In a sense, there are times where your money can even cost you money and this tactic is far too familiar within the bandwidth of ATMs. When you use a Banking ATM that is outside of the network that the banking establishment you are with, then you can accrued a fair share of fees attached even if you are just making simple inquiries like deposits or withdraws.
|Chase Total Business Checking® Earn a $200 cash bonus when you open a new Chase Total Business Checking® account then deposit $1,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain that balance for 60 days, and complete 5 qualifying transactions. Learn More---Chase Total Business Checking Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM Earn a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit. Also earn a $150 bonus when you open a new Chase SavingsSM account, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money within 20 business days & maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days. Apply Now---Chase Total Checking + Savings Review
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Get $300 when you open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit. Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches. Customer earns interest. No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions. Apply Now---Chase Premier Plus Checking Review
|Chase College CheckingSM: Get $100 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of account opening. The account comes with free Chase Debit Card, Mobile Check Deposit, Banker guidance, Text banking and QuickPay with Zelle. Get Coupon---Chase College Checking Review|
Table of Contents
ATM Fees In-Detail:
Banks can charge non-customers well-around $1.50 to $3.50 at their ATMs, but what you need to watch out for is those non-bank ATM operators which can charge you well over $10 per transaction if they wanted to. With a fair share of casinos, concerts and events I’ve experienced, I also come across that one occasion where I just didn’t have cash on me, leaving myself unprepared and vulnerable to the steep prices an ATM fee can accrued, leaving me desperate and resorting to paying such a nasty fee. Let’s not forget that your home-bank may also charge you a “non-network ATM fee” for using an ATM operated by another bank or institution ranging around a notable $2.00 and $3.50, varying between banks.
Lowest International ATM Fees Offered:
Capital One 360
- Capital One 360 is among the few that offers customers no flat fees nor any foreign transaction fees when using their debit cards abroad. Be mindful that Capital One strays differently from 360. Those who have applied with Capital One through their physical branches could be subject to standard foreign transaction fees. Be sure to check out our master post of Capital One 360 Bonuses as well!
- Withdrawing cash with CitiBank at a CitiBank-branded foreign ATM will accrued you no additional fees. However, Customers that bank with CitiBank will have to pay a $2 foreign transaction fee + 3% conversion charge on out-of-network ATMs. Now, CitiBank does occasionally offer pretty nice sign-up bonuses on their products as well as an extended network that even reaches abroad. Be sure to check out our master post of CitiBank Bonuses as well!
- Discover allows their customers to use foreign ATMs via their debit card and even make purchases abroad with no fees attached. However, even though their network has expanded quite a bit and still is… Discover Bank’s cards can be limited to certain locations outside the United States. If you’re looking forDiscover Bank Promotions, then look no further!
See advertiser website for full details
|Open a Discover Online Savings Account for all these features:
-Earn $200/$150 Bonus with promo code BCS119 by February 4, 2019
-Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $25K by February 18, 2019 to earn the $200 Bonus
-Fund your first savings account with a minimum of $15K by February 18, 2019 to earn the $150 Bonus
-Earn high interest rate of 2.10% APY
-No minimum opening deposit, no minimum balance requirement, and no monthly fees
-Interest on Discover Online Savings Accounts is compounded daily and credited monthly
-Manage your account online or with the Discover mobile app
-FDIC insurance up to $250,000
Charles Schwab Bank
- With a Schwab High Yield Investor Checking account, you will get reimbursement for any ATM fees you accrued from cash withdrawals worldwide. There are no monthly service fees, you’ll earn interest on your balance, and your account is FDIC-insured.
- USAA Bank offers to refund up to $15 of other banks’ ATM usage fee each month. On top of that, they do not charge a fee for the first 10 ATM withdrawals. Keep in mind that charges after that will accrued a $2.00 fee. Also, there’s a 1% foreign transaction fee applicable to withdrawals outside of the US.
|National Banks||Non-network ATM Fee||International ATM Fee||ATM Operator Fee (charged to non-customers)||Foreign Purchase Fee|
|Bank of America||$2.50||$5 and 3%||$3.00||3%|
|BB&T||$2.50||$5 and 3% *Texas accountholder no $5 fee||$2.50||3%|
|BBVA Compass||$2.00||$3 + 1% *flat feewaived w/ portfolio checking||$2.00||3%|
|BMO Harris||$2.50||$3 of amount *fees waivable||$3.00||3%|
|Chase||$2.50||$5 and 3% *flat fee waived w/ Premier Platinum*||$3.00||3%|
|Citibank||$2.50||$2 and 3% *waived w/ Citigold debit card||$3.00||3%|
|Citizens Bank||$3.00||2% *No ATM fee w/ first relevant transactions||$3.00||up to 1.8%|
|Fifth Third Bank||$2.00||$5 and 3%||$1.50-3.50||3%|
|KeyBank||$2.50||$2.50 and 1%||$2.50||3%|
|HSBC||$2.50||3% of amount *Waived with Premier||3%|
|M&T Bank||$3.00||$3 and 3%||$3.00||Higher value: $5 or 3%|
|PNC Bank||$3.00||$5 and 3%||$3.50||3%|
|Regions Bank||$2.50||$5 and 3%||3%|
|Santander||$2-3.50||$6 and 4%||$3.00||4%|
|Union Bank||$2.00||$5 and 2% *waive w/ Priority Banking or Private Advantage||$3.00||2% *waived w/ Private Advantage|
|US Bank||$2.50||$2.50 + 3% *No ATM fee for Premium and Platinum checking||$3.50||3%|
|Wells Fargo||$2.50||$5 and 3%||$3.00||3% of value|
ATM fees can stack up, especially when you’re abroad or nowhere near your home-bank where you have to resort to swiping your card into ATM fee hoard. If you’re ever in this situation, I definitely recommend owning a Capital One 360 checking considering that there’s no fees, whatsoever.
Note that it’s also worth a try talking to your bank prior to travelling abroad considering that some banks do waive those fees if you’re a premium or just loyal customer that consistently carry a balance. ATM fees are unnecessary and if you have a bank in mind that offers little to no ATM fees, then be sure to give us a holler in the comment section! We’d really appreciate it. See our complete list of Bank Deals for all your banking needs!
|With the Barclaycard Ring® Mastercard®:
-Enjoy a 0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable 14.24% APR will apply
-Low 14.24% variable APR on purchases and cash advances
-No annual fee
-No foreign transaction fees
-International Chip and PIN