The Korean Air SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa Card has an introductory offer of: 5,000 bonus SKYPASS miles once you make your first purchase. The value for the 5k points will be worth about $85. This isn’t necessarily the best bonus there is to offer, but it doesn’t have any annual fees attached.
Korean Air is the largest airline in South Korea, they fly to more than 120 cities in over 40 countries. They will give you some co-branded credit cards, and the SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa comes with no annual fees. With that in mind, this credit card won’t really come with any eye catching perks and benefits.
If you want a credit card that offers you more perks, then you should look into the SKYPASS Visa Signature credit card.
You can compare this card to 4 other SKYPASS credit cards such as:
- SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card
- SKYPASS Visa Signature Card
- SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa Card (subject of this page)
- SKYPASS Visa Business Card
Table of Contents
SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa Card Quick Facts
|Bonus Available||Receive a 5,000 bonus miles once you make your first purchase.|
|Travel Credit||No travel credit|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Get 1 mile for each $2 used towards qualifying expenses.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||Gain 2% in USD, 3% in foreign currencies.|
|Airport Lounge Access||N/A|
*SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa is issued by U.S. Bank. Compare this to other credit card offers.*
- No annual fee
- Partner airlines
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Low earning potential
- Complicated rewards
- Foreign transaction fees
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate. Enjoy new 5% categories each quarter!
• 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service
• Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back.
This card has no annual fee.
SkyBlue SKYPASS Card 5,000 Bonus Miles Offer
Make use of the SkyBlue SKYPASS card’s introductory offer of: 5,000 SKYPASS bonus miles. The evaluation for these points will be worth about $85 (more on that below).
You have to charge your card with it’s first purchase to be able to qualify. There aren’t any limitations for spending or time to stress over.
What are Korean Air SKYPASS Miles Worth?
Compared to other airline-branded credit cards, depending on how you choose to use your miles will reflect their value. You are able to redeem your miles towards flights and upgrades for Korean Air and partnered SkyTeam airlines. There are plenty of non-SkyTeam airlines that you can go to for redeeming your miles towards flights.
Typically, every SKYPASS mile will be worth about $0.017. This is an excellent value since the average is about $0.01 per point for other cards on this platform. This will also kind of make up for the low earning potential this card has.
Your SKYPASS miles can be used for:
- Flights (Korean Air, SkyTeam partners, non-SkyTeam partners)
- Upgrades (Korean Air, SkyTeam partners)
- KAL Lounge access
- Excess baggage (Korean Air)
- Hotel stays
- Car rentals
- KAL limousines
- Coatroom Service
- Visits to Jeju Folk Village Museum
To get the best value for your miles, it’s better to use them towards flights with Korean Air or one of their partnered airlines. When you want to redeem your rewards by doing this, it won’t be an easy task. However, the extra work you put into it will be well worth your time and effort.
SkyTeam Member Airlines
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- Korean Air
- MEA (Middle East Airlines)
- China Eastern
- Czech Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines
- Xiamen Air
Korean Air’s Non-SkyTeam Member Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- China Southern
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Japan Airlines
- Etihad Airways
- GOL Airlines
- Jet Airways
With the SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa Card, it won’t charge you a thing to carry this credit card. However, they don’t have much to offer for their earning rates, it’s better to use the recommended credit card options instead.
(Visit SkyBlue for more information)
What’s the Competition?
There are some of SkyBlue SKYPASS Visa credit card’s top competitors listed below.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited Card offers an additional 1.5% cash back on everything you buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) - worth up to $300 cash back!
Enjoy 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards, our premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards and more; 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service, and 3% on all other purchases (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year).
In addition, you can earn (after your first year or $20,000 spent):
• 5% cash back on Chase travel purchased through Ultimate Rewards
• 3% cash back on drugstore purchases and dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery service,
• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on all other purchases.
There is no minimum to redeem for cash back & your cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open.
This card comes with no annual fee and you'll get a free credit score that is updated weekly with Credit JourneySM.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers $200 Cash Back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
• 1.5% Cash Back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
• Unlimited 5% cash back on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you'll get Capital One's best prices on thousands of trip options. Terms apply.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card offers 20,000 Miles once you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn 1.25 Miles per dollar on every purchase, every day and pay no annual fee.
This card comes with no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees which is a great choice as your go-to travel card!