Available nationwide, BBVA offers competitive rates along with their Certificate of Deposit (CD) accounts. Currently, you can earn up to a 2.25% APY Rate with terms ranging from 12 months to 36 months.
For all CDs, the minimum deposit is $500. You can apply for a CD account at any one of their in-branch locations or online. The interest rates vary by location. Local branches in different areas may offer different rates, so you should call a local branch to get the latest rates. To earn the highest rate, I recommend applying for an account online.
If you are currently interested in a new CD account, be sure to apply as soon as you can, as the rates are subject to change! Find more offers from BBVA on our list of BBVA Bonuses. In addition, you can also check out other great promotions from banks such as HSBC Bank, Chase Bank, Huntington Bank, Discover Bank, TD Bank, or CIT Bank.
|BBVA Money Market||2.00% APY||Review|
|BBVA Online Checking||No Monthly Fee||Review|
|BBVA Free Checking||No Monthly Fee||Review|
|BBVA Certificate of Deposit||2.25% APY||Review|
Table of Contents
BBVA CD Account Information
- Direct Link to Offer
- Account Type: Certificate of Deposit Account
- Rate: Up to 2.25% APY Rate
- Availability: Nationwide except for AK and HI
- Branches in AL, AZ, CA, CO, FL, NM & TX (Bank Locator)
- CD Length: Up to 36 Months
- Soft/Hard Pull: Soft Pull
- Minimum Balance Requirement: $500
- Early Withdrawal Fee: None
- Auto-Renewal: Unknown
- Open a BBVA CD account online.
- Enter your information, such as your address, phone, email, and Social security number
- Fund your account with as little as $500. You can transfer funds from an existing account or send a check.
- Verify information and electronically sign your application.
- BBVA will send a confirmation email, then watch the mail for your welcome email.
|Term Length||Online APY|
BBVA CD Account Features
- Safe investing – Never worry about market volatility with an 18 or 36-month CD. Simply lock in funds and wait until they mature.
- No maintenance fees – Some banks charge you extra to maintain your CD account. Not BBVA.
- Online account access – Access your account anytime, anywhere with our award-winning Mobile Banking app and Online Banking.
- Interest rates and Annual Percentage Yield are subject to change at any time at the discretion of BBVA.
- CD accounts subject to approval.
- $500 minimum opening deposit required to earn advertised APY.
- Advertised APYs are only available for new CDs and for the initial CD term.
- Advertised APYs will not apply for subsequent renewals terms.
- Fees could reduce earnings on the account. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal.
- $250,000 maximum deposit for CD accounts opened online.
- BBVA opens CD accounts that have no certificate known as Time Deposits or TDs.
Earn a competitively high APY Rate with the BBVA CD account! Their rates are currently higher than the national average. The best rates from BBVA are available through online CDs, so make sure to check them out.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|