The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card is designed for travelers who aren’t heavy spenders. This is the no-annual-fee version of Capital One’s popular travel rewards card.
New applicants earn 20,000 Miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening. In addition, if you book stays using Hotels.com, or if you don’t, this card may entice you to do even more booking thanks to Capital One’s partnership with them.
Cardholders earn 1.25X miles per dollar on every purchase, every day. So if you’re interested, now is a great time to apply and earn your extra miles.
In addition, Capital One recently introduced a set of 14 airline partners which you can transfer miles to. This gives the card more value and flexibility, potentially allowing you to earn more than 1 cent per mile.
Table of Contents
Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card Summary
Redeem your miles for travel expenses, cash back statement credits, gift cards, merchandise, and mile transfers. It’s best to redeem for travel expenses or transfer them. The other non-travel redemption options provide less than 1 cent per mile. You can redeem for either past or upcoming travel expenses. Since miles don’t expire, you can hold on to them until you can redeem them this way.
Travel expenses are worth 1 cent per mile. The types of eligible travel expenses include airfare, hotels, buses, taxis, car, rentals, rail lines, limo services, cruise lines, travel agents, and time shares. Past travel expenses from the last 90 days can be paid for with miles using the Purchase Eraser system. New travel reservations can be booked with miles through Capital One’s website or by calling customer support.
Miles can also be used to pay for travel reservations as you make them. You’ll need to book travel either through Capital One’s website or by calling customer support to redeem them.
You can transfer your Capital One miles to 14 different airline loyalty programs. This option may provide a better value than 1 cent per mile. Most of the transfer rates are 2:1.5, though some partners have a lesser rate.
Capital One airline partners include:
|Aeromexico Club Premier||Air France KLM Flying Blue||Air Canada Aeroplan|
|Alitalia MilleMiglia Program||Asia Miles (Cathay Pacific)||Avianca LifeMiles|
|Emirates Skywards||Etihad Airways Etihad Guest||EVA Air Infinity MileageLands|
|Finnair Plus||Hainan Airlines Fortune Wings Club||JetBlue TrueBlue|
|Qantas Frequent Flyer||Qatar Airways Privilege Club||Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer|
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card comes with great travel perks. These include Travel Accident Insurance, 24-Hour Travel Assistance Services, and Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. Other benefits you can use include:
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: You won’t pay a transaction fee when making purchases outside of the United States.
- Extended Warranty Protection: Double the manufacturer’s warranty of your purchase, up to one extra year for warranties of three years or less. Receive a maximum of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 per cardholder.
- Fraud Coverage: You’re covered by $0 Fraud Liability if your card is ever lost or stolen.
- Security Alerts: Get personalized emails or text messages to stay on top of the security of your account.
- CreditWise from Capital One: You can monitor your credit with CreditWise. It’s free for everyone—whether or not you have a Capital One credit card—and it won’t hurt your score.
If you’re in the market for a low-cost travel card, the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card is a decent choice, especially if you use Hotels.com. You have the option to use the Purchase Eraser tool to pay for past travel expenses, book for future travel, or transfer to Capital One’s various airline partners at your pleasure.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers bonus miles and unlimited 2X miles on all purchases. This card is a better option if you spend enough to offset the card’s cost.
Otherwise, for more perks and rewards for paying an annual fee, check out our complete list of credit card promotions for more options. You can also check out what other credit cards Capital One offers.
Learn more about the Capital One Venture Rewards and apply here!
Other Credit Cards To Consider
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on grocery store purchases (not including Target or Walmart purchases) on up to $12,000 spent in the first year.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• Earn 5% on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards, 3% on dining and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers $200 cash back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 3% Cash Back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores, plus 1% on all other purchases.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
Better Travel Rewards With An Annual Fee:
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card offers 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
You get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee & reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
This card carries a $95 annual fee.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time bonus of 60,000 miles once you spend $3,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $600 in travel.
You're able to earn 2X miles on every purchase, every day.
This card does come with a $95 annual fee. Enjoy no foreign transaction fees and receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✔®.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
You'll have the opportunity to earn:
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery, plus, earn 4X points for Uber Eats purchases too.
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).