The Royal Caribbean Visa Signature credit card from Bank of America has an introductory offer of: 10,000 MyCruise bonus points. The value of these 10k points will be worth about $100. Even though this isn’t the best welcome bonus there is to offer, there are certain qualifications you’d have to gain beforehand.
This Royal Caribbean credit card will be a great match for you if you travel with Royal Caribbean or any of its sister brands such as: Celebrite Cruises (card review here) or Azamara Club Cruises.
However, this specific cruise branded credit card won’t give you much value for daily usage. Also, it won’t give you any loyalty perks. So if you want a rewards card that will give you more benefits, then you should look into a non-branded travel credit card elsewhere.
Table of Contents
Royal Caribbean Visa Card Quick Facts
|Bonus Available||Receive 10,000 bonus points once you charge your card for the first time in 90 days of opening your account.|
|Travel Credit||Gain a one-time $50 Air2Sea airfare discount after you spend a minimum of $3,500 in the first 90 days of opening your account.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Get 2 points for each $1 used for eligible expenses with Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara Club Cruises.
Earn 1 point for each $1 used towards other qualifying expenses.
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||No|
*Royal Caribbean is issued by BoA. See our list of BoA bonuses for Checking & Savings accounts.*
- No annual fee
- Bonus points
- Airfare credit
- No foreign transaction fee
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Limited redemption options
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
Royal Caribbean Card 10,000 Bonus Points Offer
Make use of the Royal Caribbean credit card’s offer of: 10,000 MyCruise bonus points. The value of these points will be worth about $100.
You must charge your card for the first time in 90 days of having your account open to be able to qualify for this card offer. There won’t be a certain amount you have to build up to stress over.
What are MyCruises Points Worth?
Compared to other point based credit cards, depending on how you decide to use your points will reflect their value. Every MyCruise point will be worth about $0.01. This will be equivalent to the industrial average across other credit cards.
If you’re ready to redeem your points, you will be presented with a couple choices such as:
- Stateroom upgrades
- Cruise discounts
- Cruise vacations
- Onboard credits or amenities
- Companion fares
- Charitable donations
The values for each point will stay the same for all of the redemption choices. In other words, it won’t matter how you choose to cash in your rewards, you will still be able to receive the best value for them in the end.
Royal Caribbean Credit Card Top Features
Receive $50 off an airline ticket bought from the Royal Caribbean Air2Sea program. You have to charge your card with a minimum of $3,500 in the first 90 days of having your account open to be able to qualify for this perk.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement:
Buy things overseas without stressing over any foreign transaction fees with the Royal Caribbean credit card.
Other than the welcome bonus offer this Royal Caribbean credit card won’t give you any memorable bells or whistles. There is more value for this card if you are a frequent cruiser. However, many people will benefit more from a general cash back or travel rewards credit card offer.
(Visit Royal Caribbean for more information)
What’s the Competition?
There are some of Royal Caribbean Visa Signature credit card’s top competitors listed below.
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
• 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
• Unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The American Express® Gold Card offers 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months. Terms apply.
• 4X Membership Rewards Points on Restaurants, including takeout and delivery
• 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases, then 1X).
This card has an annual fee of $250 with no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees).
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card offers 20,000 Miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee.
This card comes with no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees which is a great choice as your go-to travel card!
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
• 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
• 3X points on dining
• 3X points on select streaming services and online grocery purchases
• 2X points on all other travel purchases
• 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit and when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, you'll get 25% more value!
This card carries a $95 annual fee.