If you’re a current Citi AT&T Access More Cardholder, you should be aware that this once lucrative card is receiving yet again another “I regret to inform you” type of update. Yes, you can already assume from the get go that Citi is going to further nerf the card.
Citi recently sent out notices regarding gift cards being specifically excluded from the bonus categories in addition to rental and real estate payments being excluded as well now. This would mean no more 3x triggered via Plastiq and sending this card into what I see as a complete disarray in rewards, unless you are capable of making your hefty spending out towards online purchases to constitute the $95 annual fee, waived for the first year.
Editor’s Note: You can still convert any Citi Card to this card if you find the 3x on online purchase appealing, however, there is no $650 sign-up eligible for a new phone and further limitations do apply.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Citi AT&T Access More 3X Plastiq Updates Summary:
- Starting July 22, 2017, The following will not count towards the 3x TYP category:
- Purchasing or Reloading Gift cards will be specifically excluded from the bonus categories
- Rental and Real Estate payments will be excluded as well
- You’ll still earn 3x points on every $1 spent on purchases made online at ELIGIBLE retail and travel websites.
List of Recent Plastiq Updates:
- Chase Sapphire Reserves no longer earning 3x on lodging/travel via Plastiq – June 3, 2017.
- Paypal Business Debit Card being treated as credit card; accrued 2.5% fee – June 8, 2017.
- VISA can no longer process mortgage payments via Plastiq – June 12, 2017.
- Citi AT&T Access More no longer earning 3x on Rent/Mortgage – July 22, 2017.
“The categories eligible to earn 3x ThankYou Points for purchases made with your AT&T Access More card are being updated. Beginning July 22, 2017, you’ll only receive 1 point, not 3x points, for every $1 spent online on the purchase or reloading of gift cards or on rental and real estate payments.” It was evident for such a event to come considering all the updates that went through with Plastiq within the past weeks. I mean, VISA no longer accepts mortgage payments through Plastiq, the Chase Sapphire Reserve stopped earning 3x on Lodging and Travel through Plastiq so this leads me to question myself… Is this the last time we see a 3x earning on Plastiq’s services? Don’t forget to check out our full list of Credit Card Bonuses if you’re not interested at the moment.
The Citi Premier® Card offers 80,000 Bonus Points after making $4,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.
The 80,000 Points are redeemable for $800 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com.
• 3X Points at Restaurants
• 3X Points at Supermarkets
• 3X Points at Gas Stations
• 3X Points on Air Travel and Hotels
• 1X Points on All Other Purchases
This card comes with a $95 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.