The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card is a hotel rewards credit card aimed toward business owners that earns Hilton hotel rewards points for purchases made with the card.
For a limited time, new cardholders can earn 125,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases in the first 3 months of card membership.
With this card, you’ll be also earning up to 12X bonus points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases, plus complimentary Gold Status all for a $95 annual fee!
The Hilton Honors program, co-branded with American Express, also has 4 cards available:
- Hilton Honors American Express Card – the basic no annual fee version for those who occasionally stay at Hilton properties and want to earn rewards.
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card – the option for those who stay roughly 20-25 nights during the calendar year with rewards that outweigh the annual fee.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card – the option for those who’ll take advantage of all the premium perks and credits to make up for the premium annual fee.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
Table of Contents
Hilton Honors American Express Business Card Summary
With the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card:
• Welcome Offer: Earn 125,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card: 12X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, 6X on Select Business & Travel Purchases, 3X Everywhere Else. Terms & Limitations Apply.
• Enjoy complimentary Gold Status with your Hilton Honors Business Card.
• Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
• Earn another Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend an additional $45,000 in purchases on your Card in the same calendar year.
• Relax with 10 free airport lounge visits each year once enrolled in complimentary Priority PassTM Select membership, which offers access to over 1,000 lounges in over 120 countries.
• Terms apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Earning 125,000 Hilton Honors Business Bonus Points
The 125,000 Hilton Honors bonus points offer is valued about $750. You’ll need to spend $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership to qualify. Compare this with other card bonuses.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Earn Hilton Honors Points
You’ll earn 12X points per dollar for purchases made directly with hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio.
You’ll also earn 6X points per dollar on select business purchases. Business purchases include: U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchases directly from U.S. service providers, and U.S. purchases for shipping.
Plus, earn 6X points per dollar on select travel purchases. Travel purchases include: U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or with Amex Travel, and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies.
All other purchases earn 3X points per dollar.
Hilton points are worth about 0.5 cents per point, which is about half the value of the average rewards program point. However, the value of your points depends on the Hilton hotel category where you book your stay.
Redeem your Hilton points for free stays, merchandise, experiences, and more. You can also transfer your points to Hilton Honors airline partners or redeem them for free car rentals or cruises. However, you’ll get more value out of your points when you redeem them for free stays.
Per Hilton Honors program, the amount of points required to redeem hotel rewards varies by hotel, room, booking date, and length of stay. Hilton does not have an awards chart anymore. Instead, you must search individually for specific properties and their award rates.
You can also pay cash for part of your hotel redemption with Hilton Honor’s Points & Money option. Redeem points or pay cash to cover an entire stay or use a combination of both. Your points are flexible because you can use as many points you want on a given redemption as long as there’s a room available.
Hilton Portfolio Of Hotels
You’ll have plenty of options earning and redeeming points within the Hilton Portfolio of hotels which consists of over 5,100 locations in 103 countries and territories:
|Hilton Hotels & Resorts||With more than 570 properties across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts stands as the stylish, innovative leader of hospitality.|
|Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts||In landmark destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts truly reflect their location and are fresh expressions of the legendary True Waldorf Service.|
|Conrad Hotels & Resorts||At Conrad Hotels & Resorts, luxury is a style you can connect with and service that is attuned to your every need.|
|Canopy by Hilton||For those seeking an energizing and comfortable experience, Canopy by Hilton is the fresh, neighborhood hotel that creates a positive stay through simple guest-directed service and thoughtful local choices.|
|Curio Collection by Hilton||Each hotel in the Curio Collection is completely different from the next. Curio is a collection of hand-picked hotels that are authentic, independent and remarkable.|
|DoubleTree by Hilton||Full-service and full of warmth, DoubleTree by Hilton has more than 400 wonderful places to stay, occupying prime locations in gateway cities and getaway destinations around the globe.|
|Tapestry Collection by Hilton||Tapestry Collection by Hilton is a gathering of original hotels chosen because of a commitment to being anything but generic.|
|Embassy Suites by Hilton||All guests are welcomed with a two-room suite, free made-to-order breakfast each morning, and complimentary drinks and snacks for two hours every night.|
|Hilton Garden Inn||With over 530 locations worldwide, they understand what you need to get from one busy, bustling business day to the next, and we’ll go above and beyond to ensure each stay is a successful one.|
|Hamptons by Hilton||With over 2,200 locations globally, Hampton by Hilton hotels offer high-quality and consistent accommodations and amenities.|
|Tru by Hilton||Tru by Hilton is a revolutionary new brand that is simplified, spirited and grounded in value for guests with a zest for life and a desire for human connection.|
|Homewood Suites by Hilton||In every suite they give you a spacious living room and a real kitchen with a full-sized fridge, and a comfortable bedroom with space to spread out and organize.|
|Home2 Suites by Hilton||Home2 Suites by Hilton is more than a midscale, extended-stay hotel; it’s a spirited and innovative hotel brand for the savvy, value-wise traveler staying a few months or a few nights.|
|Hilton Grand Vacations||Hilton Grand Vacations develops, markets and operates a collection of high-quality vacation ownership resorts in renowned travel destinations.|
Complimentary Gold Status
Hilton Honors Business Card from American Express cardholders earn a complementary Gold status. Normally, you’d need to have 30 stays, 60 qualifying nights, or earn 120,000 base points to get this benefit. On top of a Silver Status level of perks, Gold Status will add the following benefits:
- 5th Standard Reward Night Free
- 2 Bottles of Water
- Elite Tier Rollover Nights
- Space-available Room Upgrade (up to Executive room type)
- Complimentary Breakfast at all hotels
- Unlimited Milestone Bonuses
Also, if you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year, you’ll earn Diamond Status through the end of the next calendar year. Diamond status will include the following on top of Gold Status perks:
- Executive Lounge Access
- Diamond Status Extension
- 48-Hour Room Guarantee
- Elite Status Gifting
Other Hilton Honors Business Cardholder Benefits
The Amex Hilton Honors Business Card provides some standard protections for purchases and travels. Here are some more benefits that may entice you:
- Free Weekend Night Reward: Spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your card in a calendar year to earn a complementary Weekend Night Reward. Depending on how you use it, this perk may be worth more than enough to cover the annual fee.
- Second Weekend Night Reward: You’ll earn a second Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $60,000 on eligible purchases with your card in a calendar year.
- 10 Free Priority Pass Visits: You get 10 lounge visits per year once enrolled. Additional passes are only $27. Relax and take advantage of this perk if you travel through an airport with a Priority Pass lounge.
- No foreign transaction fees: Use your card on purchases when you travel abroad without the worry of foreign transaction fees.
Earn the fantastic welcome offer of the Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. It’s great for redemption on free stays at any of Hilton’s properties. If you prefer staying at Hilton’s hotels and resorts, this card could benefit you with up to 12X bonus points for every eligible purchase. There are many categories to earn points from. You’ll also be receiving perks like complementary Gold Status, anniversary bonuses, and much more. If you’re not interested, there are other cards you can take a look at if you see our complete list of credit card promotions today!
Compare this card with other hotel related cards here.
Other Credit Cards To Consider
Non-Branded Travel Card & Lower Annual Fee:
With the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card:
• Enjoy a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $500 in travel
• Earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture
• Named ‘The Best Travel Card' by CNBC, 2018
• Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®
• Fly any airline, stay at any hotel, anytime; no blackout dates. Plus transfer your miles to over 12 leading travel loyalty programs
• Miles won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how many you can earn
• No foreign transaction fees
• $0 intro annual fee for the first year; $95 after that
General Rewards & No Annual Fee:
With the HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card:
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on all purchases.
• Earn an Introductory 3% Cash Back on all purchases in the first 12 months from Account opening, up to the first $10,000 in purchases
• 10% Anniversary Bonus on all Cash Rewards earned once a year.
• No Annual Fee.
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a 15.24%, 19.24% or 25.24% variable APR.
• No Foreign Transaction Fees.
• $0 liability for unauthorized purchases.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Category Rewards & No Annual Fee:
With the Chase Freedom® Card:
• Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases - it's automatic
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%.
• 3% intro balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open, with a minimum of $5.
• No annual fee
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|