card! This card offers a variety of perks that benefit United fliers. These include priority boarding, free first checked bag, up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit, and more!
Upon approval of the UnitedSM MileagePlus Explorer Card, new cardholders can earn 40,000 bonus miles! Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
While there is a specified $95 annual fee, the fee is waived for the first year! You’ll receive the many perks of traveling with this card which makes up for it. Learn more about the features and benefits of the UnitedSM MileagePlus Explorer Card below!
Table of Contents
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Card Summary
|With the UnitedSM Explorer Card:
• 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and on hotel stays
• Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
• 25% back on United inflight purchases
• Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $120 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket
• Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United ClubSM with 2 one-time passes each year for your anniversary
• Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United, and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases
Learn More About This Card Here
Earning & Redeeming United Miles
When you fly with United, you’ll earn 2 miles per $1 spent on airfare. You’ll also earn 2 miles per $1 at restaurants and on hotel stays when you book directly. You’ll earn 1 mile per $1 spent on everything else. Miles don’t expire as long as your credit card account is open.
Redeem your miles for airfare on United, car rentals, hotel stays, merchandise, donation, or annual fee reimbursement.
If you’re looking to redeem for airfare, United Airlines makes it easy to book award flights directly on their website. United Airlines is part of the Star Alliance, which includes partners like Air Canada and Lufthansa. You can use your miles to travel on United Airlines, or any of their 20+ partners.
The UnitedSM MileagePlus Explorer Card comes with plenty of benefits, especially for those who like to fly with United Airlines. It also offers many travel and purchase protections. These include primary rental car insurance, trip cancellation and interruption insurance, trip delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, baggage delay insurance, and purchase extended warranty. Other benefits include:
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Credit: Get a credit up to $100 every 4 years for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. These allow you speed through airport security.
- Priority Boarding: Board after First Class, and just before general boarding, with this card.
- 25% Off In-Flight Purchases: When you use your UnitedSM MileagePlus Explorer Card to pay for food, drinks, or in-flight Wi-Fi when you fly, you’ll get 25% credited back to your account.
- Free Checked Bag: Get 1 free checked bag for yourself and a traveling companion when you use your card to pay for a flight. You can only get a free checked bag on United Airlines and United Express operated flights, not partner flights.
- Annual United Club Passes: Each year you renew your card, you’ll get 2 United Club Lounge passes. One-day passes are normally $59 each, so if you use both passes, you’ll easily cover the card’s annual fee. Lounges offer a great place to unwind, snacks and drinks, and free Wi-Fi. Some locations even have a shower that can come in handy during a long trip to refresh yourself.
If you’re a frequent traveler with United Airlines, it’s a no-brainer to apply and reap the benefits that the Chase UnitedSM Explorer Card has to offer! Regarding the annual fee, the first free checked bag alone can save you far more than the annual fee is worth — not to mention the several other perks that this card has to offer! Let us know in the comment section below on your thoughts on this card!
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.