Frequent Target shoppers can save 5% at Target and Target.com with the Target REDcard credit card. Users can get just that plus additional features such as free shipping on most items at Target.com, extended returns (30 extra days), all on top of no annual fee.
You’ll also be able to combine your 5% REDcard savings with Cartwheel, Target Subscriptions and/or coupons for that even deeper discount on your target purchases.
Plus, until April 20, 2019, new applicants can sign up for a REDcard debit or credit card and get a coupon for $50 off a $150 shopping trip. You must be approved by April 20 or else you won’t receive the bonus.
Editor’s Note: There’s currently two versions of the REDCard: credit and debit. Both offer practically the same benefits, no gimmicks, no strings attached. However, the credit card version comes with a high standard interest APR as well as high late payment and missed payment fees.
Target REDcard Credit Card Summary
- 5% off purchases every day in store and online at Target.com
- Free shipping at Target.com
- Extra 30 days for returns
- Target donates 1% of your REDcard purchases made at Target and Target.com to the eligible K-12 school of your choice
- Chip-and-PIN Enabled
- Manage account and make payments online
- No annual fee
- Direct Link To Offer
- Get a coupon for $50 off a $150 qualifying purchase when you are approved for a debit or credit REDcard in-stores and at Target.com between 4/7/19–4/20/19.
- Get a coupon for $50 off a $150 qualifying purchase after being approved for a debit or credit REDcard in-stores and at Target.com between 4/7/19–4/20/19.
- The coupon will be mailed to approved cardholders with their REDcard and will be valid through May 25, 2019
- Excludes gift cards, prepaid cards, alcohol, milk, select baby products (DockATot, Halo, Owlet, Peg Perego, Philips Avent), select toys (Barbie Dreamhouse, Fisher-Price Imaginext Jurassic Rex, Hot Wheels Corkscrew Crash, Thomas & Friends Super Station), Elf on the Shelf, LEGO, L.O.L. Surprise House, Bose, JBL, Sonos, Apple, Fitbit, Tile, Google Home/Mini/Max, LG OLED TV, Samsung TVs, GoPro, DSLR cameras & lenses, mobile contracts, Nintendo hardware and Switch games, PS4 hardware, Xbox hardware, Red Dead Redemption II video games, Vitamix, Weber, Traeger, Tylenol pain relief, clinic & pharmacy, and Target Optical.
If you like shopping at Target, the Target REDcard credit card could rack up some nice savings, including an immediate 5% discount on your Target and Target.com purchases.
Now, for some of you, I would much rather recommend to you the debit card rather than the credit card since you don’t need to hold a balance and rack up interest APR if you don’t pay on time.
However, if you’re a responsible Target shopper and you’d like to build up your credit, then the REDcard credit card could prove to be a good option.
Note that there are exclusions that apply within triggering your 5% discount, be sure to read thoroughly over it prior. Review our entire list of credit card promotions for more options.
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.