The World Of Hyatt Credit Card is one of the best hotel cards available for frequent Hyatt guests due to the notable rewards it offers. While it does come with a $95 annual fee, this card will be well worth it for most cardholders.
New applicants can earn up to 50,000 bonus points with this card. Earn 25,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Then, earn an additional 25,000 bonus points after you spend a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
The most valuable perk on this credit card is its free anniversary award night bonus. Cardholders can redeem their free night’s stay at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort, enough to seem like the $95 annual fee is nothing.
The major downside to this card is that Hyatt doesn’t have as many properties as other hotel brands. This may be problematic if you frequently travel to smaller cities. However, if you only visit large metropolitan areas, there should always be a Hyatt available wherever you go.
Table of Contents
The World Of Hyatt Credit Card Summary
With The World Of Hyatt Credit Card:
• Earn 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, 25,000 Bonus Points after you spend $6,000 total within 6 months of account opening.
• Free nights start at 5,000 points
• Receive 1 free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort after your Cardmember anniversary
• Earn an extra free night at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year
• Get automatic World of Hyatt Elite status and 5 qualifying night credits every year as long as your account is open
• Earn 2 qualifying night credits towards tier status everytime you spend $5,000 on your card
• Earn 9 points total for Hyatt stays - 4 Bonus Points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 you can earn as a World of Hyatt member
• Earn 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent at restaurants, on airlines tickets purchased directly from the airlines, on local transit and commuting and on fitness club and gym memberships
Learn More About This Card Here
Earn 4X Points At Hyatt Properties
With the World Of Hyatt Credit Card, cardholders earn unlimited 4 points per $1 spent on Hyatt hotel and resort purchases.
For restaurant purchases, airline tickets purchased directly from the airline, local transit and commuting purchases, and fitness and gym club membership purchases, you earn unlimited 2 points per $1 spent.
All other purchases earn an unlimited 1 point per $1 spent.
Redeem your Hyatt points for hotel stays, room upgrades, restaurants and spas, car rentals, and airfare.
You can also transfer Hyatt points to a number of popular airline partners at a 5:2 ratio. Examples include American Airlines and Southwest Airlines.
However, hotel night redemptions earn you much better value. Use your points for free nights’ stays at any participating Hyatt properties worldwide. The Hyatt free night award chart makes it easy to redeem your points.
Standard room redemptions start at 5,000 points for budget-friendly Category 1 properties, and range up to 30,000 points for luxury Category 7 properties. Other types of room redemptions vary.
You can use Hyatt’s Points + Cash feature to combine points and cash. This is a great option if you don’t have enough points to cover the full cost of a room. Redemption thresholds are subject to change at any time.
World of Hyatt Discoverist Status
Automatically earn Discoverist Status with the World of Hyatt Credit Card. Benefits include a 10% bonus on all base points earned on Hyatt stays, late checkout at 2pm, complimentary premium Internet in your room, and preferred room upgrades where available.
This is normally available when you rack up a minimum of 10 paid nights or 25,000 bonus points (points earned on stays only) in a calendar year.
As a cardmember in good standing, you get 5 free night credits toward your next tier status each year. Plus, with every $5,000 in qualifying purchases, you get an additional 2 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status.
Anniversary Award Nights
As long as your account remains open and in good standing, you’ll earn a free award night on your cardmember anniversary. You can redeem this benefit for a free night’s stay at any Category 1-4 Hyatt property, except Hyatt Zilara or Ziva properties.
In addition, when you spend at least $15,000 in eligible purchases in a cardmember anniversary year, you get an additional free award night. Redeem this for another free night’s stay at any participating Category 1-4 Hyatt property.
The exact value of a free Hyatt hotel or resort night will depend on where and when you use it. However, it can easily exceed $150 for a Category 4 Hyatt property.
- Complementary Hyatt Discoverist Status: As long as you keep your card, you receive this complementary status. You earn 10% bonus on all base points earned on Hyatt stays, late checkout (2pm), complementary in-room WiFi, and preferred room upgrades where available. Plus, get 5 qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every year. In addition, earn 2 additional qualifying night credits toward your next tier status every time you spend $5,000 on your card. Note that qualifying night credit is for elite status, not free nights. Discoverist Status generally needs a minimum of 10 paid nights or 25,000 bonus points in a calendar year. Take note that the 25,000 bonus points must be earned from stays.
- Free Night Certificate: Earn one free night certificate redeemable at category 1-4 Hyatt hotel each anniversary year. This perk is more than enough to cover the cost annual fee if you can use it effectively, especially at a Category 4 property redemption.
- Extra Free Night: Earn an extra free night at any category 1-4 Hyatt hotel or resort if you spend $15,000 during your cardmember anniversary year.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee: Use this card outside the U.S. to earn your points without paying a foreign transaction fee.
People who travel frequently and enjoy staying at Hyatt properties should look into getting the World Of Hyatt Credit Card. Users receive one free night at a Hyatt hotel or resort each card anniversary year. This benefit alone is worth the $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. Additionally, you can receive additional free night if you spend at least $15,000 on the card within an anniversary year.
However, if you’re looking for more versatile cards to redeem for other types of travel purchases, I would not recommend this one. Instead, check out the Chase Sapphire Preferred® or the Capital One® Venture® Rewards card for those opportunities. You can find them and other credit card promotions in our list.
Learn more about this card here.