Once approved, you have the opportunity to earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $5,000 on eligible purchases with the Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Cardholders earn 4 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent in 2 bonus categories where you spend the most each month, up to $150,000 spent. These bonus categories are catered for business owners, featuring airfare, advertising, gas stations, restaurants, shipping, and computer technology. Unfortunately, it comes with a $295 annual fee that is not waived the first year.
The American Express® Business Gold Card is a charge card. Thus, it doesn’t incur regular interest charges. Rather, you must pay your balance in full by each statement cycle’s due date. If you fail to do so for 2 or more consecutive cycles, it may result in the closure of your account. If you’re interested in what this card offers, read on to find out more in our review.
Editor’s Note: If you have a side business such as selling on eBay, Craigslist, or do freelance work, then your business is called “sole proprietorship.” Simply use your name as business ID and Social Security number as tax ID.
Table of Contents
American Express Business Gold Card Summary
With the American Express® Business Gold Card:
• Earn up to $500 back in the form of statement credits by purchasing qualifying services with FedEx using your American Express® Business Gold Card within the first 3 months of Card membership.
• Limited time Offer ends 11/06/2019.*
• More Rewards: Get 4X Membership Rewards® points on the 2 select categories where your business spent the most each month**
• **4X points apply to the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.*
• Airline Bonus: Get 25% points back after you use points for all or part of an eligible flight booked with Amex Travel, up to 250,000 points back per calendar year.*
• Pay Over Time Option: A flexible payment option to help manage cash flow on purchases of $100 or more.*
• Expense Management Tools: Connect to Quickbooks, access SpendManagerSM, receive a Year-End Summary, and more.*
• *Terms Apply
• See Rates & Fees
Earning Membership Rewards Points
The Amex Business Gold card earns 4 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent on the first $150,000 in combined annual purchases made in 2 of the following categories:
- Airfare purchased directly from airlines
- U.S. advertising, U.S. gas stations (including fuel and non-fuel)
- U.S. restaurants, U.S. shipping (including UPS and FedEx)
- Computer technology (including hardware, software, and cloud computing services)
The $150,000 is a very high spending cap, so cardholders shouldn’t have much trouble earning a large number of Membership Rewards points at a high rate.
All other purchases earn an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent, including purchases in the 2 bonus categories after meeting the $150,000 annual spending cap.
Your points don’t expire as long as your account is open. In addition, there are no limits to the amount of points you earn.
Redeeming Membership Rewards Points
Membership Rewards points earned can be redeemed for general merchandise, travel, transportation (including Uber rides), gift cards, and statement credits.
Redemption minimums start at 1,000 and vary by redemption method. Generally, Membership Rewards points are worth 1 cent apiece when redeemed for merchandise. When redeeming for statement credits, they’re worth way less than that. You can also transfer points to one of American Express’s 16 partner airlines.
I highly recommend redeeming your points for travel. As an Amex Business Gold card member, you earn a 25% bonus when you redeem points for eligible travel purchases, including airfare, through the American Express Travel portal. Therefore, your points earned with the Amex Business Gold card are worth 1.25 cents apiece when redeemed for airfare. This makes them much more valuable than the average rewards card value.
American Express Business Gold Benefits
The Amex Business Gold card comes with standard travel and purchase protections. These include 24/7 global assistance, 24/7 roadside assistance, baggage insurance for stolen or damaged luggage, and extended warranties on all purchased items with original warranties of five years or less. Some other benefits you should know about are:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee. The Amex Business Gold doesn’t have a foreign transaction fee, a nice perk for cardmembers who travel outside the U.S. often. Many competing business credit cards charge up to 3%.
- No Charge for Roadside Assistance. Many cards offer roadside assistance benefits. However, it’s usually a business trick, since you’re responsible for whatever charges you might incur. The Amex Business Gold card actually pays for services rendered, up to four times in a calendar year. This includes towing (up to 10 miles), a jump-start, and tire changes.
- Pay Over Time. Because the Amex Business Gold card is a charge card, you must to pay your balance in full at the end of each billing period. If you fail to do so, you risk account closure after two consecutive periods of non-full payment. However, American Express’s Pay Over Time feature allows longstanding cardmembers to avoid this requirement on purchases over $100. Pay Over Time allows cardholders to carry balances indefinitely, with interest, from month to month. Like carried balances on regular credit cards, Pay Over Time balances accumulate interest charges at variable rates, depending on prevailing interest rates.
Take advantage of what the American Express® Business Gold Card has to offer. Small business owners earn 4 Membership Rewards points per $1 spent in 2 popular spending categories, up to $150,000 spent. These programs will allow you to grow your business even more. If you can utilize all the perks this card has to offer, the $295 annual fee won’t be much. Check this card out if you want some amazing perks and benefits. Or if you’re not interested, find our complete list of credit card promotions today!
Learn more about this card and its features here.
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|Discover Cashback Debit||$360 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|