The United Explorer Business Card was designed for business owners who frequently find themselves having to travel with United. It comes with a $99 annual fee.
But, if you’re not particularly loyal to United and you don’t care about earning any United benefits, it’s better to go with a more generic business credit card. Some examples include the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card or Capital One Spark Cash for Business. While you may get slightly lower value by choosing a more generic travel rewards card, you may earn rewards and benefits that will benefit your business.
Cardholders earn 2X miles per $1 spent on United purchases, at gas stations, office supply stores, restaurants (including eligible delivery services), and on local transit and commuting; 1X mile per $1 spent on all other purchases.
New applicants can earn up to 150,000 bonus miles. Earn 75,000 miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Earn an additional 75,000 miles after you spend $20,000 total in the first 6 months.
This card falls under Chase’s 5/24 rule. If you have 5 or more new accounts opened in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve your application on this card, no matter how high your credit score is. In addition, you aren’t eligible for this sign-up bonus if you received a sign-up bonus on this card within 24 months.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure BankingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
United Explorer Business Card Summary
You’ll earn 2X miles per $1 spent on United purchases, at gas stations, office supply stores, restaurants (including eligible delivery services), and on local transit and commuting.
All other purchases earn an unlimited 1 mile per $1 spent.
There’s no limit to the number of miles you can accumulate. Miles never expire as long as your account is open.
Redeem accumulated miles for United Airlines airfare.
The minimum redemption for one-way economy flights within the U.S. and Canada start at 12,500 miles, or 25,000 miles for fully refundable tickets. First- and business-class one-ways start at 25,000 miles as well.
Miles can be worth up to two cents apiece or more.
There are no blackout dates, seat restrictions, or other limitations.
The best way to redeem accumulated miles is for United Airlines. You can also redeem for partner airlines, which comes in handy on international routes not directly served by United.
Redemptions generally start at 12,500 miles for one-way economy flights within the U.S. and Canada, or 25,000 miles for fully refundable tickets. First- and business-class one-ways start at 25,000 miles as well.
There are no blackout dates or other restrictions on award travel. See United’s award chart for up-to-date redemption information.
United Airlines Benefits
The United Explorer Business Card comes with great benefits for United Airlines flyers. As a cardholder, you always receive priority boarding privileges. This lets you on the plane and seated before general boarding begins.
In addition, pay for flights using your card, and you and a traveling companion get a free first checked bag each time. This is a potential value of $50 for each one-way flight.
Also, receive two complimentary United Club airport lounge passes per year. This benefit has a combined value of more than $100 per year. With it, you’re entitled to complimentary food, beverages, WiFi, office services, and more at participating lounges. Just keep your account open and in good standing to receive it.
The United Explorer Business Card comes with purchase protection and extended warranty protection. It also comes with travel and emergency assistance, travel accidence insurance, trip cancellation / trip interruption insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip delay reimbursement, baggage delay protection, auto rental collision damage waiver and roadside assistance. Other perks include:
- United MileagePlus Member Status: You’ll become a basic MileagePlus member. This perk comes with 5X miles per dollar on tickets purchased from United.
- Priority Boarding Privileges: Board United flights before general boarding.
- Free First Checked Bags: You and up to one traveling companion on the same reservation get your first checked bag free. This can save you potentially $100 per round trip.
- Two Annual Passes to United Club: Two one-time passes per year to United Club airport lounges. This includes complimentary beverages, snacks, and other amenities like work spaces, free WiFi and more.
- Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection Privileges: Includes room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-in, late checkout and other amenities at more than 750 luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
- Visa Signature Concierge: Call 1-800-953-7392 to speak with your own personal assistant through Visa Signature Concierge. They can help with all sorts of non-emergency tasks.
- Chase Inside Access: Access exclusive experiences, which range from celebrity meet-and-greets to world-class cultural events.
- United MileagePlus Experiences: Bid for invitations to interesting experiences by United, like dugout seats at sports games and dining with top chefs at their restaurants.
If you want a card that gives travel bonuses and makes a great companion to all your trips, consider the United Explorer Business Card. It’s one of the best options out there for moderate- to heavy-spending business owners who regularly travel for work.
It’s especially useful if you are a constant flyer with United, as it offers great perks along with it!
Sign up for this card if it interests you! If you are looking for something different, find out which card is right for you by checking out our complete list of Credit Card Promotions today!
Bankcheckingsavings has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Bankcheckingsavings and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.