According to a few Citi Prestige cardholders on Reddit, Citi has been sending letters to certain customers, notifying them of a lower annual fee and a 15% relationship bonus. Unfortunately, they sent these letters to the wrong people. A spokesperson for Citi has apologized for the mistake and decided to provide these cardholders with 1,000 ThankYou Points for the inconvenience. If you have a Citi Prestige card, check your email or mailbox for a letter informing you that your terms have not changed.
Editor’s Note: Looking for a new Citi card? Check out the Citi® Hilton HHonors TM Visa Signature® Card, which rewards you with 75,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points when you spend $2,000 in purchases within the first three months of account opening.
Citi Mistake 1,000 ThankYou Points Information:
- Citi’s Letter
- Offer: 1,000 ThankYou Points (Targeted)
- Expiration Date: None
- Additional Info: This offer will only be awarded if you were misinformed by Citi that your Citi Prestige card will have a lower annual fee. If you have received this message on accident, you can expect to see an additional 1,000 ThankYou points in your account within 1-2 billing cycles.
Thanks to Citi’s mistakes, some of you will be getting an additional 1,000 ThankYou points within the next 1-2 billing cycles. Although it’s sad to hear that this letter was sent out to the wrong people, it’s nice of Citi to make up for it with the 1,000 ThankYou points. If your points don’t arrive within a couple months, make sure you call customer service and ask about it.
The Citi Premier® Card offers 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. 60,000 ThankYou Points are redeemable for $600 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com.
• 3X Points at Restaurants
• 3X Points at Supermarkets
• 3X Points at Gas Stations
• 3X Points on Air Travel and Hotels
• 1X Points on All Other Purchases
This card comes with a $95 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
Leave a Reply