Sign up for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express and earn a welcome offer of 75,000 bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
This card comes with many valuable perks well suited for business owners who frequently stay at SPG hotels and resorts.
In addition, you can redeem Starpoints for many options. There is an annual fee of $95, but that is waived for the first year. This card is definitely one of the best hotel cards so check it out today!
Table of Contents
Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card Summary
Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express:
• Earn 75,000 bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Earn 6 points for each dollar of eligible purchases at over 6,700 participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels across 29 brands.
• Earn 4 points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping. Earn 2 points for all other eligible purchases.
• Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary (redemption level at or under 35,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
• Enjoy complimentary Silver Elite status with your Card.
• Plus, earn Gold Elite status after spending $30,000 or more in eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Note: effective January 1, 2019, the spend threshold will increase to $35,000.
• No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases and $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
• Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
With the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card, cardholders earn 6X points for each dollar of eligible purchases at over 6,500 participating SPG and Marriott Rewards hotels across 29 brands.
Plus, earn 4X points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping. All other eligible purchases will earn 2X points.
Redeem your Starpoints for gift cards, travel, entertainment packages, and more. It’s best to redeem your points for free hotel nights and room upgrades at participating SPG Marriott Rewards properties worldwide.
Free night redemption start at 2,000 points for budget-friendly Category 1 hotels and go up to 35,000 points for high-end Category 7 hotels. Room upgrade redemption start at 1,000 points for Category 1 properties and go up to 2,750 points for Category 7. However, Starpoint redemption values can vary based on season and demand. Keep in mind that some SPG and Marriott hotels and resorts may have mandatory service charges.
Not enough points? Use Starwood’s Cash & Points option to combine Starpoints and cash to earn a free room. You’ll need 1,500 points and $30 to earn a free Category 1 night or up to 15,000 points and $275 for a free Category 7 night.
You can also transfer Starpoints at a 1:1 ratio to many of SPG’s airline transfer partners. Some partners include: American Airlines AAdvantage, British Airways Executive Club, and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club. Recently, SPG and Marriott merged. Thus, you can transfer Starpoints to Marriott Rewards points at a 1:3 ratio and vice versa. You can then go for the offers featured Marriott’s award chart.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Business Card comes with a selection of travel and purchase perks. A couple are free in-room internet access at any Starwood or Marriott hotel and free Boingo Wi-Fi access at many U.S. and Europe airports. Here are some key perks you may want to know:
- Complementary Silver Status: Get Silver Elite status in the Marriott rewards program, giving you a 20% boost on the base points you earn for eligible hotel stays. Also, if you spend $30,000 in a year, you’ll get an automatic upgrade to Gold status. Gold status gives you some great hotel perks, including free in-room internet, complimentary room upgrades, lounge access and more.
- Sheraton Club Lounge Access: Get complimentary access to 350 Sheraton Club Lounge locations worldwide in Sheraton-branded hotels. Enjoy free WiFi, complimentary breakfasts, snacks, drinks, and more.
- Free Night Award: Redeem one free Night Award every year after your card account anniversary. Awards can be used for one night at a participating hotel (limit a maximum of 35,000 points) for your redemption. Select hotels have resort fees.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee: Enjoy international travel without foreign transaction fees from American Express when using their card on purchases abroad.
The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express is overall a great card for traveling business owners. The value of Starpoints is much higher than other hotel travel cards. Plus, the welcome offer is a generous bonus you can get. You’ll get great value out of the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card if you travel often and stay at luxury hotels. The card offers plenty of redemption options, including the option to transfer your Starpoints to a multitude of frequent flier programs. If you stay at Starwood chain of hotels, you should really take a look at this card. Find our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
Learn more about this card and its features here.
The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone.