If you’re a current Discover It Card cardholder, then it should be relevant for me to inform you that as of February of this year, you will be able to do a product change from the regular Discover IT card to the Discover IT Miles. As of now, it is possible to also product change from the Discover IT Miles to the Discover IT Card, which definitely prove itself much more attractive than the first option I mentioned, considering that after the first year, the Discover It Mile’s 1.5% on all purchases is ‘eh’.
On the other hand, if you’re able to capitalize the 3% that you get from the Match-Up on the Miles Card for the first year and switching to the Standard Discover IT to earn 5% cash back with quarterly categories (and a $1,500 spending cap), this means optimal rewards for you with Discover!
Editor’s Note: If you are enrolled in the cash-back match-up program, there’s no way to pull out and make a product change. I urge you to wait until the duration of the program (one whole year) to be done prior to switching.
|TD Bank Convenience Checking: Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new TD Bank Convenience Checking account and set up direct deposit. You will earn free online notices and statement with check images, easy person-to-person, and internal/external transfer. Apply Now---TD Bank Convenience Checking Review|
|Chase SapphireSMChecking: Enjoy $750 when you join SapphireSM Banking. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $75,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
Apply Now---Chase Sapphire Checking Review
|Chase Private Client: Enjoy a $1,250 bonus when you join Chase Private Client. Within 45 days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
Apply Now---Chase Private Client Review
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with free Chase Debit Card, Mobile Check Deposit, Banker guidance, Text banking and QuickPay with Zelle. Get Coupon---Chase College Checking Review|
Table of Contents
Alternative Credit Card Bonuses:
Discover It & It Miles Card Product Changes Summary:
- Will be able to switch from Discover IT to Discover IT Miles
- Will be able to switch from Discover IT Miles to Discover IT
- If you are enrolled in the cash-back match-up program, you would have to wait a whole year to do the product change.
- You will be limited to a total of two Discover Credit Cards
- you have to have your first card for twelve months before being eligible for a second card.
Discover It & It Miles Card Comparison:
- You could turn $200 into $400 with Cashback Match™. Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter like gas stations, Amazon.com, restaurants, wholesale clubs and more, up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate. Plus, 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards never expire.
- We’ll match all the Miles you’ve earned at the end of your first year. Bonus Miles – For example, if you earn 30,000 Miles, you get 60,000 Miles.
- Unlimited 1.5x Miles per dollar on all purchases, every day, with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates – fly any airline, stay at any hotel.
Whether you want to product change from your Discover It to Discover It Miles or vice versa, just now that it is now a possibility. If you are able to product change from a Discover IT Miles, you will be able to enroll in the cash-back match up and get 3x the miles for every dollar spend on purchases for 12 months.If you want to product change to the Discover IT afterwards, you will be able to get 5% in rotating categories each quarter (capped at $1,500 per quarter).
Note that you will be limited to a total of two Discover credit cards and you’ll have to have your first card for twelve months prior to being eligible for a second card. If you are enrolled in the cash-back match-up program, you would have to wait a whole year to do the product change. Check out our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today for more bonuses and offers!
With the American Express High Yield Savings Account:
• Earn 1.90% APY on your deposits. Your Personal Savings account earns interest daily and is posted to your account monthly.
• Links easily with your current bank accounts. No need to switch banks.
• FDIC Insured. Your account is insured to at least $250,000 per depositor.
• No monthly fees, no minimum balance.
• 24/7 Account Access