Check out the Disney Visa Card from Chase if you or your kids are big Disney fans. You won’t have to pay an annual fee, so it’s a low-cost option for earning Disney rewards while accessing member perks.
The Disney Visa card is offering $150 as a welcome bonus after you spend $500 on purchase in the first 3 months from account opening. Many other no annual fee credit cards will offer a better sign-up bonus. So don’t get this card just for the bonus. Also available is the Disney Premier Visa Card. It offers a higher bonus and rewards rate, but comes with an annual fee.
(Visit Chase for more details)
Table of Contents
Disney Visa Card Quick Facts
|Bonus Available||Earn $150 after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.|
Earn 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars on all card purchases.
10% savings on select purchases at Disney stores and shopDisney.com.
15% off select guided tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney Resorts.
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||3%|
Disney Visa is issued by Chase Bank. Chase also offers great welcome bonuses for Checking/Savings accounts.
- Welcome bonus
- Discount on select merchandise, dining & tours
- Character experiences
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Limited redemption options
- Foreign transaction fees
Editor’s Alternate Pick
Disney Visa Card $150 Bonus
Take advantage of the $150 bonus offer. Just charge one purchase to your Disney Visa Card.
This bonus will come in the form of a statement credit. It’s not the best welcome offer there is. However, it’s a decent one considering the easy bonus requirements and lack of annual fees.
What are Disney Rewards Dollars Worth?
The value of 1 Disney Rewards Dollar is $1. In order to redeem, you must have at least 20 Disney Rewards Dollars.
Use your Disney Rewards Dollars toward almost anything Disney and Star Wars at most locations, including:
- Theme Park tickets
- Resort stays
Disney Premier Card Top Features
- Disney store. Get a 10% discount when you use your Disney card at Disney stores (physical and online). This might seem like an amazing offer, but most popular items are not eligible for the discount.
- Resort merchandise. Receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at select locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Resort dining. Get a 10% discount off select dining locations most days at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Guided tours. Receive 15% off the non-discounted price of select tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
Meet Disney and Star Wars characters away from the crowds and the general public at a private location in Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts. Complimentary photo downloads included.
Going to a Disney resort is not a cheap endeavor. Planning a family vacation at Disney? You’ll need to budget for transportation, lodging, food and admission. The Disney Visa Card has a variety of perks for Disney fans. That includes discounts on merchandise, dining and recreation.
But from a financial viewpoint, this rewards card isn’t really worth it. There are plenty of other cash back and travel rewards credit cards that offer better rewards rates. And with more flexible redemption options, albeit without the Disney-specific perks.
What’s the Competition?
Here is some of their best competitors on the platform:
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months.
• 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
• 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and at select U.S. department stores
• 1% back on other eligible purchases.
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits.
There are no annual fees with this card (See Rates & Fees).
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
• 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
• Unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.