New applicants can earn 70,000 bonus miles after you make $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
Cardholders earn 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases made directly with Delta and 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases. In addition, the annual fee is $95, but it’s waived for the first year (See Rates & Fees). Card benefits are similar to the non-business version of this card, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
These points can be used to pay for your business expenses such as car rentals, hotel stays, merchandise, gift cards, and more! Beyond rewards earnings, this card provides a selection of perks and discounts for Delta fliers that you can’t get with general travel cards.
Table of Contents
Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card Summary
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 70,000 bonus miles after you make $4,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
• Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases. After the introductory 6 months period the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.99%-26.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors at account opening, and this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
• Additionally, earn a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
• Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.
• Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
• Pay no foreign transaction fees when you spend overseas.
• $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95. Terms and limitations apply
• See Rates & Fees
Earning 70,000 Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Bonus Points
The spending requirement to earn the bonus is $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. See what other credit cards are offering.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement if you need a little help:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Earn 2X Miles On Delta
It’s straightforward to earn points with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business. Cardholders earn 2 Delta SkyMiles for every $1 spent on eligible purchases made directly with Delta. All other eligible purchases earn 1 SkyMile for every eligible $1 spent.
Redeem your accumulated SkyMiles for Delta airfare. Redemptions start at 10,000 SkyMiles for domestic economy one-ways. However, Delta’s redemption tables are somewhat variable, and certain travel dates and times may require more SkyMiles. For example, peak-season weekend flights cost more compared to off-season weekday flights to popular vacation destinations.
Point are generally valued $0.005 to $0.02 at redemption. Redeem your SkyMiles for merchandise, gift cards, and experiences, at the Delta SkyMiles MarketPlace.
SkyMiles are typically worth way less than $0.01 apiece when redeemed at the MarketPlace. However, minimum redemption thresholds are lower.
To get the best value for your SkyMiles, use them for award travel with Delta or one of its many partners:
|Air Europa||Air France||Air Tahiti nui|
|Alitalia||China Airlines||China Eastern|
|China Southern||Czech Airlines||Garuda Indonesia|
|GOL||Hawaiian Airlines||Jet Airways|
|Kenya Airways||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Korean Air|
|Mandarin Airlines||Middle East Airlines||Saudia Airlines|
|Shanghai Airlines||Tarom Airlines||Vietnam Airlines|
|Virgin Atlantic||Virgin Australia||WestJet|
Delta-Related Travel Benefits
The Gold Delta SkyMiles Business comes with some nice Delta travel benefits. These include:
- 20% off all in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with your American Express Delta card
- Priority boarding prior to the general group
- One free checked bag for the cardholder (a savings of $25 per one-way segment)
- Two discounted Delta airport lounge (Sky Club) passes (one for the cardholder, one for a companion on every trip) (passes are normally $59, while the discounted price is $29)
- No foreign transaction fees
Other Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Benefits
Lounge Discount: If you’d like to take advantage of a Delta Sky Club lounge and enjoy a little luxury, you and up to two companions can get a reduced access fee of just $29 each.
Free Checked Bags: The first bag is free for you and up to 8 other people traveling on your reservation. Depending on the size of your family and how often you fly, this benefit can really be a substantial perk.
Delta Air Miles Never Expire: Many other airline miles expire after no activity for a certain period of time. However, Delta is different. They are the only significant US Airline to offer this.
No Blackout Dates: With some of the Delta SkyTeam transfer partners, you are subjected to specific dates in which you can and cannot redeem points for. With the Gold Delta SkyMiles card, you are not subject to these on Delta flights, making booking and redeeming easy and straightforward.
The Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express offers a nice welcome bonus at a low annual fee. In addition, you receive access to many of their benefits.
Since the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business earns the most SkyMiles per dollar on Delta purchases, deciding if this card is right for you depends almost entirely on your travel habits.
If you’re frequent Delta flier, you’ll likely get some free travel throughout the year and save money on things like baggage check and in-flight spending.
If you rarely or never fly Delta, the Gold Delta SkyMiles Business is almost certain to provide little value. It’s better to sign up for a general travel card or a card co-branded with your airline. You can also check out the Blue Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express if you don’t fly often.
If you’re looking for alternative credit card options to maximize travel rewards, check out the Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card or the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express instead. You can find their respective reviews and many more in our complete list of credit card promotions.
Learn more about this card and its features here.
Other Credit Cards To Consider
Similar Annual Fee Business Cards:
With the Ink Business Preferred℠ Card:
• Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
• Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
• Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases - with no limit to the amount you can earn
• Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more - your points don't expire as long as your account is open
• No foreign transaction fees
• Employee cards at no additional cost
• $95 Annual Fee
With the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business:
• Earn 2 miles per $1 on every purchase
• Plus, a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $4,500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account, and there are no categories to limit where or what you buy
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
• There's no limit to the amount of miles you can earn
• Redeem miles for travel, cash back, gift cards and more
• No foreign transaction fees and fly on any airline, anytime, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|