With no category limitations or quarterly activations, this card is incredibly useful for those who are looking for a consistent rewards program. Additionally, with no annual fee you can be assured that every swipe earns a small sum of your money back.
While the cash back feature lets you earn money, the 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and on qualifying balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR (balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee), helps you save money. The low intro APR rate helps those looking to transfer high-interest balances or are wanting to finance large purchases.
To top it all off, there is a generous sign up bonus of $150 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months.
If you’re interested, find more offers from Wells Fargo, check out all the ongoing Checking/Savings account bonuses!
Table of Contents
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card Summary
With the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
• Earn a $150 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in the first 3 months
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on purchases
• Enjoy 1.8% cash rewards on qualified digital wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Google Pay™, during the first 12 months from account opening
• No category restrictions or sign ups and cash rewards don't expire as long as your account remains open
• Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card
• $0 Annual Fee
Earning The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Bonus
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise offers a generous cash bonus introductory offer. It’s a great bonus considering it comes with no annual fee.
To qualify, charge at least $1,000 to your card within the first 3 months of opening your account. Though that may sound much, here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement:
• Plastiq: Plastiq allows you to pay for expenses that you generally won’t be able to with your card like rent, tuition, auto lease, mortgage payment, and more. There’s a 2.5% processing fee for using your credit card. However, this’ll be worth the card bonus you’ll get. There’s also a referral program where you can earn “Fee-Free Dollars” to use towards processing fees. See our Plastiq review.
• Fund Checking accounts with your card: Many banks will allow you to fund the opening deposit with a credit card. Consider opening Checking accounts that also offer a sign-up bonus. This way, you can work towards bonuses from two different sources. Big banks like Chase, HSBC, Huntington, and TD Bank have great offers and allow credit card funding. You can generally fund anywhere from $50 to $1,000 towards the opening deposit with a credit card, depending on the bank.
• Buy gift cards: Consider buying gift cards with your credit card that you can then spend later at your leisure. Individual merchant cards (restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, etc.) generally don’t have purchase fees, so this is a plus. On the other hand, American Express and Visa gift cards will have purchase fees. Amazon gift cards are a great idea as you can shop for almost anything there with no purchase fees either. Unfortunately, Citi credit cards tend to code gift card purchases as Cash Advances and there’ll be a fee. Call in to customer service and lower your Cash Advance limit to $0 before purchasing gift cards. You can also buy discounted gift cards as well from Raise or find gift cards on eBay.
• Everyday spending & bills: Always using your credit card for everyday spending, such as for dining, gas, groceries, etc. You can also use your credit card to pay for things like insurance bills, property taxes and income taxes. However, you’ll have to consider the convenience fees.
Unlimited 1.5% Cash Rewards
For those who don’t know, Cash Rewards are rewards you earn when you make a purchase. Different cards offer different amounts of cash rewards, and the higher the better. These cash rewards can then later on be redeemed whenever you’d like. Sometimes, specific cards will give a different amount of bonus points back for different categories. For example, a card could offer 2% cash rewards back on gas purchases, but only 1% back on dining purchases.
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card in particular, offers a sizable 1.5% Cash Rewards. This means for any purchase you make, you get 1.5% of the purchase’s total back! This is a great feature to have on a card because it helps you earn money back when you’d typically just be spending it. To make it even better, this card has no category limitations or quarterly activations,so you can have all the benefits of cash back with no extra hassle.
1.8% Back on Mobile Devices
To maximize your savings with the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card and to take advantage of this cards fullest capabilities, you can download Apple Pay® or Google PayTM and make purchases from there. Once you link your cards to these apps, you can begin to make purchases with them. If you use the apps to pay, you get 1.8% cash rewards on qualified mobile wallet purchases, instead of 1.5%! This offer only lasts for the first 12 months once you open your account, so be sure to take advantage of it when you can!
Low Intro APR
The annual percentage rate (APR), is the amount of interest on your total loan amount that you’ll pay annually. Thus a lower APR translates to lower monthly payments, so the lower the better.
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card gives you a generous APR rate. You get 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and on qualifying balance transfers (fees apply), then a 16.24%-28.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee. The low APR rate on this card is great for those who carry a balance from month to month. Although we recommend that you pay off the balances to avoid paying interest at all.
No Annual Fee
An annual fee is a fee that’s automatically charged once a year to your credit card account for the benefits that come with that credit card. Although those can get very pricey, the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card doesn’t charge you anything despite it’s extensive benefits. For a card with this many benefits, a $0 annual fee is just the cherry on top.
Redeeming rewards with the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card is straightforward as well. You can redeem in the Go Far Rewards portal for gift cards, merchandise purchases, travel purchases, and cash rewards.
The best way to make the most out of your rewards is to redeem for cash redemptions. Non-cash redemption options tend to have lower value than cash redemptions.
You must accumulate a minimum of $25 in cash back rewards. Once you accumulate at least $25 in cash back rewards, you can redeem for statement credits, paper checks, or Wells Fargo bank account deposits.
However, if you have a Wells Fargo debit or ATM card, you can redeem at ATMs in $20 increments.
Cell Phone Protection
To take advantage of this benefit, you’ll need to firstly, put your monthly cellular bill on this card. You will then get covered for up to $600 for up to 3 phones. Again, the phones must be listed on the monthly bills for Cell Phone Protection services to be active.
There will be a $25 deductible for every time you use this service. You will also be approved for up to 2 claims per twelve months period. A $600 limit per claim multiplied by 2 claims. Therefore, you can get up to $1,200 in claims per twelve months.
The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card comes with reliable cash back rewards, a generous bonus, and no annual fee. Whether you are looking to save money or earn money, the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card can do it all. Offering a simple and efficient rewards system, this card has the best of both worlds and will undoubtedly give you everything you need.
Plus, you’ll get $600 protection on your cell phone, subject to $25 deductible, against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card.
If all these features appeal to you, then don’t hesitate to sign up for your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card today! If you’re interested in what other cards have to offer, see credit card promotions today! Also check out what Wells Fargo promotions you can apply for!
(Visit Wells Fargo for more details)
The information related to Wells Fargo Cash Wise card has been collected by Bankcheckingsavings and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
Other Credit Cards To Consider
1.5% Cash Back Alternatives:
With the American Express Cash Magnet® Card:
• Earn a $150 statement credit after you spend $1,000 or more in purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
• Unlimited 1.5% Cash Back on your purchases.
• Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be easily redeemed for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise.
• Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 15.24% to 26.24%.
• $0 plan fees for plans set up during your first 15 months of Card Membership with Plan It®, a feature that lets you split up big purchases into monthly payments with a fixed fee.
• You spoke, we listened. Over 1.6 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2018.
• No Annual Fee.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
With the Chase Freedom Unlimited® Card:
• New Offer! Double Cash Back: Earn 3% cash back on all purchases in your first year up to $20,000 spent. After that earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
• 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 17.24-25.99%. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
• No minimum to redeem for cash back
• Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
• Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit JourneySM
• No annual fee
Learn More About This Card
With the Capital One® Quicksilver® Cash Rewards Credit Card:
• One-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
• No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
• 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that
• 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months; 16.24%-26.24% variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amounts transferred within the first 15 months
• Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees
With the HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card:
• Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on all purchases.
• Earn an Introductory 3% Cash Back on all purchases in the first 12 months from Account opening, up to the first $10,000 in purchases
• 10% Anniversary Bonus on all Cash Rewards earned once a year.
• No Annual Fee.
• 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a 15.24%, 19.24% or 25.24% variable APR.
• No Foreign Transaction Fees.
• $0 liability for unauthorized purchases.
• Terms Apply.
• See Rates & Fees
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
The Best Bank Offers are updated here. See the below pages to get started with some of the best offers:
• Chase Bank Offers. Chase offers a range of attractive Checking, Savings and Business Accounts. Chase has a great selection of sign-up bonuses in comparison to other big banks.
• HSBC Bank Offers. HSBC Bank has big value offers available through this Checking Accounts. In addition, they are offering an attractive rate for their Online Savings Account.
• Huntington Bank Offers. Huntington Bank has high bonus amounts available through their Checking and Business Checking. Huntington also offers a Business Premier Money Market Account.
• Discover Bank Offers. Discover Bank offers top cashback, savings, money market accounts and CD rates for you to take advantage of. Discover has industry leading selections to cater to your banking needs.
• TD Bank Offers. TD Bank consistently offers a fantastic selection of checking accounts to cater to your banking needs. However, savings account offers are less frequently available.
|Discover Bank Online Savings||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking Member FDIC||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking Member FDIC||$350 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Asterisk-Free Checking®||$150 Cash||Review|
|Huntington 5 Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase SapphireSM Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase SavingsSM||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase College CheckingSM||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$1,250 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM||$150 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Plus Business Checking||$500 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Unlimited Business Checking||$400 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank Business Checking 100||$200 Cash||Review|