The USAA Military Affiliate American Express Card has an introductory offer of: 2,500 bonus points when you charge your card for the first time. The value of the bonus points will be worth about $25. This is a good welcome offer especially looking at the spending requirements with this card. This spending requirement is close to the bottom of the list of other credit card offers.
Gain rewards for your purchases while you give your choice of military affiliate groups a promotion. With this card you will be able to gain 2x points for gas and groceries, and 1x points for any other expenses. There will be no annual fees and no cap on how much can be gained, even no foreign transaction fees included. The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card will also allow you to gain an unlimited 2% cash back for grocery shopping. See our list of other welcome offers for more information on the SavorOne Cash Rewards credit card.
Table of Contents
USAA Military Affiliate American Express Card Quick Facts
|Bonus Available||Receive 2,500 bonus points after charging your card for the first time.|
|Ongoing Rewards/Benefits||Gain 2 points for each $1 used for gas and grocery purchases, and 1 point for each $1 used for daily expenses.|
|Foreign Transaction Fees?||No|
*If interested see our list of USAA Bank for bonus promotions.*
- No annual fee
- Bonus categories
- Military benefits
- Support a military affiliate
- No foreign transaction fees
- USAA membership required
- Good-Excellent credit needed to qualify
- Modest welcome bonus
Editor’s Alternate Pick
The Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
You'll earn an unlimited 3% cash back on dining, entertainment, popular streaming services and at grocery stores (excluding superstores like Walmart and Target, plus 1% on all other purchases.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees.
USAA Military Affiliate American Express Card 2,500 Bonus Points
Make use of the USAA Military Affiliate American Express card’s introductory offer of: 2,500 bonus points. The value of these points will be worth about $25 (more on that below).
You must charge your card for the first time to be able to qualify for this credit card offer. There will also be no time limitations to stress over with this card.
What are USAA Rewards Points Worth?
Depending on which reward benefit you choose to use when you have to redeem your points will have their values depend on that option. However, your points can get a bigger redemption value (and worth more) when you choose specific reward benefits. The value for these points will most likely be around $0.01. This will be equal to the industry average for other cards.
When redeeming your points, you can use them towards:
- Airline Travel Reward: used for airline ticket expenses.
- Merchandise and Gift Reward: applied to certain merchandise and gift cards.
- Cash Reward: used towards cash credits to your account or when deposited to your USAA checking or savings account.
- Charitable Contribution Reward: can be donated to participating charity organizations.
- Cruise Travel Reward: used for cruise ticket expenses.
To receive the best value for your points, then it would be best to use them towards airline or cruise travels. If you do this then the value for your points can be increased if you time it correctly.
However, the amount of points you would need for airline or cruise traveling rewards will vary. They will change without warning so they won’t be able to promised until after you’ve redeemed your points. If you want more information about redemption levels, visit USAA Rewards Service Center on usaa.com.
USAA Military Affiliate American Express Card Top Features
Opening your USAA Military Affiliate account, you will be able to pick the affiliate group that you want to support for many different military branches and veteran organizations. This would include the groups such as:
- Air Force affiliates
- Air Force Association (AFA)
- Blue Star Families (BSF)
- Civil Air Patrol (CAP)
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- Army affiliates
- 101st Airborne Division Association (101st)
- Army Athletics (AA)
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV)
- Society of the First Infantry Division
- Coast Guard affiliates
- Coast Guard Exchange (CGX)
- Fleet Reserve Association (FRA)
- Naval Aviation Museum Foundation (NAMF)
- U.S. Naval Institute (USNI)
- Marines affiliates
- 1st Marine Division Association (FMDA)
- Marine Corps Association & Foundation
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
- The U.S. Navy Memorial (USNM)
- Navy affiliates
- Association of the U.S. Navy (AUSN)
- USNA Alumni Association & Navy Athletics
- Norwich University Alumni Association (NUAA)
- Virginia Military Institute Alumni Association (VMIAA)
- Veteran Groups
- The American Legion
- American Veterans (AMVETS)
- Military Order of the Purple Heart (MORPH)
- The Sons of the American Legions
To see the whole list, visit usaa.com
Active duty members qualify for additional benefits, including:
- Deployment/PCS rate: Receive a 4% APR (less than SCRA requirements) for all your balances up to 12 months when you are deployed or PCS.
- Special SCRA rate. If you have an existing balance on your account when you go into active duty, you will gain 4% APR for that current balance until a year after you’ve completed your active duty.
- Access to deployment team: Informed staff will be able to assist you at any time before, during, or after your deployment.
Buy things overseas without having to stress about any foreign transaction fees with the USAA Military Affiliate American Express credit card.
The USAA Military Affiliate American Express card has comparable qualities to the USAA Military Affiliate Visa Signature Credit Card. However, the American Express card will give you 2x points for gas and groceries when the Visa Signature card will only give you a flat rate of 1x.
But, the American Express card won’t be applied worldwide for a Visa card. If you shop in places that will accept an American Express card, then you should get the USAA Military Affiliate credit card.
(Visit USAA Military for more information)
What’s the Competiton?
There are some of USAA Military Affiliate American Express credit card’s top competitors listed below.
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers a one-time $200 cash bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening.
You'll be able to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day with no rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards.
This card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees which makes this card a viable option for your go-to everyday card.
The Chase Freedom Flex offers a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
• 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in combined purchases in bonus categories each quarter you activate.
• 5% on travel purchased through Chase, 3% on dining at restaurants and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
You cash back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open and there is no minimum to redeem for cash back. You'll be able to new 5% categories each quarter!
This card has no annual fee.
BONUS LINK OFFER REVIEW
Chase Business Complete BankingSM $300 Cash Review
Bank of America Checking $100 Offer Review
HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC $450 Cash Review
HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC Up To $600 Review
Citi Priority Account Package $700 Cash
With required activities.
TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Cash Review
TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM $150 Cash Review
Huntington 25 Checking $300 Cash Review
Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking $750 Cash Review
Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking $400 Cash Review
Huntington Bank Business Checking 100 $200 Cash Review
Discover Bank Cashback Debit $360 Debit Cashback Review
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking $200 Cash Review
Aspiration $150 Cash Review
Axos Bank Basic Business Checking $100 Cash Review
Ally Invest Up to $3,000 Cash Review
BlockFi Up To $250 BTC Review