California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon or Washington Residents can now get their hands on a JCB Marukai Premium Credit Card for 3% Cash Back on all purchases.
Now first look at this card, it does offer the highest cash back bonus ratio on all spending in the credit card market at the moment and it’s nice to hear that a yearly spend of $3,000 would earn you 3% cash back, and if you spend $5,000 , you’ll receive a $50 bonus on top of your cash back making this card quite the overpowered everyday spending card to add to your credit card arsenal. Now there is a $15 annual fee attached, but it’s definitely worth it if you can make a spend of $5,000 per year.
Editor’s Note: Some significant changes with this card went down within this past week and you’ll no longer have to pay an annual $10 for Marukai MarketPlace Wholesale Foods Membership, instead, you’ll just have to make one payment of $1! Remember the annual fee and MarketPlace membership is waived for the first year as well.
|U.S. Bank Checking: Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new eligible U.S. Bank consumer checking account and complete qualifying activities, subject to certain terms and limitations. Offer valid through April 25, 2022. Member FDIC. Apply Now---U.S. Bank Checking Review|
|Huntington 25 Checking®: Earn $300 bonus when you open a Huntington 25 Checking® account and make cumulative new money deposits of at least $25,000 within 60 days of account opening. The $300 bonus will be deposited into your Huntington 25 Checking® account after all requirements are met and your account is open for 90 days.
Apply Now---Huntington 25 Checking® Review
|Discover Checking: Get rewarded with a new kind of online checking account. Earn 1% cash back on up to $3,000 in debit card purchases each month. There are no monthly fees or balance requirements. See advertiser website for full details.
Apply Now---Discover Cashback Debit Review
|Chase Secure BankingSM: Earn a $100 bonus when you open a new Chase Secure BankingSM account online or enter your email address to get your coupon and bring it to a Chase branch to open an account. Make sure to complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment. Apply Now---Chase Secure Banking Review|
Table of Contents
Alternative Credit Cards Bonuses:
JCB Marukai Premium Application Process:
Proof of residents and income verification would be needed to apply. eligibility by age also applies (21 years of age). I’ve heard that you could apply by Phone, In-branch, or download the application form and submit it by mail.
How To Earn Rewards:
- Earn up to 1% Cash Back Points on first $1,000 spent yearly
- Earn up to 2% Cash Back Points on next $2,000 spent yearly
- Earn up to 3% Cash Back Points on over $3,000 spent yearly
- JCB cash back points are worth $1
- For every $100 you spend you’ll receive 1-3 JCB cash back points, depending on which tier you’re currently in (1%-3% Tier). Points will be calculated on a monthly basis.
- Points earned in one calendar year expire at the end of the following calendar year (e.g if you earn one point in January 2014 it will not expire until the end of December 2015)
- You need a minimum of 10 JCB cash back points ($10) to redeem
JCB Marukai Premium Card Key Features:
- Up to 3% cash back on all purchases
- $15 Annual Fee
- $50 bonus annually if you spend $5,000 or more on the Mitsuwa marketplace
- One Time $1 Marukai Wholesale Club Membership; Used to be $10 annually
JCB Marukai Premium Card Pros:
- 3% cash back
- Annual anniversary rewards
- Access to 62 different JCB Plaza’s (Plaza Lounges) worldwide
- Air/Common Carrier Insurance: Up to $250,000 in coverage if you use your card to purchase an airline ticket
- Lost Luggage Insurance: Up to $1,000 in coverage if you use your card to purchase an airline ticket
- They have regular promotions for existing members.
JCB Marukai Marketplace Card Cons:
- No sign-up bonus
- Excellent Credit Required (683+)
- Exclusively for certain states
- Sensitive to cycling Credit Limit
JCB Marukai Premium Card Credit Limit:
Individuals have reported getting a credit limit ranging from $500-$6,500. If you ask for a credit limit increase, it’s confirmed to be a hard pull. process will take four weeks to process and you’ll need at least 6 months payment history before they would even consider a increased credit limit. It is possible to pay the card off halfway through your cycle and then putting additional spend on the card.
Previous Sign-Up Bonuses Offered:
- $30 Marukai Gift Card was given to customers after making their first purchase on top of the $50 cash back after making $500 or more in purchases in a given 3 months. (December 1, 2012- March 31, 2013)
The JCB Marukai card has the highest cash back bonus on all spending on the market with a impressively immaculate 3% cash back. Residents of California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Nevada, New Jersey, Oregon or Washington can now take advantage of this credit card and receive 3% cash back after making a spend of $3,000. For those living in the select states, this would only be a beneficial card depending on if you’re willing to spend $5,000 annually.
The downside to this card is that they don’t have a big market share in the United States making card acceptance a little pain in the derriere, however, they have an agreement with Discover making JCB cards acceptable anywhere that Discover is accepted. Find out which card is right for you by checking out our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
The Citi Premier® Card offers 60,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after you spend $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
• 3X Points at Restaurants
• 3X Points at Supermarkets
• 3X Points at Gas Stations
• 3X Points on Air Travel and Hotels
• 1X Points on All Other Purchases
This card comes with a $95 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.