The Citi® Double Cash Card is one of the best cash back credit cards that has malleable spending and there aren’t any annual fees included. Earn $200 cash back after spending $1,500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening
This card can last for a long-term, market-leading cash back rate choice. With this card you’ll be able to gain 1% cash back for all your expenses, and another 1% cash back after you pay off your expenses.
Citi Double Cash card comes with no annual fees, which means it’s a great option for people who don’t spend much and want to use their rewards to its full potential with different credit cards. Other cash back cards who are competing on the same platform with no annual fees that are able to be malleable on their spending normally earns about 1% to 1.5% (more on that below).
Visit Citi Bank for more bonuses on Checking Accounts.
Citi® Double Cash Card Summary
- Earn $200 cash back after spending $1,500 on purchases in the first 6 months of account opening.
- Earn 2% cashback on purchases:
- 1% cashback for every dollar sent
- 1% cashback for every dollar paid off
- 3% fee for foreign transactions
- No annual fee
2% Cash Back & More with Citi Double Cash
With the Citi Double Cash, you will be able to gain 1% cash back for your expenses, no matter what spending option you chose. After you’ve paid off your card for those expenses you will get another 1% cash back reward. However, if you already have a balance on your account, then the additional 1% won’t be given to you immediately, so it’s good to make sure your account is in good standing.
There won’t be a cap placed for how much cash back you’re able to get with the max 2% rate. Make sure to pay the bare minimum due to be able to gain the extra 1% cash back if your balance isn’t being paid off completely every month.
What Doesn’t Earn Cash Back
You won’t be able to gain cash back for things such as: balance transfers, cash advances, account fees, interest, or returned items. Once you make an eligible purchase, the Purchase Tracker will keep track of how much you’ll be able to gain for cash back.
What are the Cash Back Redemption Options?
- Checks mailed to you
- Statement credits
- Gift cards
With the cash back credit card, there won’t be any rewards conversions. There is a 1-2% value that you’ll be able to use to redeem for cash back.
Citi’s Price Rewind
Citi’s Price Rewind will allow you to apply the expenses you made with the Double Cash online and gain money back. Citi Bank will look for these purchases online with a variety of retailers, and give you the difference back if they see a smaller price for that item in 60 days after you bought it. Then you will be able to get the refund of about $300 for every item, a max of $1,200 for refunds annually.
Late Fee Forgiveness
Citi Bank will waive your first late fee if you forget to pay the monthly bill for your credit card. If you call them immediately, it should be fine, lots of other credit card issuers will normally allow you to do this.
Who’s this Card Good For?
- People who aren’t willing to keep track of the ever changing categories and rewards limitations for those choices.
- Customers who want to use their rewards to their full potential. With this card as a substitute for other cards that allows them to gain a larger cash back for their spending options.
Who’s this Card Bad For?
- People who want a faster short-term value for their sign-up bonuses.
- Customers that want to redeem cash back for: flights, hotels, and other travelling options.
- Clients that require a credit card to travel overseas. Citi Double Cash has an additional 3% foreign transaction fee.
- Users who typically spend a decent amount of money on specific spending options that most cards offer larger rates for traveling and dining.