I’m sure that everyone heard of Chase’s Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier or Plus, however, a card you may not be so familiar on is the SouthWest Classic Card. The card earns 2x the points for each $1 spent on purchases made directly with Southwest Airlines, including flight, inflight, Southwest gift card, and Southwest Airlines Vacations® package purchases and 1x the points for each $1 spent on all other purchases, all at an affordable $39 annual fee.
Editor’s Note: Only way you can get your hands on this card is by downgrading from either the Premier or Plus.
|Chase Business Complete BankingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
Table of Contents
Alternative Credit Card Bonuses:
- Chase UnitedSM TravelBank Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Barclaycard Arrival PlusTM World Elite MasterCard®
Chase Southwest Classic Card Summary:
- Maximum Bonus: N/A
- Spending Requirement: N/A
- Best Feature: 2x on SouthWest
- Annual Fee: $39
- Bonus Worth: N/A
- Expiration Date: No expiration
Southwest Classic Card Features:
- 2 points/$1 spent on Southwest Airlines® purchases: flight, inflight, Southwest gift card, and Southwest Airlines Vacations® package purchases
- 1 point/$1 spent on all other purchases
- $39 annual fee
Lets face it, this card is a diluted Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Plus at a $39 annual fee, you’ll be receiving 2x the points on Southwest Airlines purchases and 1x on all other purchases. It is still an option or what not, but with the anniversary points and 2x points you earn on not only Southwest Airlines purchases, but hotels and car rentals as well, a $30-$60 difference in annual fee isn’t really questionable. Note that your points are worth more than 1 CPP when redeemed for travel directly from SouthWest Airlines. If you’re still looking for other deals, you can find our complete list of Best Credit Card Promotions for any and all of your credit card necessities!
The Citi Premier® Card offers 60,000 Bonus Points after making $4,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.
• NEW! 3X Points at Restaurants
• NEW! 3X Points at Supermarkets
• 3X Points at Gas Stations
• 3X Points on Air Travel and Hotels
• 1X Points on All Other Purchases
You'll be able to enjoy $100 off a single hotel stay of $500 or more, excluding taxes and fees, through thankyou.com, once per calendar year.
This card comes with a $95 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.